There are 734 users in the forums
9ersLiferInChicago 2018 Mock Draft
Apr 24, 2018 at 12:58 PM
- Hysterikal
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,101
I could easily live with this. Good job
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:12 PM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,274
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I could easily live with this. Good job
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:26 PM
- Rathof44
- Veteran
- Posts: 10,602
Like it.
Thoughts on why Griffin over WZ darlings Fred Warner and Jerome Baker?
Thoughts on why Griffin over WZ darlings Fred Warner and Jerome Baker?
Apr 24, 2018 at 1:49 PM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,274
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Like it.
Thoughts on why Griffin over WZ darlings Fred Warner and Jerome Baker?
Griffin has way more speed and quickness and better instincts than both. Griffin is come more ready to play than both. And Griffin is more versatile that both, not to mention he handles blockers better IMHO. As for Warner I had a hard time nailing down where he'd fit, and I figured him to be lessor in the pass game than Griffin. As for Baker, I just think that Griffin is an all around better prospect, and much tougher. Also, while both are WILL LB's Griffin won't get over powered if teams run his way. Finally, if called upon Griffin can play the MIKE. You won't get that out of Baker. That's why I pick Griffin over them.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 24, 2018 at 1:51 PM ]
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:15 PM
- NCommand
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 123,365
Well done 9ersLiferInChicago!
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:27 PM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,274
Originally posted by NCommand:
Well done 9ersLiferInChicago!
Thank you. Thank you very much . .
Apr 24, 2018 at 7:18 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,859
Nice mock
Apr 24, 2018 at 8:18 PM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,274
Originally posted by tohara3:Thanx
Nice mock
Apr 24, 2018 at 9:45 PM
- fan49
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,293
Actually Smith has a weakness for shedding blockers at least that's what his Scouting Report say. I think not drafting a running back at all is a huge mistake I don't care what we paid McKinnon
Apr 25, 2018 at 10:03 AM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,274
Originally posted by fan49:Totally disagree with you about the running back position. I cannot envision any reason we address that RB position in the draft. We may bring in a priority rookie FA, at best. McKinnon will be the featured back with Breida and Williams battling for time behind him. I Can'e see any reason we spend a draft pick on a RB when the position is aready well spoken for.
Actually Smith has a weakness for shedding blockers at least that's what his Scouting Report say. I think not drafting a running back at all is a huge mistake I don't care what we paid McKinnon
As for Smith, I have to disagree even more. This is why when I do my research I go back and watch whole games (yes, they're on Youtube), and why every year I take so long to release my mock. I know what some scouts say, and frankly, not every scouting report says that he can't handle blockers. From what I saw he's just above average when it comes to handling blockers. Does he get caught in the wash sometimes? Sure he does. But so does all NFL LB's from time to time. What the scouting report won't tell you is that while Georgia had an overall top defense, at times they were able to get ran on. If you'll notice Georgia only had two guys on their D-line rotation invited to the combine, and they have a 4th and 7th round grade on them, respectively. 2018 was a down year for Georgia's 3-4 front rotation, and that greatly effected Smith, allowing O-lineman to the second level. Yet Smith was still able to high productivity.
Don't rely on scouting reports.
Watch the player for yourself.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Apr 25, 2018 at 10:03 AM ]
Apr 25, 2018 at 7:18 PM
- 9ersLiferInChicago
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,274
Originally posted by fan49:BTW, why do we need to draft a RB?
Actually Smith has a weakness for shedding blockers at least that's what his Scouting Report say. I think not drafting a running back at all is a huge mistake I don't care what we paid McKinnon