LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 395 users in the forums

Kriz' final mock(s)

• krizay
  • Veteran
I did two mocks one with us keeping #9 and one trading down (twice). These picks aren't what i'd do entirely but what i could see us doing.

DISCLAIMER: i looked at past trades for vaue. sorry if my trade downs aren't breaking the bank kind of trades for the masses

Trade 9 to miami for 11 and 73
Trade 11 to LAC for 17 and 84 and '18 3rd
Trade 74 to DAL for 81 and 137 they go WR
Trade 128 and 137 to the JETS for 107

17. LVE (MIKE/WILL)
59. Tyrell Crosby (OT)
70. Austin Corbett (G/C)
73. Jerome Baker (WILL)
81. Dante Pettis (WR)
84. Duke Ejiofor (LEO)
107. Quenton Meeks (CB)
143. Leon Jacobs (SAM)
184. Darius Phillips (NCB)
223. Jester Weah (WR)
240 Foye Oluokun (SS/money backer)

Keeping #9

Trade 74 to DAL for 81 and 137 they go WR

9. Roquan Smith (MIKE)
59. Tyrell Crosby (OT)
70. Jerome Baker (WILL)
81. Duke Ejiofor (LEO)
128. Isaac Yiadom (CB)
137. Leon Jacobs (SAM)
143. Alex Cappa (G)
184. Darius Phillips(NCB)
223. Jester Weah (WR)
240. Foye Oluokun (SS/money backer)

Potential UDFA to target

CB Jaylen Dunlap
LB Myles Pierce
DE Anthony Winbush
DE Ade Aruna
WR Deontez Alexander
WR Emmanuel Butler
C Bradley Bozeman
TE Ryan Izzo
TE Dalton Schultz
TE Ross Dwelley
SS Tyrell Robinson
FS Jaleel Wadood
FS Cole Reyes
CB Brandon Facyson
CB Adonis Alexander
Personally I hope we trade back early to add picks for not just this year, but to our next years draft as well. I hope we walk out of this draft with 5-6 players, yes I know that's not a lot, but I'm wanting us to trade down early, and then use our late round picks to maneuver in the middle rounds if someone we really like is slipping. Getting 5-6 players that will no doubt make the roster, and have a chance to become starters either their rookie year, or shortly after is good. I would go crazy in the UDFA market to see if we can find some hidden gems. We don't really have that many positions available on our 53, so no point in drafting 10-11 guys, and then trying to sneak 3-4 on the PS and potentially lose those picks for nothing. Much rather draft lean and mean, and then we could be a team looking to claim someone off another teams PS that they try to sneak in there.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
Personally I hope we trade back early to add picks for not just this year, but to our next years draft as well. I hope we walk out of this draft with 5-6 players, yes I know that's not a lot, but I'm wanting us to trade down early, and then use our late round picks to maneuver in the middle rounds if someone we really like is slipping. Getting 5-6 players that will no doubt make the roster, and have a chance to become starters either their rookie year, or shortly after is good. I would go crazy in the UDFA market to see if we can find some hidden gems. We don't really have that many positions available on our 53, so no point in drafting 10-11 guys, and then trying to sneak 3-4 on the PS and potentially lose those picks for nothing. Much rather draft lean and mean, and then we could be a team looking to claim someone off another teams PS that they try to sneak in there.

We have alot more open spots than people want to admit.
Don't get me wrong, I agree that there are some open spots, I just would want us to focus more on the 1st-5th round guys, and focus on getting as many of those that we really like. We had SO MANY guys on IR all last year, and some of those are gonna make the 53 this year, (Garnett+J. Williams) maybe more. Then you include what we've done in FA to go along with our picks from last year, and really there aren't that many 53 man spots available. There will be PS spots open, which I hope we fill through UDFA or just guys on the open market.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
We have all 4 LB spots.
1 OT
2 outside CBs
1 NCB
1 SS
2 WR garcon 30+ plus we could easily upgrade our WR4 and 5

we dont know where to play Ward. Seeing how we have no septh at FS them moving him to CB means we need a FS

We dont know what we have at G.

we have no real depth at C. So a G/C combo makes a ton of sense.

That doesnt include TE. or pur "moneybacker" position.

We are a solid draft away from having just a few spots remaining.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Though i ubderstand what you are saying. I just think the more swings we take now the better we are in the long run.
I hear it both ways. I am always one for trading down, because you get good value that way, and I really like the thought of adding more 2019 draft picks in the earlier rounds. Stock piling multiple early picks in future drafts is a solid recipe for sustained success. I agree that we are 1 solid draft away from being really competitive for quite a while. Here's to hoping things work out good for us starting this Thursday.
You don't ever trade out of the top 10 unless you get a King's ransom.

Like a ton of the players you selected.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Duke Ejiofor is definitely a draft crush for me. If we don't end up with Landry or Okoronkwo than I'd happily take Ejiofor in the 3rd.

My only thing is in your draft where you keep 9, I don't know if I'd go Baker in the 3rd. awesome job overall and I love s lot of the players you took in both rounds.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Duke Ejiofor is definitely a draft crush for me. If we don't end up with Landry or Okoronkwo than I'd happily take Ejiofor in the 3rd.

My only thing is in your draft where you keep 9, I don't know if I'd go Baker in the 3rd. awesome job overall and I love s lot of the players you took in both rounds.

I didnt want to. I wanted to go Pettis but i started the "LOCKS" to be 49ers thread and listed baker and ejiofor. So i mocked this with that in mind.

for tbe record this wouldn't be what id do...

Since you commented on tbe keep 9 mock. I would...

9. Landry (LEO)
59. James Washington (WR)
70. Austin Corbett (G/C)
81. Brandon Parker (OT)
128. Isaac Yiadom (CB)
137. Leon Jacobs (SAM)
143. Genard Avery (Will)
184. Darius Phillips(NCB)
223. Jester Weah (WR)
240. Foye Oluokun (SS/money backer)

Share 49ersWebzone