49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 776 users in the forums

1st Round Pick (6th Poll, Post-FA Frenzy, No Trades)

1st Round Pick (6th Poll, Post-FA Frenzy, No Trades)

This is neat to see. Thanks for doing this.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
This is neat to see. Thanks for doing this.

Sure thing! I think the trends are more interesting than any specific poll. The selection of Solomon Thomas really was the impetus for doing this. Some guy who was not considered at all in Dec. became the consensus pick come Apr.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,239
Assuming Nelson Barkley and Chubb are gone and we don't trade down, I would be choosing between Roquan and Landry. I know people say we could trade down and still get Landry. Not sure but I guess that would be the best—unless we pick Roquan. This year's gonna be so interesting cause I can really see great arguments for both (and others)
Harold Landry trending...

Dec. 23rd - 7% (note that at this point, we were still looking at a top-5 pick)
Jan. 5th - 16% (our draft position was either 9 or 10 at this point)
Jan. 23rd - 1% (Josh Jackson getting big interest at this point)
Feb. 14th - 5% (Jackson, Chubb, and Barkley getting lots of votes, Chubb and Barkley eliminated after this poll)
Mar. 6th - 33% (first time a non-Quentin Nelson player appears as the number one choice)
Mar. 19th - 35% (currently)

The story here is that he's been on the radar the whole time. He's definitely behind Chubb, so if Chubb is available he doesn't get interest, and there was about a month where Josh Jackson was hyped (before combine).
I think a lot of people are also basing their selection on who they think will actually be available as opposed to solely on the players you have listed
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think a lot of people are also basing their selection on who they think will actually be available as opposed to solely on the players you have listed

Totally, and honestly, the specific player each person selects is fairly irrelevant. The trends are more telling IMO.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone