LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 318 users in the forums

7 round Mock 'the value of trading down--trade down Mock draft'

To test the theory that I can get more of the players I like by trading down and achieve more value for the needs of the 49ers I decided to accept all of the trades offered in the pfn draft simulator until I had enough picks accumulated to create competition at every position of need. I knew where approximately many of the players I liked would go according to their valuations having done many mocks on their site. I love the results consistently when trading down and while perhaps not realistic that I'd get so many players with what I consider 'all star' upside. I got what I considered to be a ridiculous amount of value by using the trade down strategy, and do every time I try it. PFN Mock Draft Simulator is the only site that offers trades I believe as I'm to lazy to calculate points and values etc.. Perhaps its just that PFN's valuation is so much different than many of the other sites valuations of players that I've read that I seem to have more perceived value in rounds 3-7 (and below) based on what I've read about many of the players and their fit and what the niners 'like'. Check this mock out and tell me what you think. I'm not that serious about it but do read and spend some time reading this stuff in my spare time.

reguruz 7 round Mock:
for the trade backs in addition to extra 2021 draft pick, I also got 2022: LV 2022 2ND, GB 2022 2ND, CAR 2022 2ND, 2022 ARI 3RD, 2022 LAC 4TH, WAS 2022 5TH , GB 5TH, then 2021 picks from 7th to 3rd?
241 - john Bates 65 265 TE - boise state - big athletic guy and a good blocker that didn't have enough college production--think kittle? He's huge, blocked caught and ran well at the senior bowl.
172 - Jacoby Stevens- lsu S - #1 safety out of hs, predicted to be 1st rounder, 63 230 lbs leader of championship team defense came back to finish degree and compete for 2nd title, but now scouts say he might be too slow to cover speed demons (dude is a strong box safety don't put him on tyreke hill)
162 Kary Vincent jr - lsu cb 5'9 190 - title winner - productive, ran anchor 100 for ncaa record breaking 4x100 - 10.01 100m (slot cb?)
155 - chuba hubbard rb okla st. - shanahan does so well at getting undrafted players but we had so many picks after trading down. I heard he had a 2k season. That used to mean something. not bad for a 3rd-4th string back in case of emergencies.
137 - Marvin Wilson dt fsu - -I saw marvin get into backfield on tape and he seemed like at least he'd be good depth but possibly a very valuable player.
135 - Monty Rice lb ga - 6'1 235 - super athletic team and vocal leader makes for nice depth. would be a quality starter on most teams?
117 James Hudson 6'5 305 - Athletic freak who is twitchy yet needs some technique refinement according to some scouts. I think we look for athletic guys like this and hopefully we don't need the depth like we did this year. He could compete for a guard/tackle backup.
102 - Paulson Adebo 6'2 195 cb stanford - tore up pac12 as a freshmen, then hurt, then covid - I think he might be a late riser, I'd probably draft him higher but I know pfn has him ranked lower at 130 or so.
98. Jaelon Darden - I normally don't like 5'9 175lb players no matter how good in college but its low enough to take this D2 kid who makes watching highlights of him feel like a video game in cheat mode.
92. Quinn Meinerz - center - I think he might be 3rd ranked center and comes from a small school--we need depth behind the old man.
73. Eric Stokes 6'1 185- cb Ga - now anyone who follows football knows that the raiders won't let this guy fall this low because he ran an unofficial 4.24? They will probably trade up to the first pick to get him at #1 because they always go bananas for speed--but seriously some Mocks had him going to niners at 12 so early 3rd isn't bad at all.
64. Dillon Raddunz 6'6 305 OT N Dakota st- pfn had this guy as bpa (best player (maybe tackle) available) and I knew we needed more depth at such an important position as pass protector. Let the competition begin---although I missed out on one of my favorite players at OT, Walker Little who was only a few players behind (I didn't see it or I would have gotten Walker who was #1 player coming out of hs, grandpa was all pro and comes from football freak family. Again Dillon Radunz was mocked in many drafts as a high first round player coming from a small school. That usually means the dude can ball.

So basically no 1st or 2nd round pick? ---just a huge batch of good inexpensive players and some heavy duty ammo for next year also.
Interesting post. I like the pile of future picks, but I think your strategy would work better for a weak or rebuilding team. Despite some of the negative posters around here, we have a strong roster. Picking so many draftees is simply going to help other teams around cut-back time. Personally at the moment I would trade up to secure just a few players who are more likely to have an impact. But I enjoyed the read.
Share 49ersWebzone