LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

Post FA + Trade Mock

1st Round: QB Justin Fields Ohio St. 6'3" 228
Typically Pro Days don't mean sh*t when making player evals, but it was stark watching Fields work out after Mac Jones. The two QBs simply don't belong in the same sentence and hopefully the discussion about Jones will die down. I simply cannot see the 49ers mortgaging their future and betting their franchise on a QB with Jones' skillset when a player as dynamic as Fields is available. The only question now is whether Fields has jumped up in in the conversation for the Jets. In any case this decision should come down to Fields or Wilson and the Niners should be ecstatic with either. I fully believe Shanahan wants a QB who can put pressure on a defense with their arm AND with their legs. Fields has a cannon and according to every advanced metric is the most accurate QB in this class. Add that to legit 4.4 speed and the frame of ILB and you have a potential generational talent. He has to be the pick.

2nd Round: CB Tyson Campbell Georgia 6'1" 185
The 49ers can go a number of different ways here - Edge, OL, S - but I think the CB talent drops off pretty dramatically after the 2nd round where guys like Campbell, his teammate Eric Stokes and nickels like Elijah Molden and Asante Samuel Jr. should be available. Campbell is the highest upside of this group. He's long, fast and exceptionally fluid. He still hasn't put it all together, but he projects as CB1 if he does. If the 49ers choose to go in another direction, I wouldn't mind Edge Ronnie Perkins - someone who is being undervalued - or IOL Quinn Meinerz here.

3rd Round: IOL Kendrick Green Illinois 6'4" 315
This is a late 3rd rounder and will probably come down to the best edge or offensive lineman available. Green is a starter from Day 1 who dominated at Illinois. He can play any spot on the interior and projects as this team's future OC. Plug him into RG for a couple years to study under Alex Mack and then transition him inside and don't look back for a decade.

4th Round: TE Tommy Tremble Notre Dame 6'4" 248
We know Shanahan has been dying to find a complement to Kittle and the perfect candidate is Tommy Tremble. Like Kittle, he was rarely utilized in the passing game at ND, but the kid is a dynamic athlete whose football is ahead of him.

5th Round: DE Jordan Smith UAB 6'7" 255
I would love for the 49ers to find an Edge before the 5th round but the value might not be there. Here the 49ers need to look for potential and tools and Jordan Smith has those in spades. He's an incredibly long, fluid edge player who has a surprising array of moves.

5th Round: CB Kary Vincent Jr. LSU 5'10" 185
Vincent Jr. opted out of the season but is a feisty and uber-athletic coverman.

5th Round: WR Shi Smith S Carolina 5'10" 190
49ers go back to the well in South Carolina and pick of Deebo's former running mate, Shi Smith, who's tough, explosive and can be a great weapon out of the slot.

6th Round: RB Pooka Williams Jr. Kansas 5'10" 170
A burner at RB in the mold of Raheem Mostert and Matt Breida, Pooka can fly. He gives the 49ers another versatile 3rd down back and kick-returner.

7th Round: DE Tarron Jackson Coastal Carolina 6'2" 260
Jackson dominated this year at Coastal Carolina, grading out as one of the top three edge players according to PFF. He doesn't have eye-popping measurables but he embodies the "all gas, no brakes" mantra of this defense.
Nice mock. Solid top to bottom. Did a mock on my own earlier today and we picked many of the same players. Only quibble would be with taking two edge rushers. Niners have three solid DE's/pass rushers already and Dee Ford may be back. Would rather have an extra DT after Givens arrest or a developmental OT with that last pick. Well done.
Ip best mock I've seen so far. We have to address cb with our 2nd pick. Samuel would be good too but I like addressing the IOL in round 3.
Gimmie!
Nice
I'd be very happy with this. A+
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Will tremble be around in 4th? Hope so. Nice mock!
Share 49ersWebzone