There are 136 users in the forums

Idahos final 2018 mock draft.

Ill try to keep it as quick and dirty as possible. This mock does include a projected first round trade.

Notable Trade-

49ers trade #9 for New Englands #23, #31, and next years 2nd. Reasoning is 49ers seek to add multiple additions in a deep first round where talent is sliding due to a run on QB's. New England chooses to move up and take their QB of choice left before Buffalo, or even potentially Miami snag him first.

49ers also trade with NE for their 2nd round pick #11 back, giving up round two pick #27, and next years 2nd.

Top 10 draft pics-

1.Cleveland Browns — Sam Darnold, QB, USC
2.New York Giants — Bradley Chubb, DE, N.C. State
3.New York Jets — Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA
4.Cleveland Browns — Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
5.Denver Broncos — Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming
6.Indianapolis Colts –Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech
7.Tampa Bay Buccaneers — Derwin James, DB, Florida State
8.Chicago Bears — Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame
9.Traded to New England- Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield, or insert name of QB of BB's choice.
10.Oakland Raiders — Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB, Alabama

49ers draft picks

Round 1 (pick 23)- (Trade see above)Harold Landry, DE, Boston College( a webzone favorite, picked around where he should be).

Round 1 (pick 31)- (Trade see above)D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (One of my favorite players in this draft. Reminds me of a slightly larger more built Steve Smith.)

Round 2, (Pick 11) -(Trade see above) Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (possibly the best CB in the draft, 49ers make a move to get him after falling into the second round due to a deep class, and coming off an injury)

Round 3 (pick 6) – Skyler Phillips, G, Idaho State(possibly the best pick of the draft for us. Starts at G for us year one and plays at a high level for the next decade.)

Round 3 (pick 10) – Nick Deluca, ILB, North Dakota St.(Really like this kid. Had a solid week of senior bowl practices)

Round 4 (pick 28) – Joseph Noteboom, LT, TCU (Staleys future replacement. Has the athleticism Shanny will love for this system, and had a great combine/Senior bowl)

Round 5 (pick 6) – Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin (High IQ High character work out warrior, who has had nothing but great practices and workouts all off season).

Round 6 (pick 10) – Quentin Meeks, CB, Stanford (i think he falls. Down year last season, and IMO a poor combine performance. Solidly worth a developmental pick.)

Round 7 (pick 9) – Martez Carter, RB, Grambling State(Only slides this far because of the sheer depth at RB, and a lack of need for RB's across the NFL currently)

Round 7 (pick 22) – Ryan Yurachek, TE, Marshall (underrated TE prospect IMO that sneaks into the 7th.)
[ Edited by IdahoNiner on Apr 7, 2018 at 1:06 AM ]
I don't think there is any way Deluca goes in the 3rd. This is just such a deep LB draft and I have at least 12-15 linebackers ranked ahead of him. I like him. He is a poor man's Brock Coyle but he lacks the atletesism and speed to be a factor in our D. He looks like a 6th or 7th round draft pick maybe even an UDFA in this LB deep draft.

I like Phillips ad well. He is tough as nails but his lack of competition and this being such a deep guard draft means he is likely a 5th or 6th round pick.

I like your players but where you have them drafted is way off.
I like this draft. I was actually just tinkering around with the same trade....9 and 59 for 23, 31, and 43.

I chose different players, but mostly the same position groups, including the doubling up on CB and OL
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
I don't think there is any way Deluca goes in the 3rd. This is just such a deep LB draft and I have at least 12-15 linebackers ranked ahead of him. I like him. He is a poor man's Brock Coyle but he lacks the atletesism and speed to be a factor in our D. He looks like a 6th or 7th round draft pick maybe even an UDFA in this LB deep draft.

I like Phillips ad well. He is tough as nails but his lack of competition and this being such a deep guard draft means he is likely a 5th or 6th round pick.

I like your players but where you have them drafted is way off.

Having Watched Phillips his entire career, im very high on him, as i was Iupati coming out of UofI. No way he falls to the 5th or 6th IMO. He is one of the best G's in this draft. I also think Deluca goes in that 3-5 range, but i personally have a third round grade on him, so thats where he falls in my mock.

I disagree that the two pics you mentioned are way off. Maybe a round early, but as i have always said, i draft based on my perceived value, not outside sources, to the best of my ability.

The only pic that is truely a long shot IMO would be Jaire Alexander lasting that long. But thats why mocks are so fun. Everyone has their different opinions on talent and landing spots.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Love the landry, jamerson and carter picks.

The rest, eh!
Originally posted by krizay:
Love the landry, jamerson and carter picks.

The rest, eh!

What do you like about Jamerson and Carter?

Which prospects do you dislike most of my choices?

Thanks for your opinions!
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Jamerson seems like the type of guy to keep around on tbe bottom of tbe roster.

He's a special teams ace. In his 1 year starting he seemed to be a pretty heady FS. to which we could use for depth. He also has experience playong CB.

The jack of all trades.

Montez Carter i just like his game. He seem like he would fit well in Shanny's offense. Though he'd be a bit redundant. Id still like his potentoal over Mostert.

Dislikes:

DJ Moore, im in tje minority that t2jinks hes overrated. If you watch his highlights he looks great. If ypu watch his snaps versus Wisconsin, ohio st. I believe penn st and uou see a guy who doesnt separate all too well.

From my perspective anyway. None of tjat has anything to do with who hos QB is or isnt.

Alexander, phillips deluca, just not my favorote guys. Not saying there's anything wrong with the plauers you picked i just think those positopns could have been chosen in different order. But that would just suit my fancy and clearly not yours. Thsts why i gave the eh!. Your guys could be better thsn mine. But....

Landrt most likely gone so. What if....

