LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Bosa Gone 808's Dream Mock

The title says it all. Assuming Bosa gone at #1 overall. This will be my dream mock.

RESIGN: Robbie Gould

FA:
Tier 1. EARL THOMAS (FS)
Tier 2. ZIG ANSAH (1yr prove contract)
Tier 3. THOMAS MORESTEAD (P)

DRAFT

A Giant Surprise Trade:
Giants move on from Eli Manning
Trade #2 overall to NY Giants (selected D.Haskins)
Receive #6, #37, #126, (2020) 1st

A Panicked Jaguar Trade:
Jacksonville panicked Denver would jump ahead of them to select D.Lock knowing our ties with Denver so they trade up one spot because Lynch told them Elway is on the other line.

Edit:Trade #6(from Giants) & 2019 (6th rd) to Jacksonville (selected D.Lock)
Receive #7, #38, #103

Niners 2019 Draft Picks

Rd.1
(#7): Clelin Ferrell (EDGE) Clemson
If Bosa is gone, he's the next best Edge in my book. He's the most pro ready Edge defender in the draft that can come in and start from day 1 and contribute. He was productive and consistent throughout his whole college career against tough competition and succeeded, a good sign that he can translate his game to the NFL and succeed early.

Rd.2
(#36 own): Dalton Risner (T/G) Kansas State
If he's there he would be my pick. This will be McGlinchy's replacement at RT when McG moves to LT after Staley hangs his cleats. He has great value because of his versatility where he can play RG right now and learn the scheme for an easy switch to RT with no drop off when Staley retires. We gotta protect our franchise QB if we want to be competitors.

(#37 from Giants): Deebo Samuels (WR) S.Carolina OR Riley Ridley (WR) Georgia
I'm torn between these two because these are the best route runners in this draft. So I'll be cool with either one of them with this pick. I initially had this pick traded to the Steelers for A.B, but after the domestic news whether its true or not, the distraction is just not worth it for me so I opt for a rookie WR instead.

(#38 from Jags): Chase Winovich (EDGE/SAM) Michigan
Speed Rusher, he can play on or off the ball. This guy's motor is relentless. I call him "Baby Clay" enough said. Having him opposite of Ferrell with Buck and Thomas in the middle in our Nickle pressure package will win us a lot of games on Sundays. Has a great nose for the ball and not bad at all in run defense. A major upgrade to C.Marsh. You can never have enough pass rushers.

Rd.3
(#67 own): Elgton Jenkins (C/G) Miss. State
I'm torn between Jenkins and Garrett Bradbury on this pick. Love Bradbury's quickness and technique but he gets pushed back quite often for my liking. Since this is becoming a passing league I went with Jenkins which is a better pass protector who allowed no sacks and only 4 hurries this past year. He can play Center and move Weston Richburg to LG where he played better with the Giants. Maybe Weston is overwhelmed by KS's playbook which is the caused of all the mistakes and the miss assignments last season. If not, Jenkins is versatile enough to play LG at a high level with Weston at Center no problem. Gotta protect that Jimmy.

Rd.4
(#98 own): Justin Layne (CB) Michigan State
Ideal size(6'3, 195) and a good zone cover CB. He's physical and unafraid to tackle unlike Witherspoon. He has great length with decent speed and good cover skills.

(#103 from Jags): Khalil Hodge (LB) Buffalo
Tackling machine who's always around the ball. This guy is very underrated because of his size. Same size as Roquan Smith but not as near as popular and hyped up as Roquan was last year even though he was more productive and consistent throughout his college career than Smith was. I know Smith played with better competition but that still doesn't take away the fact that this guy is a tackling monster and we need a tackling monster bad. He had over 120 plus tackles in all three years including 140 plus this year and 150 plus tackles last year. Last year the Niners sucked so bad in tackling it was very painful to watch. That needs to change, starting by bringing in physical guys like Ferrell, Winovich, Hodge and Justin Layne. Hodge will be a gem and  a steal at this position, IMO.

