LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 350 users in the forums

Wilson Mock

Just a quick look at what I think we could do to push this team to the next level.

Like most have posted, Ritchburg and Ford are gone to free up need dollars

I think we sign most of our FA's: Juice, Verrett, Williams, Brunskill, Hyder, Moseley, CJ, Willis, Grasu, Rosen and Harris - most our better options and probably cheaper than trying to restock roster from the outside.

I think Williams leaves so we pick up Mack - will be cheaper and solidify interior.

Trade with our buddy Saleh and the Jets = they need a ton of talent and I think they stick with Darnold so QB is not on their draft board for RD 1. We offer our rd 1 (12) + 2nd (43) + 5th (138) and next years 1st and 3rd. Seems like alot to give up but we have 2 extra 5th's this year and 2 3rd's next year. Jets now have the draft ammo to acquire OL and WR for Darnold to thrive. Plus, Saleh gets a get out of jail first year free card by keeping Darnold and surrounding him with talent as he wasnt his pick, If he doenst make huge improvement with new line and weapons, they move on and trade up next year for a Qb with a more talented OL and WR's.

We can then deal Jimmy to the Washington for their 2020 3rd (74) - Love Alex but he's done with that leg and they have no option at QB at this time. Their team is really solid on D and with Jimmy and a few picks/FA's they can be contenders for years to come in the NFC East.

1 (2) = Zach Wilson (qb) : ideal for Shanny and our O and the sky is the limit for the O.
3(74) = Dillon Radunz (ot)
3 (comp) = Josh Myers (cb)
4(107) = Darren Hall (cb)
5(comp) = Daelin Hayes (edge)
5(comp) = Ar' Darius Washington (fs)
6(169) = Terrance Marable (rb)

No wr's but hoping Hurd can get healthy and if not we resign Bourne.

Hack away!
I like what you did with free agency, except what you did on the offensive line. I am assuming you mean the Niners don't re-sign Trent Williams so that's why you draft Raddunz. It would appear to me that the Niners should just bite the bullet and pay the man his money, because Pro Bowl LT's don't grow on trees. Re-signing Grasu also seems like a stretch if you're keeping Brunskill (current starting C) and signing Alex Mack.

That said, it would be cheaper for the Niners to trade with the Dolphins to get in the top three and get either Fields or Wilson while only trading pick #12 and #44 this year plus their first rounder in 2022, if accepted. I don't know of a CB named Josh Myers in the draft. That's a center from Ohio St. Did you have an actul CB in mind? Getting Wilson would be awesome and solve the QB of the future problem. Like Daelin Hayes as an EDGE rusher and RB Marable late. Decent mock.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I like what you did with free agency, except what you did on the offensive line. I am assuming you mean the Niners don't re-sign Trent Williams so that's why you draft Raddunz. It would appear to me that the Niners should just bite the bullet and pay the man his money, because Pro Bowl LT's don't grow on trees. Re-signing Grasu also seems like a stretch if you're keeping Brunskill (current starting C) and signing Alex Mack.

That said, it would be cheaper for the Niners to trade with the Dolphins to get in the top three and get either Fields or Wilson while only trading pick #12 and #44 this year plus their first rounder in 2022, if accepted. I don't know of a CB named Josh Myers in the draft. That's a center from Ohio St. Did you have an actul CB in mind? Getting Wilson would be awesome and solve the QB of the future problem. Like Daelin Hayes as an EDGE rusher and RB Marable late. Decent mock.

good on the Josh Myers catch, I had him pegged at that spot before I thought of picking up Mack in FA!

I had the Eric Stokes (cb) for that spot

I get the Miami thing with giving up less but I just think they are more set as an organization and now we have a mutual contact with Saleh and the Jets and they need a ton of help if they keep Darnold. They would have 2 1st this year and next year with this trade which would have to be very enticing.

I was thinking of moving Brunskill to a G and keep Grasu as a backup C but see your point.

Trent is gonna want way too much since this is his last shot a FA and dont thing we can give him what he will need and would love it if he came at any sort of reasonable price.

thanks for the remarks!

Its an exciting time with senior bowl, combine in whatever form, FA and draft, and it kinda feels to me like 2 years ago with a sense that we are close to putting together something great again.
Going into a late year in our Super Bowl window with a rookie qb an rookie 3rd rd LT would be debilitating. If we were rebuilding that would work, but the rosters ready to win now an that would almost certainly stop us. At this point it's worth it to overpay an have experience at those positions.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Interesting mock. It's tough to envision the Jets and WFT trades.

Jets - Darnold is now that broken QB. High draft pick, got beat up, inconsistent coaching. It's VERY hard to recover from that. For every Ryan Tannehill, there are 5 Blaine Gabbert / Christian Ponders. I think Saleh has learned from the 49ers mistakes in the 2017 draft. If you have an opportunity to take a franchise QB, you do it. No questions ask. No dependencies on FA being available or mid-season trades.

I could see Darnold being traded to SF or WFT vs. the Jets keeping Darnold as the most likely scenario.

Putting all that aside, I don't think Shanahan walks away from Trent Williams. We make it a priority to resign, especially if we plan to trade up for a new QB. Prospect choices are pretty good in your mock.
I'm lost on ppl not wanting to pay TW but wanna pay a FB 6 million a year.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I'm lost on ppl not wanting to pay TW but wanna pay a FB 6 million a year.

He didn't say he didn't want him, just said he thinks he leaves. Takes two sides to sign a deal, and he may well get a better offer.
I love the trade by the way, most people just come from our side and short change it. I think that's realistic, we may have to give next year's 2 though instead of the 3. I'd still do it (I think) really want this year's 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone