There are 207 users in the forums

NYniner85 final mock 2021

Only did two legit mock this yr...sucks I wanted to invest more time on players outside of QB BUT let's face it, pick 3 will determine the outcome of this draft and the futures of Lynch/Shanahan I do these mocks more for myself... so I can look back and see how right/wrong I was lol.

I used TDN big board and I didn't do any trades (I'm guessing we trade back up at some point or for future picks).

Here we go....

3rd: Justin Fields QB OSU-Kid is a superstar in the making. He has been looked at as a top 5 pick in the draft since he was in HS. There's a lot of dot connecting with him and the Shanahan's. Part of me also thinks there's a change Lance is the pick, but I'll go with my heart

43rd: Asante Samuel Jr CB FSU- The more I watch the more I like. He's got the pedigree and IMO is great for a zone based defense. I feel like he's a late 1st early 2nd rd pick. I also like Campbell here if Samuel is gone.

102nd: Kendrick Green IOL Illinois- I think he's a ideal IOL for OZ based offenses. He can plug in at RG and be the future at C. I also like Drew Dalman a little later as a future C BUT I don't think he's as versatile

117th: Elerson Smith EDGE Northern Iowa- He's got length and good explosiveness. He's got some moves but needs more time for development. You can line him up in the W9 and he's good vs the run. Nice rotational DL with some great tools to work with.

155th: Shi Smith WR USC- We've meet with him. He's a quick (4.4) slot WR and showed that at the Senior Bowl. Great hands and tough. He kinda reminds me of Anthony Miller who I was a fan of (over Pettis). I also like Frank Darby and Cade Johnson here as well.

172nd Simi Fehoko WR Stanford- This is based a lot off straight up athletic ability, you can tell he's still learning to run routes BUT his size/speed is just not teachable. He could be that Hurd big slot guy OR you can throw him outside and just have him run a go route and just out beat his man. Fields approves lol.

180th: Camryn Bynum CB Cal- We need more bodies in the DB room and this kid has the ability to work in a zone based defense. He's physical at the LOS. Team captain and played well vs Ayiuk last yr.

194th Elijah Mitchell RB Louisiana-He's a one cut and go RB. I wouldn't say he's Mostert fast but he's plenty quick. He can catch passes and pickup blitzes.

230th- Josh Bell Marshall OT-He was a 4 star recruit at FSU with some questionable off field stuff. He is a mountain of a man who moves very smoothly in space. IF he's got his head on straight, he's got the talent to be a starting RT in the NFL. IF not you cut him and move on low risk sky high upside. Brandon Throne thinks he's got the goods.

Okay there it is! Give me Fields/Lance and I literally could careless how the rest of the draft goes
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 21, 2021 at 7:44 AM ]
100% agree. It all hinges on #3. So distracted by the possibility of Mac Jones, hard to focus on mocks. Lol. Really like your top 3. Could go with Meinerz in R3 as well. After R3 everybody's mock goes a different direction it seems as far as players, but the positions are pretty universal. I like it. Not sure I would go with 2 WRs, but that's just picking nits. Wouldn't complain with these guys at all.
I like it NY. I find myself hovering around the same players a lot of solid depth players in this draft.
Great job! This is a really well thought out draft. Love it! I just hope that those players are there.
Phenomenal draft. Those are the first 2 players I want with our first 2 picks. Can any of the 2 wrs return punts? That's a major need imo so if they can't, just swap Simi or Smith out with one that can and we are good to go
Originally posted by elguapo:
Phenomenal draft. Those are the first 2 players I want with our first 2 picks. Can any of the 2 wrs return punts? That's a major need imo so if they can't, just swap Simi or Smith out with one that can and we are good to go

Smith does
  • fan49
  • Veteran
This is my ideal draft. Especially the first two picks. And you covered all our knees with a couple sleeper picks too. Samuel is my pick in the second round. There's a couple of good corners that we could pick right there. But I think we go with the bloodline
Like the top 3. But the Isi and Simi, OMG, will be the cherry on top!
Originally posted by Rathof44:
100% agree. It all hinges on #3. So distracted by the possibility of Mac Jones, hard to focus on mocks. Lol. Really like your top 3. Could go with Meinerz in R3 as well. After R3 everybody's mock goes a different direction it seems as far as players, but the positions are pretty universal. I like it. Not sure I would go with 2 WRs, but that's just picking nits. Wouldn't complain with these guys at all.

Yeah I don't think we will end up with 9 picks, we simply don't have room on the roster...so a move up or future picks in a trade might be what happens at some point.

I think Meinerz is a top 64 pick, I don't think he makes it to 103.

and there's just so many good WRs in this draft...we got Bourne gone, Hurd is an unknown, taylor is gone, Deebo health issues...I see them double dipping at WR.

Thanks for the feedback
Originally posted by Izyniner:
I like it NY. I find myself hovering around the same players a lot of solid depth players in this draft.

Originally posted by 25213646:
Great job! This is a really well thought out draft. Love it! I just hope that those players are there.

Originally posted by AsianJeff:

Just get fields of Lance and I'm calling the draft a success
Nailed it

Very similar to the mock I'm working on

Nice job
Share 49ersWebzone