There are 88 users in the forums

Trade up VS Trade down mock in PFN simulator

Trade up VS Trade down mock in PFN simulator

So we know our draft slot now, #12, great spot for a WR/OL but not for a QB... We have a lot of FA's and not a lot of cap room so we've got to make some decisions with regard to keeping our defense running smooth both up front and on the back end. We need an upgrade at OC/RG and slot WR, and clearly QB is a huge question mark. We must resign Trent Williams and Juice, hopefully K'waun Williams, Jason Verrett, DJ Jones, and Kerry Hyder too. But money will be tight unless we trade Jimmy or rework his deal and several others.

Here are two scenarios using PFN's simulator that lets you make trades, semi realistic but I know some of these players seem to fall a bit more than I think... for the QB's I think its fair spots. I just want to get an idea how people on here feel about the two potential outcomes as far as how our final roster would look overall for the cost of a trade up.

OPTION 1: TRADE UP
49ers trade picks #12 (1st) and #43 (2nd) in the 2021 draft and 1st round pick in 2022 draft to Miami for the 3rd pick in the 2021 draft.

3. Zach Wilson, QB, BYU
107. Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee
138. Alec Lindstrom, OC, Boston College
156. Josh Jobe, CB, Alabama
169. Deommodore Lenoir, CB, Oregon
192. Jaelon Darden, WR, Texas
202. Marco Wilson, CB, Florida

OPTION 2: TRADE DOWN
49ers trade pick #12 to Washington for picks #19 and #51
49ers trade pick #43 to Buffalo for picks #62 and #93
49ers trade pick #51 to KC for picks #64 and #95
49ers trade pick #64 to Arizona for picks #79 and #143

19. Mac Jones, QB, Alabama
62. Creed Humphrey, OC, Oklahoma
79. Quincy Roche, EDGE, Miami
93. Myjai Sanders, EDGE, Cincinnati
95. Kary Vincent Jr., CB, LSU
107. Divine Deablo, S, Virginia Tech
138. Ambry Thomas, CB, Michigan
143. Ben Cleveland, OG, Georgia
156. Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas
169. Tyler Vrabel, OT, Boston College
192. Marco Wilson, CB, Florida
202. Tommy Kraemer, OG, Notre Dame

So obviously we address the QB position with two very good prospects, only difference is we land a much better OC, Edge help, more OG/OT depth, and a safety prospect with the trade down.

Again, I know some of these prospects will go higher potentially but this is just a fun exercise to see what our options could be with both situations.
Not apples to apples because you have us making 99 trades

Should've have done just a 1 time trade down.

Then also if we stay put option #3
[ Edited by krizay on Jan 4, 2021 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
Not apples to apples because you have us making 99 trades

Should've have done just a 1 time trade down.

Then also if we stay put option #3

Right...way too many trade downs to realistically compare this
Ok I'll re-do and keep it to one trade down.... I just love the 2-5th round in this draft
All I know is that turning pick 51 into 79, 95, and 143 would piss me off
Originally posted by krizay:
Not apples to apples because you have us making 99 trades

Should've have done just a 1 time trade down.

Then also if we stay put option #3

I have done at least one sim a day using the PFN Mock Draft Simulator and here's what I've found. In most of the sims, standing pat could lead to either Z. Wilson or Trey Lance potentially falling to their #12 spot. Lawrence or Fields never make it past pick #7. PFN has Mac Jones rated as their #51 prospect in the draft. Very rarely does this sim have a team pull a NY Giants/Daniel Jones thing and take Jones (or Trask for that matter) in the first round. If the Niners trade up, they likely could make it as high as #4 which would guarantee them one of the top QB's. If the Niners trade down, I agree with you they do it once to replace the 3rd round pick for T. Williams.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jan 5, 2021 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
All I know is that turning pick 51 into 79, 95, and 143 would piss me off

Yeah I get that, I just really like a lot of the mid round guys to fill our holes... this really depends on if we keep Jimmy or not and how many DB's we resign
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
I have done at least one sim a day using the PFN Mock Draft Simulator and here's what I've found. In most of the sims, standing pat could lead to either Z. Wilson or Trey Lance potentially falling to their #12 spot. Lawrence or Fields never make it past pick #7. PFN has Mac Jones rated as their #51 prospect in the draft. Very rarely does this sim have a team pull a NY Giants/Daniel Jones thing and take Jones (or Trask for that matter) in the first round. If the Niners trade up, they likely could make it as high as #4 which would guarantee them one of the top QB's. If the Niners trade down, I agree with you they do it once to replace the 3rd round pick for T. Williams.

Yeah I agree, some of their values don't make sense, no way Jones makes it to the late 2nd or 3rd round, same with some of the OC/OG they have available in the 4th round.

Thats why I took Jones in the 1st because that's where he's going to go, too many teams will be looking to draft a QB.
[ Edited by irishluder on Jan 5, 2021 at 11:51 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone