LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 248 users in the forums

gold49digger's mock

I don't really do mocks but I'll take a crack at it.

Scenario: Bosa is picked by arizona and no trades happen.

Pick 2: Quinnen Williams DT - Another interior d-line?! I know, I know, but Quinnen should be the pick here. This is a deep draft for edges and I think we can find another quality edge player later on. Plus I am on the side of picking BPA over need. Q is arguably the best player in this draft and would make an immediate impact once he lines up next to Buckner and Ford (and another edge i'll be adding soon). I could see a similar situation as last year where we trade solly or AA (maybe to the pats ) the day after the first round.

Pick 36: Chase Winovich EDGE- His combine makes it harder for him to drop but I can see it happening due to a deep edge class. He might not be Bosa but I think he can really solidfy this line and make it one of the scariest units in the NFL. You can make the argument for Jaylon Ferguson in this slot but gettig uninvited from the combine might give Lycn some flashbacks from Reuben Foster. from Alright no more drafting d-linemen for the next 10 years lol...

Pick 67: Juan Thornhill S - Another strong combine performer, I think he would be a quality addition to the secondary. Again it might be unrealistic to expect him falling down here but its my mock and the draft is unpredictable so I do what I want lol. Great speed and good coverage abilities, could possibly play some nickel if needed but would be our single high. Tackling needs some work but I think he could become one of the better safeties in the NFL.

Pick 104: Riley Ridley WR - He falls far because of his poor combine but I think he can be a solid receiver in the NFL. On film he runs crisp routes and has good hands. He will have questions and concerns about his athleticism, but I think Kyle can really make the most outta him.

Pick 176: Foster Moreau TE - Kittle is amazing, but we do need a running mate for him. Celek time is getting older and I think we should be looking to move on from him soon. Wasn't super productive in college but I think that was because LSU didn't have that great of an offense imo and I think he will be a better pro and college player.

Pick 212: Devine Ozigbo RB - the RB room looks a little crowded right now but I think we can take a flyer on a potential steal in Ozigbo. He would finally be the big back we need and I think he would fit the system nicely. Plus its already been known that we are showing interest in him.

Mocks are hard feel free to bash and critique.
Well thought out. It makes a good argument for a trade-down if we can swing one, thereby getting an edge rusher early, a WR and a Thornhill type in the 2nd. But if we can't, it might turn out like this. I'd be shocked if we took a RB, though, and we need some OL prospects a lot more.
Originally posted by rivercity:
Well thought out. It makes a good argument for a trade-down if we can swing one, thereby getting an edge rusher early, a WR and a Thornhill type in the 2nd. But if we can't, it might turn out like this. I'd be shocked if we took a RB, though, and we need some OL prospects a lot more.

yeah it was really tough trying to find a OL prospect that fits our scheme and would be realistically available in one of our draft slots and wouldn't be a massive over reach. I'll probably do a second mock draft that involves a trade down.
Assuming Bosa is gone I'd have a hard time hating this mock. Don't think Ridley falls to the 4th round though.

QW and Winovich would not be terrible.
Bosa going to AZ is rather more than just possible. But if they take Murray, we could pick the best remaining OL instead of Winovich? Good effort though. Very plausible.
I understand the QW and Edge rusher picks. However, it's just sad that all of our resources year after year go into DL when we are weak at OL, WR, CB, FS and SS.
realistic mock if no Bosa. I would expect a trade down somewhere maybe with that 2nd rd pick as well.

Like all the guys you got, not sure they invest in a rb at all now. Also I'm down on Ridley after the combine. He needed to show some athletic ability to at least justify the upside because the production wasn't there.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Assuming Bosa is gone I'd have a hard time hating this mock. Don't think Ridley falls to the 4th round though.

QW and Winovich would not be terrible.

Personally I'm all in on Allen. But I'm starting to believe qw will make the biggest impact. Aa-qw-defo-ford. Can't double anyone
Don't like Winovich at #36. He's just not that good. Would rather move your WR or S picks up one round each and get a pass rusher in the fourth. Definitely do not need another RB. Rest of draft is solid.
Gotta get some o lineman in your draft. It's a very thin position on the team

seems like no o-line is the biggest critique. That's probably because I admittedly don't have too much knowledge on the OL this year, but I think i can make a new mock including OL.
Share 49ersWebzone