There are 190 users in the forums

MrCrab 2021 Mock Draft 1.0

Picks are based on need this year and next year:
QB, OL, DB, RB, WR

Round/Players
  1. Justin Fields, QB, 6-3, 225, Ohio St. or Zach Wilson, 6-2, 215, BYU
  2. Josh Myers, C/G, 6-4 312, Ohio St. or Trey Hill, C/G, 6-3, 330, Georgia
  3. Rondale Moore, WR, 5-9, 180, 4.40, Purdue or Anthony Schwartz, WR, 6-0, 179, 4.39, Auburn
  4. Paulson Adebo, CB, 6-1, 192, 4.55, Stanford or D. Lenoir, DB, 5-11,195, 4.52, Oregon
  5. Simi Feroko, WR, 6-3, 227, 4.40, Stanford or Calvin Ashley, OT, 6-6, 325, Florida A&M
  6. Pooka Williams, RB, 5-10, 170, 4.45, Kansas or Javian Hawkins, RB, 5-10, 196, 4.39, Louisville
I think another edge would be a need.
I like getting a C/G and a tackle to fortify the oline. I think we need another DE and Shanalynch seems to like to get his RBs from UD RBs. But I liked your focus.
As someone who loves defensive football I'm gonna say this draft I'm not feeling
Do you think the Niners are going to package picks to trade up and only end up with 6 picks? If they only end up with 6 picks, does the front office draft mostly offense?
Don't know what you're thinking here.
This year Is offense focus. Need replacement for RBs and C/Gs. Also, need to protect new big investment. Besides, for OL, not much depth there. For WR, not much depth either, only Aiyuk and Deebo. Need faster recievers to take advantage of Fields Arm strength. DB, another area that needs depth as most of current DBs only signed for 1-yr. Good year to get depth in DBs.
Currently, 49ers DL/Edge are set. Don't need immediate help there. But next year, Ford gone, it will be a good year to refocus on Defense. Besides, this year's draft, DL/Edge and LB not much studs.
Not bad.

Do you think Creed Humphrey and/or Quinn Meinerz will be gone at our 2nd round pick? I'd much prefer one of them over Myers or Hill.

I don't think Rondale Moore will be there in the 3rd but that would be awesome. Schwartz is fast but not much of a WR at this point, I'd wait until the 5th to take him.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
This year Is offense focus. Need replacement for RBs and C/Gs. Also, need to protect new big investment. Besides, for OL, not much depth there. For WR, not much depth either, only Aiyuk and Deebo. Need faster recievers to take advantage of Fields Arm strength. DB, another area that needs depth as most of current DBs only signed for 1-yr. Good year to get depth in DBs.
Currently, 49ers DL/Edge are set. Don't need immediate help there. But next year, Ford gone, it will be a good year to refocus on Defense. Besides, this year's draft, DL/Edge and LB not much studs.

So, the Niners have 9 picks. What are they going to do with the last three? Pick one guy at each slot and why you did. Then we can tell you what we think.
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Picks are based on need this year and next year:
QB, OL, DB, RB, WR

Round/Players
  1. Justin Fields, QB, 6-3, 225, Ohio St. or Zach Wilson, 6-2, 215, BYU
  2. Josh Myers, C/G, 6-4 312, Ohio St. or Trey Hill, C/G, 6-3, 330, Georgia
  3. Rondale Moore, WR, 5-9, 180, 4.40, Purdue or Anthony Schwartz, WR, 6-0, 179, 4.39, Auburn
  4. Paulson Adebo, CB, 6-1, 192, 4.55, Stanford or D. Lenoir, DB, 5-11,195, 4.52, Oregon
  5. Simi Feroko, WR, 6-3, 227, 4.40, Stanford or Calvin Ashley, OT, 6-6, 325, Florida A&M
  6. Pooka Williams, RB, 5-10, 170, 4.45, Kansas or Javian Hawkins, RB, 5-10, 196, 4.39, Louisville

Myers is straight up awful, watching so much of Fields tape it was just bad overall...he's not a top 100 pick. Hill is a straight up gap/power center only. He's not a fit for this scheme.

Schwartz is a 5th rd prospect. Rondale moore is actually 5-7 181 and I'm not touching Pooka after the DV issues.

Sorry not a fan of this at all (minus Fields of course )
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by MrCrab49ers:
Picks are based on need this year and next year:
QB, OL, DB, RB, WR

Round/Players
  1. Justin Fields, QB, 6-3, 225, Ohio St. or Zach Wilson, 6-2, 215, BYU
  2. Josh Myers, C/G, 6-4 312, Ohio St. or Trey Hill, C/G, 6-3, 330, Georgia
  3. Rondale Moore, WR, 5-9, 180, 4.40, Purdue or Anthony Schwartz, WR, 6-0, 179, 4.39, Auburn
  4. Paulson Adebo, CB, 6-1, 192, 4.55, Stanford or D. Lenoir, DB, 5-11,195, 4.52, Oregon
  5. Simi Feroko, WR, 6-3, 227, 4.40, Stanford or Calvin Ashley, OT, 6-6, 325, Florida A&M
  6. Pooka Williams, RB, 5-10, 170, 4.45, Kansas or Javian Hawkins, RB, 5-10, 196, 4.39, Louisville

Myers is straight up awful, watching so much of Fields tape it was just bad overall...he's not a top 100 pick. Hill is a straight up gap/power center only. He's not a fit for this scheme.

Schwartz is a 5th rd prospect. Rondale moore is actually 5-7 181 and I'm not touching Pooka after the DV issues.

Sorry not a fan of this at all (minus Fields of course )

Adebo and Fehoko are good picks too.

Draft crush is Rondale Moore. Does he last that long?
A corner absolutely has to be a way higher pick than that. Unless we are OK with Jason Verrett getting injured again and Dante Johnson starting on the outside.
Originally posted by elguapo:
A corner absolutely has to be a way higher pick than that. Unless we are OK with Jason Verrett getting injured again and Dante Johnson starting on the outside.

I agree but, the value is just isn't there after the first round and early second. Must get OL on 2nd round. 49ers will address DB in 2022 possibly in the 2nd round since they don't have a first. Also FA in 2022 will help too.

Also the D scheme do not require top corners, just smart and can hit. 49ers spend money in DL.
Share 49ersWebzone