There are 159 users in the forums

Dynasty mock draft 1.0 for 2019

With less than 2 weeks to go before the real draft, here is my mock draft based on what I think and hope the 49ers do come draft days.

ROUND ONE

1. Arizona takes Kyler Murray, QB
This is the first time in many drafts where there have been so many people (draft experts) split on what the first pick will be. I believe that the combo of Murray and Kingsbury is what the Cardinals want. They trade Rosen on draft day.

2. San Francisco takes Nick Bosa, EDGE
This is the best player in the draft on many draft boards and Bosa hits a need position for the 49ers too. Easy pick in my opinion.

SECOND ROUND

A couple of weeks ago, I really wanted the 49ers to address IOL with this pick and I had the 49ers needs as Edge, IOL, FS, WR in that order. I still do, but the top IOL guys are gone and I have changed my mind on the needs, I believe that Kyle wants a WR at 36.

36. N'Keal Harry, WR.k
The 49ers bring in Harry for a visit and I think he is a 49er if he makes it past Arizona at the top of the 2nd round. In my scenario, Arizona takes AJ Brown, leaving Harry for the 49ers.

THIRD ROUND

This is where the 49ers trade to pick up extra picks. In this scenario, Jachai Polite has slid down the dragt board and we find a willing team to trade up to get Polite, the Atlanta Falcons offer their 79, 117, and 186 for the 49ers 67. This trade slightly favors Atlanta (49ers 428 vs Atlanta 425), but it nets the 49ers two extra picks so they make the deal.

79. Michael Deiter, G.
For Kyle's offense, mobility as a guard is essential. Deiter is one of the better guards in the draft in this regard. He is also valuable as a backup Tackle, he played tackle in 2017 vs Ohio state and lined up opposite of Nick Bosa. Bosa's stat line for that game was four tackles and one sack. Deiter will be a better guard than tackle, but he gives the 49ers options. Oh he played some center as well according to the draft network. Great pick here at 79 and the 49ers pick up extra picks.

FOURTH ROUND

104. Lonnie Johnson, CB
At 6'2", 213 lbs, Johnson is a big CB that the 49ers seem to covet. Johnson will compete with Witherspoon and Verrett for the starting CB opposite of Sherman and provides some insurance.

117 (from Atlanta). Amani Hooker, S
At 5'11", 210 lbs, Hooker gives the 49ers a bigger bodied safety than Ward, Reed and Moore. Hooker ran 4.48 40 at the combine, he gives the 49ers some speed, size and competition at the FS position

SIXTH ROUND

176. Shareef Miller, DE
Another late round DE prospect here gives the 49ers some competition and insurance in case Streets doesn't recover from his ACL. At 6'4", 254 lbs, Miller has the size to back up the SAM and wide 9 spots.

186 (from Atlanta). Jimmy Moreland, CB
The 49ers bring in another player they brought in for a pre draft workout.

212 (comp). Jazz Ferguson, WR.
A big receiver at 6'5", 227 lbs to compete with Matthews
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Apr 15, 2019 at 12:41 PM ]
don't normally care for trades so I won't even talk about that but I think you have players going too late.
Lonnie Johnson is likely a 2nd, maybe 3rd.
Hooker is likely a 3rd and is more of another SS, not single high FS, IMO.

Miller and Moreland both likely gone a round or two before.
I don't see Johnson or Hooker falling that far but if it were to happen I would love this draft.
Best mock I've seen
I like this one a ton!
Originally posted by NCommand:
I like this one a ton!

Thanks NC!
That trade favors the 49ers not the Falcons. The 67th pick is worth 255 points. The 79th and 117th alone are worth 255 points.

36 feels too early to pick Harry who is at best the 5th best WR in this draft class (Metcalf, Brown, Brown, and Butler are the top 4). I don't think there's a lot of room between Harry and guys like Deebo, Campbell, Arcega-Whiteside, and Boykin, so if the top 4 are gone, I think we'll wait to draft a WR later. Terry McLaurin, Kelvin Harmon, and Riley Ridley are also options in rounds 2-3 (McLaurin sounds like he has a great work ethic in addition to being a great athlete).
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2019/04/22/nfl-draft-2019-hard-work-unselfishness-fuel-terry-mclaurin-rise-ohio-state-wr/3288120002/

I like the positions you drafted, but agree with others that certain players, especially Johnson are likely to be gone where you have us taking them.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
That trade favors the 49ers not the Falcons. The 67th pick is worth 255 points. The 79th and 117th alone are worth 255 points.

36 feels too early to pick Harry who is at best the 5th best WR in this draft class (Metcalf, Brown, Brown, and Butler are the top 4). I don't think there's a lot of room between Harry and guys like Deebo, Campbell, Arcega-Whiteside, and Boykin, so if the top 4 are gone, I think we'll wait to draft a WR later. Terry McLaurin, Kelvin Harmon, and Riley Ridley are also options in rounds 2-3 (McLaurin sounds like he has a great work ethic in addition to being a great athlete).
https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/2019/04/22/nfl-draft-2019-hard-work-unselfishness-fuel-terry-mclaurin-rise-ohio-state-wr/3288120002/

I like the positions you drafted, but agree with others that certain players, especially Johnson are likely to be gone where you have us taking them.

I agree with you regarding Lonnie Johnson and after looking deeper, I no longer feel like Hooker is a fit for our defense. I disagree with your WR rankings. In the latest top 100 from Daniel Jeremiah, Harry, Samuel, Ridley, JJ Arcega-Whiteside, Campbell, Hardman and Boykin are rated higher than Butler. I think Butler has excellent physical tools, but his hands are a question mark.

My next mock will vary a bit, other than my first pick. Bosa is a 49er if Lynch and Shannahan feel the same way as all the draft experts. I really believe the Cardinals take Murray unless another team blows them away with a blockbuster trade.

My final Dynasty mock draft will come soon.

Thanks for the feedback.
Share 49ersWebzone