LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

Mock mock, who's there

I hate that over the past few years we all saw quality players get drafted and make contributions to their teams, while we sat around waiting for our ACL players to even get on the field 😒. Given that we're expected to be around $100 million in cap space I'm hoping we are aggressive and are able to actually land high quality FA's that will immediately contribute. That being said here's my mock for this year....

[b]R1. QB Mitch Trubisky (wouldn't be my first choice but I'd catch flak if I didn't put him there) I'd go Foster or Thomas then hope Mahomes would be in 2nd round
[b]R2. LB Raekwon McMillan
[b]R3. TE Evan Engram
[b]R4. RB Wayne Gallman
[b]R4#2. EDGE Devonte Fields
[b]R5. WR Carlos Henderson
[b]R6. OT JJ Dielman
[b]R6#2. EDGE Bryan Cox Jr
[b]R7. WR Fred Ross
[b]R7#2. DL DJ Jones
[b]R7#3. LB Jaylen Reeves Maybin

I did this through Fanspeak so I'm more than sure some of these players might be higher or lower come draft day so we'll see.
I love it! Great insights. Addressed all the weaknesses and added a few key pieces.
I also think jalen reeves maybin is going to be a player in this league. The guy is fast and has a good head on his shoulders. If he hadn't gotten so injured I have a feeling he would be much higher come draft day
  • fan49
  • Veteran
who cares about flak. he would never touch my mock. he has more bust potential than anyone. JImmy G has twice the value at 2. If he doesnt someone can show me the evidence saying that. Ill wait
Originally posted by fan49:
who cares about flak. he would never touch my mock. he has more bust potential than anyone. JImmy G has twice the value at 2. If he doesnt someone can show me the evidence saying that. Ill wait

I don't think Trubisky is worth the #2 pick, but Garapollo definitely is not.

The Patriots are asking for similar compensation to what the Eagles got for Sam Bradford. The #2 pick is worth multiples of what the Vikings gave up for Bradford (2017 1st round pick, future conditional 3rd/4th round pick). If the 49ers offered to swap first round picks with the Patriots, the deal would already be done. I'd be shocked if the Browns offer the #12 pick for Garapollo and that's worth less than half of the #2 pick based on the trade value chart. He may not fetch a late first round pick in a trade.
Share 49ersWebzone