LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

MBA Midseason 2021 Hellscape Mock Draft

With 2021 turning into a nightmare as opposed to a return to playoff contention, Niners will need to address the obvious holes in the secondary, Edge rusher and on the interior of the offensive line. Here is my first attempt at resolving those problems.

44. Brandon Joseph - SS to replace the oft injured Tartt next to Jimmie Ward.
S, Northwestern

75. David Ojabo - Explosive Edge rusher to play role Dee Ford was supposed to play opposite Bosa
EDGE, Michigan

112. Sevyn Banks - big physical CB that can handle perimeter coverage duties.
CB, Ohio State

151. James Empey - Center prospect to back up Mack
IOL, BYU

231. Joey Porter Jr. - another big physical CB that may eventually move to safety
CB, Penn State

253. Marquis Hayes - guard to supplement interior of the line
IOL, Oklahoma

254. Chris Autman-Bell - a developmental WR who excels at going over the middle
WR, Minnesota
I like the positions especially, looks like what I have been coming up with but different players. I think we might need a starting safety and backup, starting C and backup, EDGE help and CB help from the draft. Might get the starters in FA though with the Jimmy cap space

S
Edge
CB
IOL
CB
IOL
RB/WR/TE
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
I like the positions especially, looks like what I have been coming up with but different players. I think we might need a starting safety and backup, starting C and backup, EDGE help and CB help from the draft. Might get the starters in FA though with the Jimmy cap space

S
Edge
CB
IOL
CB
IOL
RB/WR/TE

I think we are on the same page. Tartt is gone so we need a starting SS type, because Hufanga ain't cutting it yet. Definitely need insurance for Mack as he is nearing the end of his career. Bosa needs a bookend to replace banged up Ford and CB is a glaring need. If Tomlinson moves on in free agency, Niners will need another guard, too.

This will obviously change the closer we get to the spring and depending on what the Niners do in free agency. At 3-5 though, the Niners need to be looking at their talent and heading back to the big board.
That safety seems pretty intriguing. Seems like a playmaker who can play both SS/FS
Share 49ersWebzone