There are 278 users in the forums

Cheer Myself Up Mock

Mac Jones blues suck. Here's my mock to cheer myself up.

R1.(3) Justin Fields, QB, OSU. He's been the seocnd ranked QB as far as a draft prospect for better part of two years. Now he's 4th or 5th because of two late risers? No. Does everything well, his ceiling is higher than Kirk Cousins. And he's not Mac Jones.

(SF trades #43 Trade to Chicago for #52 and the third in 2022, Chicago grabs Mond or Trask)
R2.(52) Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse. 6'2", 212. Long, rangy, physical and athletic outside corner who is a good zone fit. Also above -average as a run defender.

R3. 102) Kendrick Green, IOL, Illinois. 6'3" 300. Played guard and center at Illinois. Good fit for zone running scheme.

R4.(117) Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas. 5'9", 170. Dynamic and explosive play maker Can take top off a defense, also very good in return game. Missing piece in this offense

R5.(155) Victor Dimukeje, EDGE, Duke. 6'2" 265. 4 year starter at Duke, racked up 21.5 sacks over that time, Athletic, with good power and technique, also plays with yrgency.

R5.(172) Caden Stearns, S , Texas. 6'0", 210. Coverage-versatile safety, smart and instinctive. Started 28 of 29 games for Texas. A draft crush of mine.

R5.(180) Chris Evans, RB, Michigan. 5'10" , 216. Ideal RB size with all physical skills to be very good NFL RB. Good pass pro, good hands as receiver. Could be every down back if necessary. Had some issues at Michigan, fell out of favor, but upside and potential are there.

R6.(194) Jimmy Morrissey, C, Pitt. 6'3" 300. Walk-on who became four-year starter and captain at Pitt. Developmental center who would fit in zone blocking scheme.

R7.(230) Jacob Harris, TE/WR, UCF. 6'5 212" Long, plus athlete WR with a frame that may allow him to convert to TE in NFL. Less dynamic and smaller version of Darren Waller. Also met with him.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 27, 2021 at 8:28 AM ]
Melfonwu is my favorite out of the second tier cbs but I don't see him falling that far. Overall nice mock. Would be happy with these players.
I'm down.
Not bad at all. Would rather have a 2nd CB or an OT prospect instead of another RB, but that is just a personal preference. If the Niners want a RB, Evans would be a good addition late. Nice work.
I like.....very niceeeeee
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Melfonwu is my favorite out of the second tier cbs but I don't see him falling that far. Overall nice mock. Would be happy with these players.

Only 9 slots after their original selection. I think he'll be selected after Stokes, Robinson, Newsome, etc.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Not bad at all. Would rather have a 2nd CB or an OT prospect instead of another RB, but that is just a personal preference. If the Niners want a RB, Evans would be a good addition late. Nice work.

Thanks. I also looked at Jason Pinnock, Pitt instead of Morrissey as a late CB. 6' 0", 190. Good length and athletic and nice scheme fit.

I mocked Evans because if I remember correctly Mostert and Wilson only have one year left on their contracts and have been nicked up.. Hasty failed to impress when he was given feature role.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 28, 2021 at 7:29 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone