LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

MBA's 2021 Mock Draft Ver 1.0 Mid 2020 Hellscape edition

I know it's early but Niners will need to replenish and replace a bunch of roster spots with younger and cheaper talent due to the flat cap. Consider this a wish list of the types of players I think the Niners will need to take to get back into contention right away. Know that getting a QB may be a pipe dream at #31, but this is based on the PFN Draft Simulator as of today.

*Note that the Niners are picking #31 in this situation because they traded down for two picks with the Jets. The Jets traded up for Jaylen Waddle at #15.

31. Zach Wilson QB BYU - Heir apparent to Jimmy G

46. Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina - Run and chase LB to replace Kwon

65. Hamilcar Rashed Jr. EDGE Oregon State - Edge to replace Ford opposite Bosa

77. Derion Kendrick CB Clemson - Need to replace Sherman at some point

110. Alec Lindstrom OC Boston College - Have to fill the hole in the middle of the offensive line
Video not available

Pros from the Draft Network
He's a technician with power. Notable strength in his core to absorb power, redirect and remain in control. Has a finishers mentality and he looks to put dudes on their back. Does well to unlock his hips in drive block situations and create movement. Highly successful combo blocking and climbing to the second level with consistency. Generally does well to play within himself and not waste-bend or end up on the ground. Has good functional athleticism and range. Tape is littered with impact blocks in the screen game. Packs a fairly powerful punch and he is committed to fitting his hands - no notable timing or placement concerns.

142. Alaric Jackson OT Iowa - Projected to move inside in the NFL

153. Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue - Good athlete and penetrator at DT

174. T.J. Carter CB Memphis - Need more than one new CB to replace K'Waun and Witherspoon

192. Marquez Stevenson WR Houston - Versatile weapon, KR, WR and Jet Sweeps

206. Tarron Jackson EDGE Coastal Carolina - Sleeper edge late
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 7, 2020 at 11:16 AM ]
I'd bet Wilson doesn't get past pick 7 let alone 31. I like the players you have though.
Love it but like Water said no way Wilson makes it to 31, more realistic would be Jones or Trask, and idk if I'd go LB so early considering the niners are great at seeing talent at that position in the later rounds, but Surratt is a great prospect.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Love it but like Water said no way Wilson makes it to 31, more realistic would be Jones or Trask, and idk if I'd go LB so early considering the niners are great at seeing talent at that position in the later rounds, but Surratt is a great prospect.

I like Surratt because he can run and cover, but can also rush the passer. The Niners need a SLB to replace Nzeocha who is only good as a special teamer. My mid to late round pick at LB would be Kuony Deng LB from Cal 6'5" 235 lbs. See Below:

Deng's 2021 NFL Draft outlook
Deng has a wild physical profile and frame. There are simply not many guys at linebacker right now that possess the range, explosiveness, length, fluidity, and strength that Deng does. That alone will make him a highly coveted prospect among NFL teams.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I like Surratt because he can run and cover, but can also rush the passer. The Niners need a SLB to replace Nzeocha who is only good as a special teamer. My mid to late round pick at LB would be Kuony Deng LB from Cal 6'5" 235 lbs. See Below:

Deng's 2021 NFL Draft outlook
Deng has a wild physical profile and frame. There are simply not many guys at linebacker right now that possess the range, explosiveness, length, fluidity, and strength that Deng does. That alone will make him a highly coveted prospect among NFL teams.

Nice, I definitely have to watch more of him, I like KJ Britt from Auburn and Buddy Johnson A & M
Well there's zero chance we're drafting 31...I would use this

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl
Originally posted by NYniner85:

That's because of a trade down with the NY Jets for their 2nd first round pick and another pick. In the simulation I did, the Jets moved up for Jaylen Waddle at number 15.

That's because of a trade down with the NY Jets for their 2nd first round pick and another pick. In the simulation I did, the Jets moved up for Jaylen Waddle at number 15.

Yeah, but like the other posters said unlikely Wilson will be available, so we won't be trading down.
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Yeah, but like the other posters said unlikely Wilson will be available, so we won't be trading down.

The trend seems to be heading toward most of the top QB's going in the top 10, even though the rankings have only 3 (Lawrence, Fields and Lance) as first round talents as of now. Wilson may go before Lance at this point if the hype continues to build and he competes for the Heisman. Lance opted out and that may lead him to drop to us at #15, which wouldn't be the worst thing.
This draft would be even better. Done on The Draft Network simulator with no trades 11-13-20

15. Trey Lance
QB, North Dakota State

47. Trey Smith
IOL, Tennessee

116. James Wiggins
S, Cincinnati

155. T.J. Carter
CB, Memphis

171. Malcolm Koonce
EDGE, Buffalo

176. Amari Rodgers
WR, Clemson

192. Tyler Linderbaum
IOL, Iowa

222. Chris Wilcox
CB, BYU

236. Tarron Jackson
EDGE, Coastal Carolina

QB of the future, 2 IOL studs, a replacement for Tartt at SS, 2 EDGE rushers opposite Bosa, 2 CB's with size and talent and a WR whose built like a WR like Deebo.

Your thoughts.

Share 49ersWebzone