LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

crash mock 04APR2021

1. i think the Jets are wishy washy - we end up with Zach Wilson QB BYU
I think Fields will be a superstar and the Jets get him or we pass on him. Mac Jones is a big smoke screen. Lance will be a long project.
2. Javonte Williams, RB UNC - a young stud since we lost two veteran running backs. He can do it all like a young Ricky Watters
3. Tommy Tremble TE ND - a receiving TE. since we need Jordan Reed and I'm not sure he's back and Dewelley and the others are not as good.
4. David Moore - C/G Grambling - somebody to compete and groom for interior OL since we got a few older veterans and Brunskill sucks
5. Tyler Shelvin - DL LSU. Interior DL to compete with Kerr and Jones plus we need bodies since we lost Solomon Thomas and Blair. And Givens is iffy.
5. Dazz Newsome - WR UNC - another tarheel. Slot receiver since we dont have any.
5. Shaune Wade - CB OhioState - nickel corner to groom since we got guys on 1 year contracts
6. Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR iLL - since we need more. really, we have Aiyuk and gimpy Deebo who is 50% around, on and off Richie James and a bunch of scabs. Lost Bourne. That's why we need at least two receivers
7. Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB, OSU more SAM linebackers
[ Edited by Crash49 on Apr 4, 2021 at 11:41 AM ]
I love Tommy Tremble, but he's not a receiving TE. He's a fantastic blocker though and may ultimately be a TE/FB hybrid like Juszczyk.

Brevin Jordan and Hunter Long are the best receiving TE's after Pitts and Friermuth.
cool thanks
i'm starting to think its Trey Lance. He has the tools and is quick thinking. Fields is like a Jimmy G, big arm, holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked. Trey Lance probably needs work to catch up to the NFL speed so Jimmy is probably ok with that. Everybody else, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones are all a smoke screen just to keep the Jets on their toes.
1. Trey Lance QB SDSU
2. Javonte Williams, RB UNC
3. Tommy Tremble TE ND or maybe a corner
4. David Moore - C/G Grambling
5. Tyler Shelvin - DL LSU
5. Dazz Newsome - WR UNC
5. Shaun Wade - CB OhioState
6. Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR iLL
7. Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB, OSU
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crash49:
i'm starting to think its Trey Lance. He has the tools and is quick thinking. Fields is like a Jimmy G, big arm, holds onto the ball too long and gets sacked. Trey Lance probably needs work to catch up to the NFL speed so Jimmy is probably ok with that. Everybody else, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, Mac Jones are all a smoke screen just to keep the Jets on their toes.
1. Trey Lance QB SDSU
2. Javonte Williams, RB UNC
3. Tommy Tremble TE ND or maybe a corner
4. David Moore - C/G Grambling
5. Tyler Shelvin - DL LSU
5. Dazz Newsome - WR UNC
5. Shaun Wade - CB OhioState
6. Josh Imatorbhebhe - WR iLL
7. Amen Ogbongbemiga, LB, OSU

Fields is nothing like Jimmy G LOL. He's more accurate as a way bigger arms than Jimmy, He can throw outside the numbers and he's more accurate. Sure a Trey Lance has the tools. But I'll tell you this fields is more accurate, Is more fluid as an athlete, And he's faster. Not to mention he played way better defenses. He also threw wet 500 more passes LOL
Nice mock. Love the two WR's you added. Only would argue about two things. Taking a IDL in Shelvin as opposed to an edge rusher early on day 3 would only happen if Dee Ford is miraculously healthy and able to play this year. Like the Moore pick at IOL, but would substitute a swing OG/T prospect for either the TE or LB. Niners could lose McGlinchey next year if has another bad year, so need to have an insurance policy for that possibility.
i didn't think of a swing right side OT/OG because we have already Skule, Brunskill, Coleman and McKivitiz. I do acknowledge that they are not great

i can see an edge rusher. Bosa Armstead Ebukam Street and +- Ford and some scrubs could use more people
Share 49ersWebzone