(#126 form Giants): Isaac Nauta (TE) Georgia
Very underrated IMO. I've seen him mocked in the later rds sometimes and sometimes I don't see him in mocks at all. A second TE to compliment Kittle with little to no drop off will do wonders for KS's offense. Celek time is on a dramatic count down due to inconsistency and availability. Nauta out performed Ridley in his freshmen year before Georgia became a run heavy team this past 2 years that contributed to his lack of production, but the talent is there to be a steal this late.

Rd.7
Xavier Ubosi (WR) Alabama-Birmingham
Small school sleeper with great size(6'3, 215) and very good playing speed. High points the ball with really good hands, tracks the deep ball really well is why he averages almost 24 yards per reception. Good speed for a big WR..whoa

Thank you for reading. My dream scenario in a perfect world if Bosa is gone. Hope y'all like it. Go Niners
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Feb 18, 2019 at 8:39 AM ]
53 Man Roster:
Offense (25)
QB: J.Garappolo, N.Mullens, C.Beathard
RB: Jet, Cheetah, Mustang
FB: Juice
WR: D.Samuel/R.Ridley, K.Bourne, X.Ubosi
Slot: T.Taylor, R.James
WR: D.Pettis, M.Goodwin
LT: J.Staley. S.Coleman
LG: W.Richburg, L.Tomlinson
C: E.Jenkins
RG: D.Risner, J.Garnett
RT: M.McGlinchey
TE: G.Kittle, I.Nauta, R.Dwelley

Defense (25)
LEO: C.Ferrell, Z.Ansah, K.Smith, C.Winovich
NT: D.Jones, S.Day
DT: D.Buckner, S.Thomas
BE: J.Taylor, R.Blair
WLB: F.Warner, E.Lee
MLB: K.Hodge, F.Warner
SAM: C.Winovich, M.Nzeocha, P.Taumoepenu
SS: M.Harris, J.Tartt
FS: E.Thomas, A.Colbert
CB: R.Sherman, T.Moore
CB: J.Layne, A.Witherspoon
NCB: K.Williams, D.Reed

Special Team (3)
K: R.Gould
P: T.Morestead
LS: K.Nelson
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Feb 12, 2019 at 5:16 PM ]
nice....really like this..always thought allen or ferrell
Jacksonville would be crazy to give all that just to move up one spot.
Otherwise I'm down. 😎
That's a lot for one spot. Have same picks just bigger receiver and have Jaylon Ferguson being small school standout in 2nd round. Great job
[ Edited by danielrod1008 on Feb 10, 2019 at 9:02 PM ]
True, I did realized Jacksonville gave up a lot to move up one spot, but I was under the impression of Jacksonville and Denver going on a bidding war for the next best QB of the draft and Jacksonville panicked under pressure. That's why I called it the Panicked Jaguar trade...lol. Thanks for the feedback gentlemen.
Like it a lot brah but I'm starting to think we may have to trade up to get Risner. Would love if it went down this way though!
Originally posted by Nalo9er:
Like it a lot brah but I'm starting to think we may have to trade up to get Risner. Would love if it went down this way though!

Thanks brah, yeah it seems like Risner is rising quickly on draft boards after SB. But there still might be a good chance he's there at the beginning of the 2nd round with Williams, Taylor, Dillard, Ford, Little, and Edwards having a better chance to go before him. But would love to have him in red and gold.🤙🏼
I like a lot of the players you went after....there's no way Jax gives up all that to move from 6 to 7 simply not realistic.

I'm assuming Risner plays RG until Joe retires? Where's Jenkins playing? We have LG and center set. Not sure we go for depth there but if it's BPA cool. I also don't think either interior lineman last that long.

overall like the players you targeted the trades aren't very realistic though
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I like a lot of the players you went after....there's no way Jax gives up all that to move from 6 to 7 simply not realistic.

