LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Off-season Plan

Hi, the off-season will be very long so let's make a mock draft...

Free agency

Keep: Gould, Person, Pinnion, Lee, Julian Taylor, Mostert

Cut: Garcon, Mitchell, Smith, Ward, Morris, Gilliam, Celek

Extend: Armstead, Buckner

Signings: If available I think these players could help and improve the team, especially the defensive unit...

1.- Dante Fowler DE (there were reports that the ninners tried to trade for him at the deadline)
2.- Brandon Graham DE
3.- CJ Moseley MLB
4.- Shaq Barrett OLB/DE
5.- Preston Smith OLB/DE
6.- Golden Tate WR
7.- Jesse James TE

I don't know how realistic these acquisitions could be but I think they will be starters right away. Lynch/Shanahan need to spend and have a winning record in year 3.

The team will not sign Lawrence, Earl Thomas, Clowney, Bell, Antonio Brown and OBJ.

The Draft

R1: Bosa is gone. The pick is Quinnen Williams DT
R2: Chris Lindstrom G
R3: Deebo Samuel WR
R4: Charles Omenihu DE
R6: Jimmy Moreland CB
R6: LJ Scott RB

Depth Chart

Offense

QB: Jimmy Garoppolo
RB: J. McKinnon / LJ Scott
FB: Kyle Juszczyk
WR: Golden Tate
WR: Dante Pettis
WR: Marquise Goodwin / Deebo Samuel
TE: George Kittle / Jesse James
RT: Mcglinchey
RG: Lindstrom
C:. Richburg
LG: Tomlinson
LT: Staley

Defense

DE: Fowler / Smith
DT: Buckner / Thomas
DT: Williams / Armstead
DE: Graham / Omenihu
LB: Barrett
LB: CJ Moseley
LB: Warner
CB: Sherman
CB: Witherspoon / Moreland
CB: Williams / Moreland
FS: Colbert / Harris
SS: Tartt

Special Teams

K: Gould
P: Pinnion

Thoughts? What do you think? What would you do with the 2nd pick, Allen and sing Grady Jarret?

Greetings, Go Ninners
[ Edited by luchon844 on Jan 29, 2019 at 3:59 AM ]
Breida ???
No need to bring Pinnion back

And where do you get all that money from to sign all the FA's ?
It will cost at least $50 million in year 1, ad Buckner and Armstead and all your re-sign, and you out off money.
Breida will be on the mix. But just like a 3rd down RB. I don't think he can be an every down RB. I think Scott can be.

I don't think that's imposible to sing those players, the cap space will be more than 65 millions and will be more if they cut Garcon, Smith and company. Also the team needs to spend to compete with the Rams and the Seahawks.

The draft is not enough, sometimes the players need years to develop. Last year the team didn't sign pass rushers. This year there are a lot of options in free agency and the draft.

I think the team needs to be very agressive.

Pinnion is ok, inconsistent but not terrible, has good and bad punts. Maybe he could be replaced by an undrafted free agent.
[ Edited by luchon844 on Jan 29, 2019 at 3:11 PM ]
I agred that 49ers needs to be active (agressive) in FA this year, but I just don't see them use $10 millions for a ILB (Moseley) and another $30-$40 millions on EDGE players i FA. This draft is so deep on EDGE player, so if wee don't get one i first round then we can pickup one i second round.
Instead of 2 off the EDGE (Graham and Smith) I will spend the money on Earl Thomas (or another singel high safety)

If 49ers extend both Armstead and Buckner, and draft Williams they will pay 4 IDL around $42-$46 million in 2019 (Buckner $20m, Armstead $10m, Thomas $7,6m, Williams $6,1). That's a lot of money
Share 49ersWebzone