LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Yay Area's 2019 Mock Offseason #2

The basis for this offseason is a combination of Daniel Jeremiah's latest NFL.com mock draft and the Jaguars rumors surrounding trading Jalen Ramsey.

Cuts:
Garcon
Mitchell
M. Smith

Resign:
Elijah Lee
Mike Person
Robbie Gould
Bradley Pinion
Raheem Mostert

Free Agents:
EDGE (SAM) - Dante Fowler
S - Earl Thomas
WR - Tyrell Williams

Draft:
1 (2) - Traded to Jacksonville for Jalen Ramsey, 1 (7), and 2 (38). Jacksonville trades up to ensure that they can grab Dwayne Haskins.
1 (7) - Jonah Williams, OG/OT, Alabama. We have a hole at guard that he can come in an fill immediately, and a few years down the line, he could bump out to tackle. Maybe a little high, but offensive line is the foundation of every solid team, and he fits perfectly.
2 (36) - Jachai Polite, LB/DE, Florida. In Daniel Jeremiah's mock, he slips into the second round. So we pounce on him. We need pass rushers and he is one of my favorites.
2 (38) - Brian Burns, LB/DE, Florida State. Another pass rusher that slips in DJ's draft, which is entirely possible due to weight concerns. But he is also one of my favorites.
3 (67) - Germaine Pratt, LB, NC State. He will be another solid piece of our linebacking core. He is a converted safety and like Warner, he has the requisite speed for the modern NFL.
4 (98) - Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston. Another developmental CB with plus size and speed to pair with Tarvarius Moore and play behind Sherman and Ramsey.
6 (163) - KeeSean Johnson, WR, Fresno State. Isn't the most athletic, but has good hands and is solid route runner. His motor and intensity make up for some deficiencies.
7 (194) - Sione Takitaki, LB/DE, BYU. Maybe overkill with the LB/DE types, but I think our lack of pass rush ability warrants dedicating this many resources to it. He is more versatile than Burns and Polite. He played MLB for BYU and has continued playing there in the Shrine Bowl practices, where he has had lots of positive reviews.
politr and burns won't last to the second round.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
politr and burns won't last to the second round.

You are probably right. I don't disagree. But like I said, I based this off of Daniel Jeremiah's mock and he had them slipping out of the first round.
If this all came true I'd be a happy man, you covered every need, additions of Ramsey and Thomas would be amazing, pass rushers Fowler, Polite and Burns, took my fav LB in the draft in Pratt ! Idk how real this is but it's a beautiful thing to imagine !
Originally posted by jersey49er:
If this all came true I'd be a happy man, you covered every need, additions of Ramsey and Thomas would be amazing, pass rushers Fowler, Polite and Burns, took my fav LB in the draft in Pratt ! Idk how real this is but it's a beautiful thing to imagine !

Agreed. Would be very happy if we got both those guys in 2nd round
Would love it
Way too good to be true! I wouldn't sober up for a week.
I understand all the too good to be true comments. I always figured that both Polite and Burns would be first rounders, with a slight chance that Burns could fall due to his size/weight. So when I saw that Daniel Jeremiah had them both slipping out of the first round, I was shocked. But I've always liked DJ and I trust his evaluations.
[ Edited by YayArea on Jan 22, 2019 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by YayArea:
I understand all the too good to be true comments. I always figured that both Polite and Burns would be first rounders, with a slight chance that Burns could fall due to his size/weight. So when I saw that Daniel Jeremiah had them both slipping out of the first round, I was shocked. But I've always liked DJ and I trust his evaluations.

Could happen. You never know.
In this scenario, a scarlet and gold winged unicorn ridden by Joe Montana comes to the podium to make each pick.

Originally posted by jersey49er:

If that could happen it would be a dream haul and we're in the SB assuming we stay healthy without a doubt.

In reality...no way it happens. Polite/Burns being the obvious ones.
Share 49ersWebzone