I'm assuming Risner plays RG until Joe retires? Where's Jenkins playing? We have LG and center set. Not sure we go for depth there but if it's BPA cool. I also don't think either interior lineman last that long.

overall like the players you targeted the trades aren't very realistic though

Correct, I had Risner playing RG until Staley retires then he replace McG at RT. Jenkins and Richburg compete for the starting Center spot and the loser plays LG until Tomlinson fully recover from his injury late last season. Tomlinson will not be ready by the beginning of the season. Richburg played well with the Giants at Guard.

Its not far fetched that both offensive linemen would be there the position I picked them. I've seen Risner mocked a lot in the late 1st-early 2nd and Jenkins in the 3rd rd, sometimes in the middle to late of the 3rd rd.

I realized Jacksonville gave up a lot to move up one spot but you never know nowadays. We're actually gaining only 2 draft picks and Ramsey. We're swapping 1st rd picks and their 4th and our 6th rd pick that I also included in the trade canceled each other out for this year. Swapping 1st rd should cost them their 2nd, late 3rd and next year's 3rd alone. Ramsey is on the last year of his rookie contract and they might have a hard time resigning him if they don't have cap space to come into terms for a big contract, so why not spice up the deal to lure Lynch away from Elway's deal by throwing him in since they're already publicly shopping him? QBs gets overdrafted all the time and things happens if teams gets desperate. But, then again, like Notorious BIG said "It was just a dream". Lol..

Thanks for your feedback man. I'll try harder next time..

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Correct, I had Risner playing RG until Staley retires then he replace McG at RT. Jenkins and Richburg compete for the starting Center spot and the loser plays LG until Tomlinson fully recover from his injury late last season. Tomlinson will not be ready by the beginning of the season. Richburg played well with the Giants at Guard.

Its not far fetched that both offensive linemen would be there the position I picked them. I've seen Risner mocked a lot in the late 1st-early 2nd and Jenkins in the 3rd rd, sometimes in the middle to late of the 3rd rd.

I realized Jacksonville gave up a lot to move up one spot but you never know nowadays. We're actually gaining only 2 draft picks and Ramsey. We're swapping 1st rd picks and their 4th and our 6th rd pick that I also included in the trade canceled each other out for this year. Swapping 1st rd should cost them their 2nd, late 3rd and next year's 3rd alone. Ramsey is on the last year of his rookie contract and they might have a hard time resigning him if they don't have cap space to come into terms for a big contract, so why not spice up the deal to lure Lynch away from Elway's deal by throwing him in since they're already publicly shopping him? QBs gets overdrafted all the time and things happens if teams gets desperate. But, then again, like Notorious BIG said "It was just a dream". Lol..

Why is LT not gonna be ready? He didn't tear his ACL. IMO Weston didn't play that amazing at guard his rookie yr. He's a center and is paid as such.

Sure players can drop or rise....IMO Bradbury has been getting 1st rd buzz, one of those dudes could drop no doubt (both could be scheme fit only guys)

Jags aren't moving a top 3 CB to go up one spot. You have us getting a high 2nd, 3rd and a 2020 3rd on top of it? Am I reading this wrong?

Hey it's all for fun! just pointing out some stuff
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Why is LT not gonna be ready? He didn't tear his ACL. IMO Weston didn't play that amazing at guard his rookie yr. He's a center and is paid as such.

Sure players can drop or rise....IMO Bradbury has been getting 1st rd buzz, one of those dudes could drop no doubt (both could be scheme fit only guys)

Jags aren't moving a top 3 CB to go up one spot. You have us getting a high 2nd, 3rd and a 2020 3rd on top of it? Am I reading this wrong?

Hey it's all for fun! just pointing out some stuff

My bad, thought I read somewhere that LT tore his ACL, but it's only his MCL. Thanks man and yes it was just for fun.
Share 49ersWebzone