LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 219 users in the forums

First 11 Picks - What would you do at 12?

1. Jaguars - Trevor Lawrence, QB
2. Jets - Zach Wilson, QB
3. Texans - Justin Fields, QB (Dolphins trade for Watson)
4. Falcons - Trey Lance, QB
5. Bengals - Penei Sewell
6. Eagles - Kyle Pitts, TE
7. Lions - DeVonta Smith, WR
8. Panthers - Patrick Surtain, CB
9. Broncos - Micah Parsons, LB
10. Cowboys - Caleb Farley, CB
11. Giants - Jaylen Waddle, WR
Possible Picks:
- Jaycee Horn, CB. Obvious need in the secondary with all the free agents.
- Rawshawn Slater, OG if 49ers resign Trent Williams. McGlinchey & Tomlinson are free agents next year, so this pick makes sense on a number of levels since he can play inside and outside.
- Gregory Rousseau, Edge. Dee Ford can't stay healthy. Blair and Hyder are free agents. Bosa coming back from injury.
- Kwity Paye, Edge. Same as above
- Mac Jones, QB. Fits the Shanahan system but no real "wow' factor.
- Ja'Marr Chase, WR. I have Chase with a Michael Crabtree-like draft day drop. Do we go value with a WR at 12?

Who would you pick?
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Feb 21, 2021 at 8:27 AM ]
Jaycee Horn, CB. Obvious need in the secondary with all the free agents.
* I would want to trade down to take him, taking a CB here means you better have a plan for RG either FA or day 2

- Rawshawn Slater, OG if 49ers resign Trent Williams. McGlinchey & Tomlinson are free agents next year, so this pick makes sense on a number of levels since he can play inside and outside.
* I would take Slater but I think he goes top 10

- Gregory Rousseau, Edge. Dee Ford can't stay healthy. Blair and Hyder are free agents. Bosa coming back from injury.
*not opposed to edge but there are better fits like Ojulari

* don't think they will take a QB here, not mobile enough for me

- Ja'Marr Chase, WR. I have Chase with a Michael Crabtree-like draft day drop. Do we go value with a WR at 12?
* don't think he will slide but the other WRs will. I would take him but not over Slater
Trade down and draft Alijah Vera-Tucker. He was an all American at both guard and tackle. If McGlinchey is not resigned next yr, you have a 1st rd pick to draft a RT or more money in free agency. Picking up an additional pick while drafting a starter on the OL would ne ideal. Of the options that you have listed, Slater would make the most sense. I wouldn't take him at 12 but he makes the most sense of the options.
I'm concerned about the secondary. Niners are losing sherman ave williams and possibly verret. What the hell is the plan.
Trade down and take Ojulari, Horn, or Phillips.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
I'm concerned about the secondary. Niners are losing sherman ave williams and possibly verret. What the hell is the plan.

Trade down to add an additional pick. Plenty of CBs and safeties in 2nd or 3rd rd. Some cap casualties with experience should come inexpensive. Gonna be a new secondary.
We need a QB. Mac Jones is not my preference over Fields/Wilson but I dont dislike him and we need one of the top 5 qbs on this roster.

if not going QB, trade down a few slots and draft Ojulari. Make sure to resign Verrett and then draft Newsome II in the 2nd round. Then go with the Ohio State C in the 3rd and best G available with next pick.
Slater. Day one starter.. Everyone complains about the OL and how it hampers JG. Well fix it and find out if that's true. No harm in building a dominant OL even if JG doesn't work out. Sign Mack and Trent. Williams+Slater+Mack=no excuses.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Feb 21, 2021 at 7:06 PM ]
If Mac Jones was there I would take him at 12, or if you could drop down and still get Jones, go that route. I think once Jones is secured then you could trade Jimmy or hold him for a year and let Jones absorb the system without rushing him. I think that Jones could be Jimmys number 1 back up in case he had health issues.
Take Mac Jones at #12. Trade Jimmy to the Patriots for a 3rd. Use that extra $24M and 3rd round pick to help rebuild the offensive line and secondary

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
* I would want to trade down to take him, taking a CB here means you better have a plan for RG either FA or day 2

* don't think he will slide but the other WRs will. I would take him but not over Slater

I think Mac Jones will become more mobile once he gets into a NFL training program. I think this is his biggest room for improvement.

Slater is probably my #2 behind Jones, because I think Tomlinson is gone next year and we still have a gapping hole at RG that Shanahan keeps trying to fill with journeyman. However, I think we pick up McGlinchey's 5th year option.
Best available Edge or OL period.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

I think Mac Jones will become more mobile once he gets into a NFL training program. I think this is his biggest room for improvement.

Slater is probably my #2 behind Jones, because I think Tomlinson is gone next year and we still have a gapping hole at RG that Shanahan keeps trying to fill with journeyman. However, I think we pick up McGlinchey's 5th year option.

We could easily go 2 oline, no real complaints about taking Jones from me I just don't think they will, I really like taking guard, edge then OT and carpet bombing the later rounds for DBs (like 3-4 of them) because we need at least a backup outside CB, a backup or starting slot CB, a backup or starting SS and possibly a FS backup
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Slater. Day one starter.. Everyone complains about the OL and how it hampers JG. Well fix it and find out if that's true. No harm in building a dominant OL even if JG doesn't work out. Sign Mack and Trent. Williams+Slater+Mack=no excuses.

yep.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

We could easily go 2 oline, no real complaints about taking Jones from me I just don't think they will, I really like taking guard, edge then OT and carpet bombing the later rounds for DBs (like 3-4 of them) because we need at least a backup outside CB, a backup or starting slot CB, a backup or starting SS and possibly a FS backup

Yeah as much of a Jones Fan, I doubt they pull that trigger. Rebuilding that O-line should be top priority and secondary second. I like the FO's ability to find talent in the mid-late rounds so wouldnt mind a carpet bomb of CBs and Safeties
Share 49ersWebzone