LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

The dream draft scenario

so I am bored af and decided to make a mock draft. I used the pff mock simulator. I only did 5 rounds. I downgraded the randomness in that a bit and upped the positional value and drafting for need.

So here we go!
Draft
TRADE UP: niners give the dolphins pick 12, there first next year and 2nd next year for the third overall pick.

3. QB - Justin fields - our future franchise qb who we hav locked in to a cheap deal for the next 5 years

TRADE: the niners trade Jimmy G to the patriots for pick 47 and 99. The patriots want to bring the prodigal son home, and do so at a reasonable cost.

44. G - Wyatt Davis

47. CB - Ty Gowan

99. C - Quinn meinerz

117. WR - tutu atwell

TRADE: the niners send 97 for the chiefs 2nd next year and 136

136. S - richard lecounte

156 - NB - kart Vincent

TRADE: Niners trade 172 to the Falcons for 177 and their third next year.

177 - ED - Charles Snowden

180. T - Larry Borom

196 - a TE, DI, HB, CB, or LB

230 - a TE, DI, HB, CB, or LB

So for 2022
We'd have a 2nd, 3 3rds, a 4, 5, and 7

With no contract for Jimmy we'd be in significantly better position in regards of the cap. We have loaded up in the secondary and on the oline maintained a decent amount of draft capital in 2022 while also getting our franchise qb.

let me know what you think!
I like the trade up for Justin Fields. I think he is the most likely outcome if the 49ers move up and I think he will be able to work under center fairly quickly. I think 49ers will hold on to JimmyG though for at least one transition year. Patriots also probably not wanting to give up much for him, so we'll see.
Really like Gowan, he got length and is a scheme fit. I've also seen him all over the map for draft position: as high as late 2nd to 6th. Opting out of 2020 makes him a wild card, someone could get a steal.

Like the draft overall as well.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Do you want fields to start day one? LOL
Originally posted by hummbabybear:
I like the trade up for Justin Fields. I think he is the most likely outcome if the 49ers move up and I think he will be able to work under center fairly quickly. I think 49ers will hold on to JimmyG though for at least one transition year. Patriots also probably not wanting to give up much for him, so we'll see.

I agree with HBB. In this scenario, I would much rather hold on to Jimmy G instead of trading him. The transition year would be so much better for Fields if he didn't have to start right away. After that, your picks are just OK. Would like either Davis or Meinerz, but not both. LeCounte is coming off an injury but could be a nice chess piece in the secondary. Like Snowden as a backup LB/Edge.
Share 49ersWebzone