LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

2021 draft analysts mock drafts

We're starting to get into the thick of mock draft season I wanted to make a thread where we can discuss and see a variety of mocks. (if this thread already exists please merge).

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2021 first-round pick (No. 12 overall)
2022 second-round pick

San Francisco 49ers receive:
2021 first-round pick (No. 23 overall)
QB Sam Darnold

23. San Francisco 49ers (via NYJ) — Kwity Paye, Edge, Michigan

San Francisco was able to address the quarterback position without completely dropping out of the first round. And with Paye still on the board, the 49ers add a player they might have considered if they stayed at No. 12. Although he is still a work-in-progress, Paye has the athletic traits and energy to be equally productive vs. the pass and the run.

1st QB Trey Lance, NDST
2nd CB Tyson Campbell, Georgia
4th IOL Jack Anderson, Texas Tech
5th EDGE Chris Rumph II, Duke
5th DL Ta'Quon Graham, Texas
6th WR Jonathan Adams, Arkansas State
7th S Aashari Crosswell, Arizona State
7th RB Rakeem Boyd, Arkansas
Originally posted by NYniner85:

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2022 second-round pick

QB Sam Darnold

San Francisco was able to address the quarterback position without completely dropping out of the first round. And with Paye still on the board, the 49ers add a player they might have considered if they stayed at No. 12. Although he is still a work-in-progress, Paye has the athletic traits and energy to be equally productive vs. the pass and the run.

That's interesting, I wouldn't do it, but a different take.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2022 second-round pick

QB Sam Darnold

I wouldn't be angry at it, I wouldn't really be thrilled either. I just feel like we have 4 QBs that can be legitimate FQBs with this roster/coaching staff. I'd rather make a play at that. I like Paye. I wonder what we would get in trade for Jimmy?

Sam has his moments and it's hard to say if he's just been in a trash situation or is just not good.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

12. ***TRADE***

New York Jets receive:
2022 second-round pick

QB Sam Darnold

I wouldn't trade down with the jets AND give them the 2nd round pick to get Darnold. That's really retarded.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I wouldn't trade down with the jets AND give them the 2nd round pick to get Darnold. That's really retarded.

basically giving up 2 2nds. I wouldn't throw the 2022 2nd in there either.
I can see where they are coming from. Essentially drafting Sam Darnold as your 2nd rounder. I'd maybe give up the 3rd round pick instead.

1. Kwity Paye
2. Sam Darnold

If you want to bring in competition for Jimmy this is one of the ways you could go. You'd also be solving the backup QB spot. However the question would be, what about a guy like Mitch Trubisky? He is a free agent and you wouldnt be giving up a draft pick? Is Darnold that much better than Mitch? I dunno.

Still this scenerio doesnt solve address 2 biggest issues: interior Oline or CB
That would be too much for a guy seeing ghosts. Would rather trade down with Washington or Chicago and pick up a 2nd rd pick. If this trade does happen, why not pick Collins from Tulsa. He is good at pass rush and dropping back.
Share 49ersWebzone