LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 297 users in the forums

2019 NCommand's Mock Draft

2019 Pre-Draft Player Connections Breakdown:
Position - Total / Projected Round Ranges (# Projected to go in Rounds 1 & 2)
WR/TE- 21 / 1-5, 7 (9)
ER - 10 / 1-3, 7 (6)
S - 6 / 1 & 4 (1)
DT - 4 / 1, 3 & 5 (1)
CB - 8 / 2 & 7 (1)
LB - 14 / 3-5 & 7 (0)
FB/RB- 4 / 3 (0)
OL - 4 / UDFA (0)
P/PK/LS - 4 / UDFA (0)
QB - 1 / UDFA (0)

Order of Importance Based on Visits: WR/TE, ER, S, DT, CB, LB, RB/FB, OL, ST, QB

Team Needs: ER, OL, ZWR/TE2, FS, WILL, ST

---------------------------

Trade back with Washington from 36 plus 176 and receive 46 and 76.

Reference: MadDog & Ledyard

2019 Draft Picks:
Round 1; Pick 2 - *Nick Bosa, ER
Best edge rusher AND player in this draft.

Round 2; Pick 46 - Dalton Risner RG/RT
Has a lot of the proper tools for zone schemes, but needs to improve footwork and gain more ground to scoop his opponent on the first step. Ran mostly inside zone and gap/power principles at Kansas State

Round 3; Pick 67 - Kelvin Harmon ZWR
Routes - Strong vertical push out of his release opens things up underneath. Good ability to sink his hips and change directions smoothly for his size. Wins with physicality in the contact window to create leverage. Does well to attack coverage with good timing to find space. Runs every route with great effort, even if the ball isn't coming his way.

Hands - Strong hands to pluck and squeeze the football tightly away from his frame. Performs well in contested situations and regularly holds on through contact. Rarely double catches or allows the football to come into his frame.

Ball Skills - Picks up the ball early in its flight path and knows how to adjust to its trajectory. Attacks the football with an alpha mentality and positions his frame to win at the catch point.

Release - Fluid out of his stance into his stem.

Blocking - Dominant. Prides himself in getting his work done. Knows how to square up, punch, leverage his hips and secure his base to sustain blocks. Actively seeks work and creates space for his teammates.

Play Strength - Has dominant play strength that he showcases as a runner, blocker, in the contact window and at the catch point. Plays a physical style of football and assertively challenges his opponents. Not may corners can match his power.

Versatility - Has the ability to attack any level of the filed as a boundary receiver. Provides tremendous value as a blocker. By year three, Harmon has the upside to be relied upon as a true No. 1 receiver that keeps the chains moving, hits big plays and thrives in the redzone.

Round 3; Pick 76 - Amani Hooker FS
Zone Coverage Skills - Quick and nimble in between zones and shows wonderful anticipation.

Ball Skills - Ball hawk. Peripheral vision allows for the minor adjustments on the fly to feel routes developing and begin his creep into the catch point, which helps boost impact and marginalize his lack of a true elite explosive first step.

Versatility - ...but an admirable fit for C-3 heavy teams.

Round 4; Pick 104 - Te'von Coney, MIKE

Round 6; Pick 176 - Alex Bars, G

Round 6; Pick 212 - Matt Gray, PK

* Connected with pre-draft

Rationale:
Knowing teams will have all night to strategize for the run at the top of the second, we cash in on a trade back and still fill our needs with quality with 3-4 starters.

Bosa gives you everything you need esp. for this DL and scheme. Risner gives you an immediate starter at RG with potential to move out to RT after a year of familiarity in this scheme. Harmon gives us a prototypical ZWR with big upside and Hooker will compete at FS. Coney gives us depth at MIKE. Gray is a starting PK and Bars is a reserve RG as a challenger for next year.

The overarching idea here is that once you get your ER, OL becomes the premium need as Person was signed to a backup $ contract coupled with his age (31), Staley (35) and Richburg coming off two surgeries and Tomlinson with an MCL tear. 125 QB hits and 48 sacks and 25th in run stuffs (boom or bust running game). Another angle is ZWR and FS is deep this year and after the two blue chip players go (Bosa and Q.Williams), the strength of the draft is 2-4 rounds.

With Kyle, you can take a bigger-bodied raw and less refined ZWR later and he'll coach him up and learn from Matthews. Or Kyle could go with a great pass catching TE2 and use him in a similar fashion to create mismatches...run or pass out of a 2-TE set, line one out at Z, in the slot, in the backfield, etc.
[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 25, 2019 at 6:35 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I like it a lot NC. Not sure Risner will be there at 36 let alone 46, but if he is I'd be stoked. Personally I like Riley Ridley as a player more than Harmon. Would be stoked on this though. Nice job
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
I like it a lot NC. Not sure Risner will be there at 36 let alone 46, but if he is I'd be stoked. Personally I like Riley Ridley as a player more than Harmon. Would be stoked on this though. Nice job

Thanks man, really appreciate that. Yeah, using MadDogs board. I trust that dude. I like Ridley too but for the XWR. We have a number of those guys. We need a true ZWR badly.
Bosa, Risner and Bars! Total win. To be honest I would take Risner with 36 and not risk losing him. But then I would miss out on Hooker. Nice mock.
Originally posted by English:
Bosa, Risner and Bars! Total win. To be honest I would take Risner with 36 and not risk losing him. But then I would miss out on Hooker. Nice mock.

Thanks brother. Yeah, I'd have zero issues taking him at 36 myself. Why risk it? But if they are confident an OL, WR or S will be there 10 spots later, cash in on a trade if you can get one. I have a feeling the run on WR's starts there after a night of FO's getting panicky for their guy.
Zero wrong with this mock.

Gonna have tons of different opinions on that WR position.
Bosa, Risner, and Harmon. Works for me.
Great mock...I don't have faith that Risner makes it that far though.
Potentially 4 starters would be a great draft. I don't know enough about Harmon to have an opinion.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Potentially 4 starters would be a great draft. I don't know enough about Harmon to have an opinion.

Here's a great thread on him: https://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/191703-kelvin-harmon-wr-nc-state/search=Harmon
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Great mock...I don't have faith that Risner makes it that far though.

That's my biggest concern for sure.
Would be VERY happy with that haul.
Originally posted by genus49:
Would be VERY happy with that haul.

[ Edited by NCommand on Apr 21, 2019 at 8:30 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone