LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Final 2019 mock draft NYniner85

One week away!

Like always, I will be using CBS' big board and this mock is based off who we've visited with (seemed interested in), scheme fit, and NEED.

2nd: Nick Bosa EDGE OSU- Not much to say here, need meets BPA...he's a stud and helps our DL go to top 5 in the league. Let's Gooo!

36th: N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St- They could go in a lot of directions here, BUT I think WR is a safe bet with this pick. I think out of my top 3 WRs, he has the safest bet of being here. Big body contested catcher, can play inside or out, and great at getting YAC. Yeah buddy!

TRADE* We move down in the 3rd with GB. We get their 2nd 4th (118) and we swap 6th.

75th: Mecole Hardman WR Georgia- This is my wild card pick. We haven't met with him, but man he's fast as f**k. He's a 5 star recruit (2nd WR in the nation in 2016). He can be used all over the field. Just another weapon for kyle.

104th: Marquise Blair S Utah- I wouldn't be shocked if we pass on S all together. I also think guys like Thornhill and Savage are going higher then people think. Blair hits like a LBer and has range like a FS. I think he's kinda what we wanted Ward to be.

118th: (GB pick) Bobby Okereke LBer Stanford- Lynch get's his one Stanford player. I like his coverage ability and length. He's not a thumper, but will help give us a good rotation of guys.

185th: Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison- I like this kid. He's got uber ball-skills (18 INTs in 4 yrs). We brought him in for a PV workout and coached him at the SB. I think he ends up going higher than this, but I'm using the CBS big board.

212nd: Alex Bars OG Notre Dame- I've had him mocked here for a while. Best pulling OG in the draft, but had a bad knee injury. IF healthy he would be a starting OG for us in 2020.

UDFAs:

Derreck Thomas CB Baylor
Brandon Hitner OT Villanova

what ya guys think?
Would be a great draft. I think your dead on with Bosa, Moreland, and Bars as players they go after. I think there is going to be a logjam of WR to chose from at that 36th pick. I'm fine with most of them, Harry included, but Brown and Campbell are my favorites. Wouldn't be surprised if they went with 2 WRs like you have or WR/TE. I think all the positions (S,LB,WR2,CB) you addressed are ones of need and could interchange multiple prospects there. However there is no substitute for Bosa.
We aren't taking anyone called "Hitner". Not happening!
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Would be a great draft. I think your dead on with Bosa, Moreland, and Bars as players they go after. I think there is going to be a logjam of WR to chose from at that 36th pick. I'm fine with most of them, Harry included, but Brown and Campbell are my favorites. Wouldn't be surprised if they went with 2 WRs like you have or WR/TE. I think all the positions (S,LB,WR2,CB) you addressed are ones of need and could interchange multiple prospects there. However there is no substitute for Bosa.

Thank man! Yeah if Bosa is there, he's the pick imo. If he's not there then take this mock and throw it in the trash lol.

Yeah I have Harry as my WR3, I want AJB I'm just not sure he's there at 36. I'm not a huge fan of Campbell.

One week
Originally posted by English:
We aren't taking anyone called "Hitner". Not happening!

Lol, well we did work him out
I like Blair. He had a decent Senior Bowl week. I still think we'll take Deebo at #36, but I'm high on Harry too. Strong mock.
Why would you draft Harry at 36? Terrible pick.
Man that 36th pick is such a wildcard. I believe were getting a wr, the question is who?

I'm hoping its AJ brown but I like harry as well.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

2nd: Nick Bosa EDGE OSU-
36th: N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St-
75th: Mecole Hardman WR Georgia
104th: Marquise Blair S Utah
118th: Bobby Okereke LBer Stanford
185th: Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison
212nd: Alex Bars OG Notre Dame

This mock really shows your understanding of our team needs. Bosa...duh. But Harry gives you that true Z that helps bring balance to the whole receiving group. Hardman gives Kyle not only another weapon but insurance if Goodwin goes down. Like Kyle said at the end of last year; there were too many guys comfortable and adding another FS in Blair to that group helps turn up the heat. Looking at draft visits, LB is an interest esp. if Kwon isn't 100% ready and with an early bye-week target, why rush? Reed had surgery and Williams has been in-out, up-down so adding Moreland is a good move here. Bars tore both his ACL/MCL in late September. Will he check out? If so, he could be a reserve late and challenger in 2020.

If I could find any criticism it's the lack of focus on OL and ST. I'm assuming you have other plans there. Nicely done NY.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 18, 2019 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Why would you draft Harry at 36? Terrible pick.

Originally posted by John_Candy:
I like Blair. He had a decent Senior Bowl week. I still think we'll take Deebo at #36, but I'm high on Harry too. Strong mock.

Oh I'm down for one of Deebo/Harry/AJB anyone would be awesome with me
Originally posted by NCommand:

2nd: Nick Bosa EDGE OSU-
36th: N'Keal Harry WR Arizona St-
75th: Mecole Hardman WR Georgia
104th: Marquise Blair S Utah
118th: Bobby Okereke LBer Stanford
185th: Jimmy Moreland CB James Madison
212nd: Alex Bars OG Notre Dame

This mock really shows your understanding of our team needs. Bosa...duh. But Harry gives you that true Z that helps bring balance to the whole receiving group. Hardman gives Kyle not only another weapon but insurance if Goodwin goes down. Like Kyle said at the end of last year; there were too many guys comfortable and adding another FS in Blair to that group helps turn up the heat. Looking at draft visits, LB is an interest esp. if Kwon isn't 100% ready and with an early bye-week target, why rush? Reed had surgery and Williams has been in-out, up-down so adding Moreland is a good move here. Bars tore both his ACL/MCL in late September. Will he check out? If so, he could be a reserve late and challenger in 2020.

If I could find any criticism it's the lack of focus on OL and ST. I'm assuming you have other plans there. Nicely done NY.

Thanks my man.

I looked at the OL how Kyle thinks he's got his starters this yr...he wants continuity.

I know you want OL upgrades, but I just don't see it happening this yr.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Man that 36th pick is such a wildcard. I believe were getting a wr, the question is who?

If AJB is there he should be the pick...not sure if he will be.

If AJB is there he should be the pick...not sure if he will be.

I don't think he is either so i'm cool with someone like harry or deebo.
I don't think he is either so i'm cool with someone like harry or deebo.

Yup I'll be pumped with one of AJB/Deebo or harry.
Share 49ersWebzone