There are 229 users in the forums

Day 1 mock draft

It's already difficult to do a first round mock so i certainly don't try the 7 rounds which becomes a wish list for my niners.
So here's how i see day one...

#1 T Lawrence QB Clemson - Jaguars (Meyer already proclame it so no suspense here)
#2 Z Wilson QB BY - Jets (No they dont trade with us and no they wont concede us Zach, Steve Young inside info is enough for me)
#3 J Fields QB Ohio State - Niners (we take the qb with the most upside in this draft)
#4 K Pitts TE Florida - Falcons (they won't find a trade partner #5-10 so they take the freakish athlete in this draft - having Matthews @LT)
#5 P Sewell LT Oregon - Bengals (with Burrows injury they protect his blind side with the best lineman in the draft)
#6 J Chase WR LSU - Dolphins (i think they coveted either Pitts or Chase thats why they triggered the niners/eagles trade)
#7 J Waddle WR Alabama - Lions (they replace Golloday with the more physical Alabama WR)
#8 R Slater LT Northwestern - Panthers (i had them pic a QB before the Darnold trade, now they save him from his ghosts having a promising WR room)
#9 D Smith WR Alabama - Broncos (they don't believe he slides to them and pick him happily !)
#10 P Surtain II CB Alabama - Cowgirls (they gotta go defense and it starts in the secondary with no top 10 DL available in 2021)
#11 M Parsons LB PSU - Giants (it's a CB or LB but with Surtain gone i think they pick the top LB on their board)
#12 J Horn CB South Carolina - Eagles (there is so much need here i guessed defense with the top 2 OL and top 3 WR gone)
TRADE ! Patriots send their 2nd round pick to the chargers to swap their 1st round. The reasoning is this : The WTF (and Bears) might want to trade up but there is an usual situation with the NFC east selecting @ #10-11-12 so the WTF cant trade that far but could with the chargers (the price is to steep to go to #9). The patriots want Jones and secure him. Those two teams traded with each other last year the other way around (late first).
#13 M Jones QB Alabama - Patriots
#14 C Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech - Vikings (Cousins must be better protected if they want any chance for a playoffs spot)
#15 A Vera-Tucker OG USC - Chargers (if the chargers value Darrisaw more then they dont trade down and the Patriots deal with the vikings or stay pat)
#16 N Harris RB Alabama - Cardinals (they really really look scarry and are ready to push for the playoffs)
#17 J Owusu-Koramoah Notre Dame - Raiders (with 4 OL already gone the raiders go defense and pick the LB they coveted)
TRADE ?! It would make sense that the Bears try to jump in front of the WTF to select a QB (Dolphins would be open as they would only slide down two spots). It's a close call...
#18 A Ojulari Edge Georgia - Dolphins (if Pitts fall to them @#6 they draft Bateman here and dont trade with Bears but in this scenario they take the Edge they value the most)
#19 T Lance QB NDSU - WTF (Fitz is a bridgeQB and gives Trey enough time to grow)
#20 R Bateman Minnesota - Bears (they upgrade their WR room)
#21 T Jenkins OT OSU - Colts
#22 G Newsome II CB Northwestern - Titans
#23 T Etienne RB Clemson - Jets (they pick an OL in the 2nd round)
#24 S Cosmi OT Texas - Steelers
#25 C Barmore DT Alabama - Jaguars
#26 K Paye Edge Michigan - Browns
#27 T Moehrig S TCU - Ravens
#28 J Phillips Edge Florida - Saints
#29 C Farley CB Virginia Tech - Packers
#30 G Rousseau Edge Miami - Bills
#31 J Davis LB Kentucky - Chiefs
#32 T Marshall Jr WR LSU - Buccs

and yes i made (more than) one conscious mistype...
Not a bad projection but no chance in hell Lance falls out of the top 10 let alone all the way down to 19
I understand it's not what the experts and most think
But he is too much of a project so whose GM will take that risk on him ? I really dont see any team in the top 14
i think falcons lions and panthers wont do it this year
broncos ? Maybe but that means they're throwing in the towel on Lock after 2 years and frankly i think they would go mac jones then
the patriots ? If mac is available they trade for him
then it would take the bears or WTF to move up big i dont foresee that so that why he falls à la Rodgers
Share 49ersWebzone