LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Mid-March Mock Plan

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Free Agency Recap:

Kwon Alexander - LB - Bucs | I've mocked him here before. Love him in our scheme at WILL.

Dee Ford - DE - Chiefs (via '20 2nd rd pick) | Much needed addition to our team to attack the passer. Elite skills.

Jason Verrett - CB - Chargers | As long as there's low gtd dollars, I'm fine with the addition. Good depth player.

Jordan Matthews - WR - Eagles | Possession receiver that can play outside or inside, it'll be a fight between him, Bourne, and a rookie for 2 spots.

Resigned: Ward - S, Exum - S | No issues here. Need camp bodies.

NFL Draft:

Arizona drafts Kyler Murray - QB, and trades Josh Rosen - QB to the Giants.

R1: Nick Bosa - DE - Ohio St. | Play him outside or inside on base or passing downs, Bosa will be utilized like JJ Watt or Joey Bosa.

TRADE: 49ers trade #36 and 6th round pick for Chiefs two 2nd round picks (#61 and #63). They trade up for Polite - DE.

R2: Justin Layne - CB - Michigan St. | Press man, cover corner with upside in zone. Good height/weight/speed, and sure tackler.

R2: D'Andre Walker - EDGE - Georgia | Strong run defender but developing as a pass rusher, Walker will replace Marsh on the roster.

R3: Germaine Pratt - LB - North Carolina St. | Starting SAM on base downs with ability to flex to WILL and MIKE on passing downs.

R4: Miles Boykin - WR - Notre Dame | Tall and fast receiver in a similar way as M. Bryant from the Steelers/Raiders.

TRADE; Arik Armstead traded for Falcons 4th round draft pick

R4: Max Scharping - T/G - NIU | Talented T/G that projects best as a RT. Potential starter once Staley retires.

R6: Jake Bailey - P - Stanford (comp) | Replacement for Pinion.

Depth Chart:

QB: Garoppolo/Mullens
RB: Coleman*/Breida/McKinnon/Mostert
FB: Juice
TE: Kittle/Celek/Dwelley

WR: Pettis/Matthews*
WR: Goodwin/Boykin*
WR: Taylor/James

LT: Staley/Coleman
LG: Tomlinson
C: Richburg/Magnuson
RG: Person/Garnett
RT: McGlinchey/Scharping*

DE: Bosa*/Blair
DT: Jones/Thomas
DT: Buckner/Day/Street
DE: Ford*/Walker*

LB: Pratt*
LB: Warner/Lee
LB: Alexander*/Smith

CB: Sherman/Witherspoon
CB: Layne*/Verrett*
NB: Williams/Reed
FS: Moore/Ward
SS: Tartt/Colbert/Harris

ST: Gould, Bailey*, Holba (SUSP: Nelson)
I don't like the secondary.

CB: Layne/Verrett No proven 16 game starter. Cannot count on a late 2nd round pick to be your starter.
FS: Moore/Ward No proven 16 game starter. Cannot count on a totally unproven FS in Moore.
SS: Tartt/Colbert/Harris: No proven 16 game starter. Colbert/Harris haven't proved anything at SS. Tartt hasn't stayed healthy.

If we don't get really really lucky, good teams will pick this secondary apart.
Its not bad...

BTW Moore is a CB not a safety !!!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Its not bad...

He was a safety coming out of college and we moved him to CB. I have a hunch that we may move him back to safety.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Its not bad...

He was a safety coming out of college and we moved him to CB. I have a hunch that we may move him back to safety.

I knew this ... I'm sick of signing or draft players then moving them to a new position hoping they can do it ...
I still believe we need more at WR. Our early 2nd seems destined for that in my opinion. If our target/s are gone I'm fine with a trade down. That said, I like Layne but do not like Walker.

I also disagree with any statement that a 2nd shouldn't be relied upon as a starter. Good teams draft starters in the 2nd every year. That needs to be our line of thought and execution. Thx for sharing
Originally posted by davidboutte:
I still believe we need more at WR. Our early 2nd seems destined for that in my opinion. If our target/s are gone I'm fine with a trade down. That said, I like Layne but do not like Walker.

I also disagree with any statement that a 2nd shouldn't be relied upon as a starter. Good teams draft starters in the 2nd every year. That needs to be our line of thought and execution. Thx for sharing

Take the best player available either WR, S or CB. If Layne is the BPA then take him.
This place will erupt if AA is traded lol
I like the trade from 36 for 2 second round picks but not a fan of the selections.
Share 49ersWebzone