Resigned

Williams
Juice
Hyder
DJ
Verrett
Garland

Trade

Watson and 2022 5th for 2021 1st and 4th, 2022 1st and 3rd ( Saleh pick ) 2023 1st and 4th along with Jimmy G

Restructure

Armstead
Ward

Free Agents

WR Amendola 1 yr
C Mack 1 yr
DE Kerrigan 1 yr
CB Micheal Davis ( biggest signing )

2021 NFL Mock

Rd 2 S out of Oregon Javon Holland

Rd 3 G out of Bama Deonte Brown

Rd 5 CB out of LSU Kary Vincent ( slot )

Rd 5 DE out of K State Wyatt Hubert

Rd 5 LB out of Texas A&M Buddy Johnson

Rd 6 RB out of UCLA Demetric Felton

Rd 7 WR out of Boise state Khalil Shakir

Rd 7 CB out of Kentucky Kelvin Joseph ( prob go higher but he hasn't played much CF )

UDFA

C out of Stanford Drew Dalman
CB out of Duke Mark Gilbert
CB out of The U Al Blades
WR out of CSU Warren Jackson
OT out of SC Dylan Wonnum
DT out of Tulane Cam Sample
QB out of Memphis Brady White
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 17, 2021 at 2:32 PM ]
I wouldn't give up 6 picks and Jimmy G for Watson. I think the Niners can trade 3-4 picks to the Falcons at move up to pick four to land either Fields or Wilson.

That said, I like the Holland, D. Brown, Vincent and Hubert picks. Think you could double up on the Cb position earlier than the last pick. Couple of great targets in FA with W. Jackson and Cam Sample. Nice mock.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I wouldn't give up 6 picks and Jimmy G for Watson. I think the Niners can trade 3-4 picks to the Falcons at move up to pick four to land either Fields or Wilson.

That said, I like the Holland, D. Brown, Vincent and Hubert picks. Think you could double up on the Cb position earlier than the last pick. Couple of great targets in FA with W. Jackson and Cam Sample. Nice mock.

Thanks but honestly you don't know if Fields or Wilson will be a super star like Watson, I'd rather give the 2 extra picks for the sure thing. I'm a huge fan of Wilson too, if Watson isn't traded for I'd love Wilson to be a niner.
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 17, 2021 at 8:59 PM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Why include a 2022 5th round pick? That's so random haha
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

It is lol but normally teams throw in a late pick to go back with all the picks they get
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:

It is lol but normally teams throw in a late pick to go back with all the picks they get

I ain't arguing. I just liked that is all. I'm working on a mock and might do the same

I ain't arguing. I just liked that is all. I'm working on a mock and might do the same

I know, sounds good, definitely take a look when you post it.
So what do you do next year when Watson's contract blows up and becomes 18% of our cap space?

Thanks but honestly you don't know if Fields or Wilson will be a super star like Watson, I'd rather give the 2 extra picks for the sure thing. I'm a huge fan of Wilson too, if Watson isn't traded for I'd love Wilson to be a niner.

I agree on that point. Watson is a legit young superstar. Still, 6 picks and our current starting QB is a really steep price to pay. If three number 1 picks plus Jimmy G aren't enough, then I would move on and let someone else trade their future for Watson.

I agree on that point. Watson is a legit young superstar. Still, 6 picks and our current starting QB is a really steep price to pay. If three number 1 picks plus Jimmy G aren't enough, then I would move on and let someone else trade their future for Watson.

It's five picks, since he has Houston sending back a pick, but I think it's worth it. Miami with their two first round picks this year will be able to offer a better package, so 49ers will have to beat them out. Houston might prefer an experienced JimmyG over Tua, though, so that is in the 49ers favor. Also, Miami has more options with the #3 pick, so they might be more inclined to pick Fields or Wilson or pick the OT. But I think we will have to overpay to beat out Miami.

Houston will want first rounders so I was thinking:
Houston receives: JimmyG, 2021 1st & 2nd rounders, 2022 1st & 2nd rounders, 2023 1st rounder
49ers receive; Watson & maybe Houston sends back a later round pick.

p.s. Kary Vincent looks like he could replace KWilliiams...hope he is there is the middle rounds.
[ Edited by hummbabybear on Jan 18, 2021 at 10:05 AM ]

Originally posted by stonecold590:
So what do you do next year when Watson's contract blows up and becomes 18% of our cap space?

The cap should also blow up so his hit will be prob around 10% of it, why don't ppl get the cap is going to go up a lot in the upcoming years. I'm sure.

The cap should also blow up so his hit will be prob around 10% of it, why don't ppl get the cap is going to go up a lot in the upcoming years. I'm sure.

10% ??? You expect the cap to go up to be 350 million in 2022?
His base salary for 2022 is $35 mill.
I like Watson but to give up the draft capital needed and then to pay him what his contract demands after 2021 is nuts. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-21753/

I like Watson but to give up the draft capital needed and then to pay him what his contract demands after 2021 is nuts. https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/deshaun-watson-21753/

Idk % wise but I do know Paraag will figure it out at the end.
Love it. Mortgage our future and blow up the team.

Idk % wise but I do know Paraag will figure it out at the end.

Right just like all the other teams with FQB do. Just give them Jimmy G and 3 1sts and maybe one 2nd rounder and that should be enough. Who do we have behind Mack. Still would need to get a center to develop fo the long run. and what level is Mack still playing at?

Like the picks you made. I can live with this .
Share 49ersWebzone