There are 189 users in the forums

First, Way Too Early, 2021 Mock Draft

It's early so I only know players that have flashed to me when watching last years games, or that have been brought to my attention through different forums, websites, or twitter. If these prospects are already on my radar, that probably means my valuation of them will be much too low by the time the draft comes around, but for now, a man can dream. Keep your eyes on these players this upcoming CFB season!

Free Agency:
Aldon Smith, DE:
Gotta start with a bang. I believe that Aldon, while not the HOF player he was destined to be, finally has his head on straight and can still be productive. He will have a good enough season in Dallas to show the Niners that he can be a starter in this league, but not enough to make teams forget about this previous transgressions, thus keeping his price reasonable. If he just becomes a complete shell of himself, then I am aiming for:

Carl Lawson, DE:
Loved him coming out of college, and loved him in his rookie year. He's had a hard time shaking the injury bug, but his presence when on the field is definitely felt. Perhaps having him as a part of a health rotation can keep him available, and at a much lower price point than Dee Ford.

Trades:
Dee Ford for a 2021 2nd Round Pick
Dee Ford is going to stay healthy, and have 14 sacks in a Superbowl winning season. He will then be replaced by Aldon Smith or Carl Lawson (or Joey Bosa!!!), traded for a second round pick, and his next teams responsibility to pay 16 million to as he potentially spends the year injured as he seems to do every odd year.

Nick Mullens for a 2021 3rd Round Pick
He is actually traded much earlier, at the end of training camp before the 2020 season. While he is the second best QB on the roster, we fill good enough about Jimmy, Beathard, and UDFA Broc Rutter to not pass on such good trade value. Since we won the superbowl behind a healthy Jimmy G, it seems to have been the correct move thus far.

Dante Pettis for Josh Jackson
I don't care if it happens now, or before next season, but I think it can be a good move.

Picks:
We have our own picks in rounds 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. Our 3rd round pick was traded during the 2020 NFL draft for left tackle Trent Williams. We added an additional 2nd (Dee Ford), 3rd (Nick Mullens), and 5th (Emmanuel Sanders compensatory pick), leaving us with picks in rounds 1,2,2,3,4,5,5,6,7.

2021 NFL Draft:

Round 1: Shaun Wade, CB | Ohio State

Round 2: Pat Freiermuth, TE | Penn State

Round 2: Tyreke Smith, DE | Ohio State

Round 3: Max Borghi, RB | Washington State

Round 4: Alaric Jackson, OL | Iowa

Round 5: Ambry Thomas, CB | Michigan

Round 5: Brandon Kennedy, C | Tennessee

Round 6: Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR | Iowa
Ihmir Smith-Marsette || Iowa Hawkeyes Wide Receiver & Kick Returner || 2019 Highlights

Round 7: Dunno...S? DT? PK?

QB: Jimmy Garappolo
RB: Raheem Mostert, Max Borghi
FB: Kyle Juszczyck
OL: Trent Williams, Alaric Jackson, Weston Richburg, Daniel Brunskill, Mike McGlinchey, Colton McKivitz, Brandon Kennedy
WR: Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Ihmir Smith-Marsette, Jalen Hurd, Kendrick Bourne
TE: George Kittle, Pat Freiermuth, Charlie Woerner

DL: Aldon Smith, Arik Armstead, Javon Kinlaw, Nick Bosa, DJ Jones, Tyreke Smith, Ronald Blair, Julian Taylor
LB: Kwon Alexander, Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw
CB: Emmanuel Moseley, Josh Jackson, Shaun Wade, Ambry Thomas
S: Jacquiski Tartt, Jimmie Ward, Tarvarious Moore
  • krizay
  • Veteran
So no Carl Lawson on the depth chart?
Originally posted by krizay:

It's an either/or between him and aldon
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by krizay: