LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 251 users in the forums

Post Blockbuster No Trades Mock

I haven't done one of these in years, but the big trade got me excited.

Positions drafted after QB1: DB, ATH, G/C, CB, WR, EDGE, OT, TE/FB

#3: Future Franchise QB1: The idea of a QB with elite traits armed with a Kyle Shanahan running game and healthy weapons makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I hate that we'll likely have to wait until 2022 to see it flourish.

#43: Elijah Molden CB/S | Washington: Like many suspect I think there will be a run on the remaining top tier DB's starting late first, early second round and I believe we should jump on one at #43 to push the top of the depth chart. Molden has the versatility to play in the slot or at safety. Better value might be available if a run on the remaining upper tier DB's starts later.

#102: Demetric Felton RB/WR/KR | UCLA: Great Swiss Army Knife fit for the roster and a new toy for Shanahan.

#117: Kendrick Green – G/C | Illinois: He can play guard or center and sounds like a perfect athletic fit to plug and play in the 49ers run game. A lot of draftnik sites have him slotted around the 6th round but it sounds like he's climbing to early day 3.

#155: Robert Rochell – CB | Central Arkansas: He didn't show that great at the Senior Bowl then got injured but has crazy physical tools. Coached up he could a major steal. Hoping for some 5th round magic if he's still available here. Other options could be Adebo or Lenoir.

#172: Austin Watkins – WR | UAB: Sammy's cousin, hopefully stays under the radar. Good Senior Bowl week. He looks like a great fit.

#180: Jonathan Cooper – EDGE | Ohio State: Kind of a one trick pony at this point but should add rotational depth as a situational pass rusher in year one.

#194: Kayode Awosika – T/G | Buffalo: A sleeper who could climb higher than the 6th.

#230: Kylen Granson – TE/FB |SMU: Another versatile piece with some time to develop. He's built more like a FB than TE and hopefully scheme specific enough to last this long.

Your thoughts?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Mar 28, 2021 at 12:45 PM ]
Nice
Nice mock Sonoco You covered our needs and our depth. I think an outside corner might be more valuable than a slot corner just because we are so thin there right now and there's no way any of us want Dante Johnson backing up Verrett or Moesley
  • fan49
  • Veteran
What's your pic at one? We know it's a quarterback but who do you think it's going to be
Originally posted by fan49:
What's your pic at one? We know it's a quarterback but who do you think it's going to be

Assuming Wilson is gone, I think it'll be Fields.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Nice mock Sonoco You covered our needs and our depth. I think an outside corner might be more valuable than a slot corner just because we are so thin there right now and there's no way any of us want Dante Johnson backing up Verrett or Moesley

Thank you. Good point. Nobody wants to see Johnson on the roster let alone on the field.
Call your shot, Sonoco. Which QB do you think will be there? The rest of your draft is nicely done. So, finish what you started.
#3: Future Franchise QB1: The idea of a QB with elite traits armed with a Kyle Shanahan running game and healthy weapons makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I hate that we'll likely have to wait until 2022 to see it flourish.

*Which one, stake your claim! I think it will be Fields which will be great for moving the chains

#43: Elijah Molden CB/S | Washington: Like many suspect I think there will be a run on the remaining top tier DB's starting late first, early second round and I believe we should jump on one at #43 to push the top of the depth chart. Molden has the versatility to play in the slot or at safety. Better value might be available if a run on the remaining upper tier DB's starts later.

* Like Molden as a slot corner/dime safety but there are a bunch of CBs that will be available for the boundary like Kelvin Joseph, Trill Williams, Paulson Adebo, Keith Taylor, Benjamin St-Juste, Kary Vincent Jr., Deommodore Lenoir, Darren Hall, Shaun Jolly,

#102: Demetric Felton RB/WR/KR | UCLA: Great Swiss Army Knife fit for the roster and a new toy for Shanahan.

*Yes please!

#117: Kendrick Green – G/C | Illinois: He can play guard or center and sounds like a perfect athletic fit to plug and play in the 49ers run game. A lot of draftnik sites have him slotted around the 6th round but it sounds like he's climbing to early day 3.

*Another Yes please!

#155: Robert Rochell – CB | Central Arkansas: He didn't show that great at the Senior Bowl then got injured but has crazy physical tools. Coached up he could a major steal. Hoping for some 5th round magic if he's still available here. Other options could be Adebo or Lenoir.

*One of the good mid round CB options, I would like to see them double dip for CBs

#172: Austin Watkins – WR | UAB: Sammy's cousin, hopefully stays under the radar. Good Senior Bowl week. He looks like a great fit.

*Would add another WR late like you do, don't know much about Austin

#180: Jonathan Cooper – EDGE | Ohio State: Kind of a one trick pony at this point but should add rotational depth as a situational pass rusher in year one.

*Yes yes yes, I constantly mock this dude to the Niners

#194: Kayode Awosika – T/G | Buffalo: A sleeper who could climb higher than the 6th.

*Yes yes yes, I constantly mock this dude to the Niners. Need a swing tackle

#230: Kylen Granson – TE/FB |SMU: Another versatile piece with some time to develop. He's built more like a FB than TE and hopefully scheme specific enough to last this long.

*I always end my mocks with a TE, been going with Shaun Beyer TE Iowa
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

*Which one, stake your claim! I think it will be Fields which will be great for moving the chains

* Like Molden as a slot corner/dime safety but there are a bunch of CBs that will be available for the boundary like Kelvin Joseph, Trill Williams, Paulson Adebo, Keith Taylor, Benjamin St-Juste, Kary Vincent Jr., Deommodore Lenoir, Darren Hall, Shaun Jolly,

*Yes please!

*Another Yes please!

*One of the good mid round CB options, I would like to see them double dip for CBs

*Would add another WR late like you do, don't know much about Austin

*Yes yes yes, I constantly mock this dude to the Niners

*Yes yes yes, I constantly mock this dude to the Niners. Need a swing tackle

*I always end my mocks with a TE, been going with Shaun Beyer TE Iowa

I'm definitely down with Fields. He's got all the tools, he's tough and I think his weaknesses are coachable.
I'll be shocked if we don't double dip (at least) on DB's.
Thanks for the feedback!
Share 49ersWebzone