There are 290 users in the forums

November 2018 Mock Plan

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Coaching Changes:

DL Coach: Bill Kollar (current DL coach Broncos - ties to both Shanahan and Saleh)

DB Coach: Joe Woods (current DC for Broncos; former DBs coach)

Sr Asst: DeWayne Walker (current DBs coach Browns; former HC, DC, DL - Saleh ties)

---

Release: Garcon, Armstead, Celek, Coyle, Mitchell (~$25M saved)

Resign/Extend: Buckner, Person, Gould, Pinion, Nelson, Mostert (ERFA), Lee (ERFA) (~$20M spent)

Restructure: Gilliam, M. Smith ($5M saved)

Free Agency:

Tyrell Williams - WR - Chargers | He's got potential to blossom into a #1 WR. He's a major upgrade to our WR unit for our passing attack.

Ziggy Ansah - DE - Lions | We'll sign Ansah to a 3 year deal with an option to cut ties after a year. Mayhew connection.

Tyrann Mathieu - FS - Texans | Miss out on the Thomas sweepstakes, but Mathieu is a nice upgrade to play our single high safety role.

Shaquil Barrett - SAM - Broncos | Peters connection here. Currently a backup that will be our full time SAM starter, easily sliding to DE on p-downs.

Geoff Swain - TE - Cowboys | Strong blocker with potential to develop his route running skills. Upgrade to Celek.

NFL Draft:

Joshua Garnett for Pittsburgh's 6th round draft pick (via OAK)

Trent Taylor for Bills 7th round draft pick.

49ers trade 1st for Broncos 1st and 2nd round draft picks. Broncos trade up to select Greer - QB.

R1: Montez Sweat - LEO - Miss. St. (via DEN) | Strong in pass and run sets, Sweat has an explosive first step to wreck havoc in the backfield.

R2: Amani Oruwariye - CB - Penn St. | Excels in man coverage and route matching, Oruwariye is still a bit raw, but he can blossom into a starter.

R2: Chase Winovich - SAM/DE - Michigan (via DEN) | No nonsense defensive player that's gritty to find ways to make plays. High impact player.

R3: Irv Smith Jr - TE - Alabama | Move TE with slot WR experience, Smith adds another dimension to a multi-faceted offense.

R4: Te'Von Conley - LB - Notre Dame | Technically sound LBer that can thrive in both the WILL and MIKE roles in our defense.

R6: Chuma Edoga - T/G - USC (via PIT thru OAK) | Plays LT but will shift to guard. Zone fit.

R6: DeMarcus Christmas - NT - Florida St | 1 tech guy that will develop behind Jones and Day.

R7: Alex Barnes - RB - Kansas St. (via BUF) | Bigger version of Telvin Coleman, Barnes will compete with Mostert to be the 3rd active RB on gamedays.

R7: Anthony Johnson - WR - Buffalo (via KC) | Physical receiver that can play outside or the slot.

Depth Chart:

QB: Garoppolo/Beathard -or- Mullens
RB: McKinnon/Breida/Mostert/Barnes*
FB: Juice
TE: Kittle/Swain*/Smith*

WR: Williams*/Bourne
WR: Goodwin/Pettis
WR: James/Johnson*

LT: Staley/Gilliam
LG: Tomlinson/Edoga*
C: Richburg/Magnuson
RG: Person
RT: McGlinchey/Coleman

DE: Thomas/Blair
NT: Jones/Day
DT: Buckner/Street
DE: Ansah/Sweat*/Marsh

LB: Barrett*/Winovich*
LB: Warner/Conley*
LB: Foster/Smith

CB: Sherman/Moore
CB: Witherspoon/Oruwariye*
CB: Williams/Reed
FS: Mathieu*/Colbert
SS: Tartt/Harris

ST: Gould, Pinion, Nelson
[ Edited by GEEK on Nov 5, 2018 at 12:17 PM ]
I like the Edoga pick
Your QB depth chart seems to be missing someone
What about Jimmy G
I think Conley, Christmas and Johnson all go way earlier then you have them..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

Just making sure you are paying attention
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jersey49er:

Conley is a 3rd-4th rounder. We pick near the top of the 4th - so that wouldn't be a stretch.

Christmas...it's hard to say where he'll get drafted. FA market is saturated with 0-1 tech NTs and the draft is rich in them. Pair that with the fact more teams are in 4-2-5 schemes in passing situations, and the need becomes less pressing. Combine will dictate where he lands in the draft. I currently see him as a late rounder.

I agree that Johnson could be a mid-round pick. Strong build, good height, above average athleticism. All depends on the rest of the season. Many draft sites ranked him between R5 to R7.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Conley is a 3rd-4th rounder. We pick near the top of the 4th - so that wouldn't be a stretch.

Christmas...it's hard to say where he'll get drafted. FA market is saturated with 0-1 tech NTs and the draft is rich in them. Pair that with the fact more teams are in 4-2-5 schemes in passing situations, and the need becomes less pressing. Combine will dictate where he lands in the draft. I currently see him as a late rounder.

I agree that Johnson could be a mid-round pick. Strong build, good height, above average athleticism. All depends on the rest of the season. Many draft sites ranked him between R5 to R7.

I know mocks right now don't matter but the ones I've looked at had Conley going in the 2nd, I personally have never watched him play much so you would know better then me, and Johnson I seen going as early as the 1st, I'd love for your mock to be true tho lol thanks for sharing..

Coney is pretty consistently rated a 1st or 2nd round prospect and one of the top 2-3 ILBs in the country. #15 overall on CBS (not that accurate this early in the season but still).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospect-rankings/inside-linebackers
Originally posted by genus49:

Just making sure you are paying attention

Irv Smith Jr. 👍👍👍
Love it. Ansah scares me a bit, but great offseason that fills a TON of big holes
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Irv Smith Jr. 👍👍👍

+1
Share 49ersWebzone