LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

UCLA9er Mock Draft

Watson, Trubisky, and Kizer will be the first three QBs to get drafted. Mahomes probably will be the 4th QB to get drafted and he won't pass Houston at pick #25. There's a lot of teams that needs a QB and they will overdraft and reach for QBs in the 1st. I don't mind at all trading back in to the 1st rd ahead of Huston and snatch this kid, his skill set fits very well with Shanahan's offense.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Not remotely realistic enough to critique.

This. Kupp in the 3rd? Mahomes in the 4th? Switzer in the 6th? Nah.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 29, 2017 at 3:29 AM ]
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Watson, Trubisky, and Kizer will be the first three QBs to get drafted. Mahomes probably will be the 4th QB to get drafted and he won't pass Houston at pick #25. There's a lot of teams that needs a QB and they will overdraft and reach for QBs in the 1st. I don't mind at all trading back in to the 1st rd ahead of Huston and snatch this kid, his skill set fits very well with Shanahan's offense.

It's far from a guarantee that 4 QBs go in the first round let alone the first 25 picks. There's a chance that any of the top QBs including Trubisky could fall out of the first round (I don't think all of them will, but I could see only 1-2 QBs taken in the first round). All the suggestions that we have to trade up and pick a QB way before they're projected to be drafted just because there's a chance other teams will take them are a little premature. I wouldn't pick Mahomes in the first round or Peterman in the top 50. If all 5 of those guys get taken in the first 50 picks, there's always next year's draft and we can take a flyer on Davis Webb/Chad Kelly later.

This isn't a one year rebuild and we'll have a top 5-10 pick next year too in case we still need to address the QB position. I'd say there's a better chance than not that one of the top 4 QBs is there at 34 and I'd rather have Mahomes/Watson in the 2nd round than any of these guys at #2. If Watson/Kizer are sitting there at 25, I'd probably make that trade though.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

its too bad those 3 talent wise have about 10 -15 guys ahead of them
Moreau and Switzer are likely to go much higher than round 6.
Appreciate the dialogue and everyone's opinions! I acknowledge that many of these guys probably wont drop this far, but to be honest, studying the draft is far from an exact science. People that do this stuff for a living can't even correctly anticipate the first 15 picks of the draft let alone all 7 rounds lol. That said this was purely for fun, I targeted the players I wanted regardless of if I thought they would actually be there at that spot in the upcoming draft.

Everyone can easily say "So and so wont be there at that spot in the draft, that's crazy." but we see prospects slip all the time for a multitude of reasons. Whether it be because of questions about level of competition, character concerns, injury history, poor combine results, whatever it may be. Just one example, Connor Cook falling last year due to leadership concerns and poor interviews.

I'm not defending this particular mock draft, just speaking on the whole concept of mock drafts in general. Bottom line, who knows whats gonna happen, this is closer to a dream scenario for me rather than what I expect to happen, anyway cheers ya'll
Share 49ersWebzone