LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 355 users in the forums

Yay Area's Mock Offseason #3

Draft
1(1) - Arizona takes Kyler Murray.
1(2) - Bosa is there, but I am concerned with his injury history. Gruden is infatuated with him and unfazed by his injury history, so the Raiders trade 1(4) and 1(27) for our 1(2) and take Bosa.
1(3) - The Jets take Quinnen Williams.
1(4) - Brian Burns, DE/OLB, Florida State. The first surprise. Josh Allen is on the board, but I love Brian Burns. Although he is a lacking in size and strength, I believe he will excel in the wide 9 scheme we plan on playing due to his speed and pass rush repertoire.
1(27) - Garrett Bradbury, OC from NC State. Another surprise as Bradbury is a center but we draft him to play guard. I am not satisfied the options we have at guard. And Bradbury not only comes from a zone blocking scheme at NC State, he has multiple years experience playing guard. He should be able to come in and start right away.
2(36) - We trade down to later in the second round and pick up an additional third.
2(?) - Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia. We finally address our safety position with a player suited to play in the single high safety role.
3(67) - Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State. He will be another solid piece of our linebacking core. He is a converted safety and like Warner, he has the requisite speed for the modern NFL.
3(?) - Myles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame. With his size and speed, and the other athletic traits he demonstrated at combine performance, he warrants using such a high pick to take him.
4(104) - Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State. His athleticism and strength as a route runner will make him a solid number 2 TE and a Shanahan favorite.
6(176) - Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston. Another developmental CB with plus size and speed.
6(212 comp) - Ben Burr Kirven, LB, Washington. Size concerns cause him to fall. He will provide solid depth and be a special teams standout.
For me, coming away without Q or Allen and without a pocket full of picks (4 and 27 is not particularly good value for 2) is not a success. I like some of the things you did, like spending a high pick on the O line but, to be picky, did it have to be so high? Honest question, btw.
Originally posted by English:
For me, coming away without Q or Allen and without a pocket full of picks (4 and 27 is not particularly good value for 2) is not a success. I like some of the things you did, like spending a high pick on the O line but, to be picky, did it have to be so high? Honest question, btw.

That's fair. The trade value chart shows that 2 is worth 2600, whereas 4 is worth 1800 and 27 is worth is 680, for a total is 2480, a difference of 120 points. So the trade probably does need to include another pick, likely a third, but maybe a multiple later round picks or maybe combination of picks this year and next year.

I love Williams, but I wasn't going to draft another interior defensive lineman. We need to come away from this draft with another edge rusher, and for me, Burns and Allen are par with each other. They just have different styles, speed vs power. I just prefer Burns.

As far as offensive line, I'm at least glad we agree on the need, but your are right it didn't have to be so high. I could have picked someone else. But I think Bradbury is a perfect fit, and he is going late first, so this is what that required.
[ Edited by YayArea on Apr 7, 2019 at 11:05 AM ]
I think anyone projecting a Bosa trade up from Oakland is throwing in a trade just to make it happen.

It makes no sense for Oakland to move up for Bosa considering the strength of this draft are pass rushers. Moving up for Murray is one thing. Bosa is another.

And while you may have concerns about his injuries I'm sure if Gruden doesn't he concerns about his injuries we wouldn't either since both teams have excellent doctors who can actually check him out and get the inside scoop.
Originally posted by genus49:
I think anyone projecting a Bosa trade up from Oakland is throwing in a trade just to make it happen.

It makes no sense for Oakland to move up for Bosa considering the strength of this draft are pass rushers. Moving up for Murray is one thing. Bosa is another.

And while you may have concerns about his injuries I'm sure if Gruden doesn't he concerns about his injuries we wouldn't either since both teams have excellent doctors who can actually check him out and get the inside scoop.

Agree to disagree. I don't think it is that far fetched. But who knows? You might be right.
If we made that trade for 1(2) for 1(4), 1(27), 4(106) and 5(140), I would be fine with that. Esp if we take Josh Allen at 4.
Share 49ersWebzone