1-23 LVE
1-31 Isiah Oliver
2-11 James Washington
3-6 Braden Smith or Skyler Philips
3-10 Okronkwo/Josh Sweat/Ejoifor

Or

1-23 LVE
1-31 Isiah Oliver
2-11 Okronkwo (if ypu dont think he lasts to 3-10)
3-6 Smith/Phillips
3-10 DaeShawn Hamilton

Again, your mock your players. To me those changes wpuld make us better than what you suggested.

If landry happens to be there at 23.

LANDRY
OLIVER
Malik Jefferson or Rashaad Evans
Smith/Phillips
Hamilton
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Jamerson seems like the type of guy to keep around on tbe bottom of tbe roster.

He's a special teams ace. In his 1 year starting he seemed to be a pretty heady FS. to which we could use for depth. He also has experience playong CB.

The jack of all trades.

Montez Carter i just like his game. He seem like he would fit well in Shanny's offense. Though he'd be a bit redundant. Id still like his potentoal over Mostert.

Dislikes:

DJ Moore, im in tje minority that t2jinks hes overrated. If you watch his highlights he looks great. If ypu watch his snaps versus Wisconsin, ohio st. I believe penn st and uou see a guy who doesnt separate all too well.

From my perspective anyway. None of tjat has anything to do with who hos QB is or isnt.

Alexander, phillips deluca, just not my favorote guys. Not saying there's anything wrong with the plauers you picked i just think those positopns could have been chosen in different order. But that would just suit my fancy and clearly not yours. Thsts why i gave the eh!. Your guys could be better thsn mine. But....

Landrt most likely gone so. What if....

1-23 LVE
1-31 Isiah Oliver
2-11 James Washington
3-6 Braden Smith or Skyler Philips
3-10 Okronkwo/Josh Sweat/Ejoifor

Or

1-23 LVE
1-31 Isiah Oliver
2-11 Okronkwo (if ypu dont think he lasts to 3-10)
3-6 Smith/Phillips
3-10 DaeShawn Hamilton

Again, your mock your players. To me those changes wpuld make us better than what you suggested.

If landry happens to be there at 23.

LANDRY
OLIVER
Malik Jefferson or Rashaad Evans
Smith/Phillips
Hamilton

In that trade down scenario with Patriots, LVE and Oliver would be my two picks in the 1st as well followed by OO/Sweat/Ejiofor and Skylar.
I dont see Landry lasting anywhere near 23. We need edge rush. Lets not end up with Rashaun Woods again.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

49ers draft picks

Round 1 (pick 23)- (Trade see above)Harold Landry, DE, Boston College( a webzone favorite, picked around where he should be).

Round 1 (pick 31)- (Trade see above)D.J. Moore, WR, Maryland (One of my favorite players in this draft. Reminds me of a slightly larger more built Steve Smith.)

Round 2, (Pick 11) -(Trade see above) Jaire Alexander, CB, Louisville (possibly the best CB in the draft, 49ers make a move to get him after falling into the second round due to a deep class, and coming off an injury)

Round 3 (pick 6) – Skyler Phillips, G, Idaho State(possibly the best pick of the draft for us. Starts at G for us year one and plays at a high level for the next decade.)

Round 3 (pick 10) – Nick Deluca, ILB, North Dakota St.(Really like this kid. Had a solid week of senior bowl practices)

Round 4 (pick 28) – Joseph Noteboom, LT, TCU (Staleys future replacement. Has the athleticism Shanny will love for this system, and had a great combine/Senior bowl)

Round 5 (pick 6) – Natrell Jamerson, S, Wisconsin (High IQ High character work out warrior, who has had nothing but great practices and workouts all off season).

Round 6 (pick 10) – Quentin Meeks, CB, Stanford (i think he falls. Down year last season, and IMO a poor combine performance. Solidly worth a developmental pick.)

Round 7 (pick 9) – Martez Carter, RB, Grambling State(Only slides this far because of the sheer depth at RB, and a lack of need for RB's across the NFL currently)

Round 7 (pick 22) – Ryan Yurachek, TE, Marshall (underrated TE prospect IMO that sneaks into the 7th.)

I would be fine with this draft, but not sure it's realistic. Some picks seem way too low--Landry, Meeks, Alexander; and some seem too high--Moore. But who knows? Lot of criticism as if people actually know where players will fall! LOL!

Maddog really likes Jewell at LB but many see him as a dud. I trust that MD has much more experience than I do watching college guys, but so do some of the guys who hate Jewell. We'll see on draft weekend!

What I like about your mock--it fills the niners needs really well, and at this point that's all I ask! Thanks for the effort!
Can't see landry lasting that long and I don't see NE moving up for Jackson/mayfield. (See them possibly moving up a couple spots to get Mason Rudolph)

Honestly all the teams that need a QB after us more than likely call teams that are drafting before us to move up.

I could see a small move down if a team like D.C or GB wants Derwin James or Fitz if they're there.

Like a lot of the guys you went after though
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I only have 1 issue. We have no one to get that mandatory 1/2 a yard 1st down when needed. A 7th rounder won't cut it
Originally posted by fan49:
I only have 1 issue. We have no one to get that mandatory 1/2 a yard 1st down when needed. A 7th rounder won't cut it

Juszczyk?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Can't see landry lasting that long and I don't see NE moving up for Jackson/mayfield. (See them possibly moving up a couple spots to get Mason Rudolph)

Honestly all the teams that need a QB after us more than likely call teams that are drafting before us to move up.

I could see a small move down if a team like D.C or GB wants Derwin James or Fitz if they're there.

Like a lot of the guys you went after though

I think if the 49ers pass on Landry, he falls significantly, and ends up drafted in the 20's.

I usually dont like doing trade scenarios for mocks, but this was a fun one to kinda show what a trade back scenarios could still net us.
Share 49ersWebzone