LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 209 users in the forums

MBA New Years Mock Draft

With the Trey Lance era about to start in earnest, I put together a mock draft based on the Niners current needs at CB, S, Edge, IOL and on special teams.

Day 2
Pick 60 Roger McCreary CB Auburn - four year starter who is best in man coverage and has a knack for making plays on the ball (Trade down for additional 3rd)
Pick 81 Wan'Dale Robinson WR Kentucky - dynamic athlete and chess piece player; RB, WR and KR; Deebo lite 2.0 with return ability
Pick 91 Jalyn Armour-Davis CB Alabama - the "other" Alabama CB; long, rangy CB but with better footwork and athleticism than Josh Jobe
Day 3
Pick 123 Yusuf Corker S Kentucky - explosive burst and straight line speed; good in coverage and against the run; good replacement for Tartt
Pick 162 Amare Barno Edge VA Tech - athletic, long edge defender who rush the passer, set the edge or cover the flats if necessary.
Pick 190 Dohnovan West C/G Arizona St - experienced smooth mover who can play OG or C; ideal for zone scheme
Pick 253 Ben Brown OL Ole Miss - another experienced C/OG with over 34 career starts
Pick 254 Matt Araiza PK/P San Diego St - Special teams weapon; averaged over 51 yd per punt and can place kick as well. Luxury pick but would be a great pickup IMO.
I recently watched McCreary. He's a first round corner all the way. It is a deep class, so MAYBE he lasts til early second round, but definitely don't want to move down just to miss out like we did with Asante Samuel Jr.

Wan'dale is a beast with the ball in his hand, but that's where any Deebo comps should end, as he's about 40 lbs lighter. Still would be an excellent addition to the squad on offense, and special teams as a potential return man. One of the faster and more electric players in the class.

Someone will draft Araiza in the first 4 rounds.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I recently watched McCreary. He's a first round corner all the way. It is a deep class, so MAYBE he lasts til early second round, but definitely don't want to move down just to miss out like we did with Asante Samuel Jr.

Wan'dale is a beast with the ball in his hand, but that's where any Deebo comps should end, as he's about 40 lbs lighter. Still would be an excellent addition to the squad on offense, and special teams as a potential return man. One of the faster and more electric players in the class.

Someone will draft Araiza in the first 4 rounds.

Just went with the board that presented itself. I think you are right and someone like Derion Kendrick or Kyler Gordon are more likely at that spot.

We need another WR and prefer one with KR skills. Understand that Wan'Dale doesn't fit Deebo's size profile, but he can play all three spots like Deebo can. Would be a solid addition to the Niners offense and special teams.

Araiza is a unicorn that the Niners can only hope lasts till that spot. If not Araiza, I think another sleeper LB like Al-Shaair would be the pick instead.
like the picks and it may be my own bias but think most of those guys go earlier
Share 49ersWebzone