There are 177 users in the forums

My '17 Mock Draft

Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No matter who our GM is, I have a very hard time accepting an ILB as their 1st pick. With Mike Williams out there, if they don't trade down, I'd think he'd be the pick. If they do trade down, like others have said, I don't see the Titans as the trading partner. The Jets, much more likely. They have plenty of QB issues and it'd make sense for them to trade up IF they think the guy they really want might be gone before they pick. There are other guys I'd think our new leadership would draft besides Tim Williams. I get many fall in love with Alabama defensive players, but to my knowledge few have really distinguished themselves in the NFL yet. Foster's a very good player, but what about Zach Cunningham...his numbers were consistently off the charts and he's equally adept at covering the pass as he is stopping the run.

I seriously doubt Sutton will still be on the board in the 4th rd...playmaking WR's with size are in high demand. Smith-Schuster's first name is JuJu, BTW. He'd be a great pick, but Williams is the guy to get if they don't trade down. Shanahan will want a big-play, good sized WR...he's coming from Atlanta where he's had Julio Jones, and I'm sure he'd like to have a similar playmaker with the Niners.

I really don't see Kap on the team next year...he's not a WCO guy, at all. I'm not a huge Hoyer fan, but he's played under Shanahan and can run a WCO 'til whomever they draft is ready to start. I like Mahomes, but not sure how quickly he could learn the WCO and be effective. This just isn't a great draft for QB's...at least not guys who're immediate starting material. That's a big reason we're seeing potential trade talk involving both Garrapolo & most recently Cousins.

Corey Davis is a better wr then Mike Williams so if they took Mike Williams with the second pick I'd be very upset
Originally posted by Boldjames:
So to start our no.2 overall pick will be traded to Tennessee for their picks 5 and 18. Our acquired no.5 pick will be traded to Cleveland for their picks 12 and 33. So for our no.2 pick we get picks 12, 18, and 33.

So at pick 12 of round 1 we select...Reuben foster!

Then with pick 18...tim Williams!

With pick 33 and 34 we select...Patrick Mahomes and Jiu-Jitsu Smith Schuster!

In round 3 we select...Pat elflein, who will learn to play center.

In round 4...courtland sutton!

😎😎😎

That's all I got...stay tuned for rounds 5-7

Oh and I think kaepernick would be willing to renegotiate his contract to a team friendly $5 mil..I mean i doubt he can find work anywhere else. Keeps us from having to sign Brian Hoyer🙄. If harbaugh had kaep balling then I'm sure shanahan can scheme something up for the kid. Plus kaep and Mahomes share a similar run and gun style. And I feel kaep kneeling is a part of liberal San Francisco culture that Jed York keeps talking about

Brian Hoyers last 16 games
64.5 comp %
25 passing TD
7 interceptions
Over 4000 passing yards

Everyone wants to hate on Hoyer and I just don't get it he's not a bad quarterback and he's definitely better then what's been here!
There is NO franchise qb's or hints of franchise qb's, those NO teams will give uip a kings ransom to move to the 2nd pick in the draft.
The ONLY trade I would see is if Chicago, Buffalo, or the Jets wanted a certain qb they might trade their first round pick and their second to move up a few spots.

I would trade down in a heart beat to stay in the top 10 and get another top 40 pick. Other than that, take the qb you want to develop
Originally posted by 9erred:
There is NO franchise qb's or hints of franchise qb's, those NO teams will give uip a kings ransom to move to the 2nd pick in the draft.
The ONLY trade I would see is if Chicago, Buffalo, or the Jets wanted a certain qb they might trade their first round pick and their second to move up a few spots.

I would trade down in a heart beat to stay in the top 10 and get another top 40 pick. Other than that, take the qb you want to develop

Patrick Mahomes😎😎😎
Originally posted by Boldjames:
So to start our no.2 overall pick will be traded to Tennessee for their picks 5 and 18. Our acquired no.5 pick will be traded to Cleveland for their picks 12 and 33. So for our no.2 pick we get picks 12, 18, and 33.

So at pick 12 of round 1 we select...Reuben foster!

Then with pick 18...tim Williams!

With pick 33 and 34 we select...Patrick Mahomes and Jiu-Jitsu Smith Schuster!

In round 3 we select...Pat elflein, who will learn to play center.

In round 4...courtland sutton!

😎😎😎

That's all I got...stay tuned for rounds 5-7

Oh and I think kaepernick would be willing to renegotiate his contract to a team friendly $5 mil..I mean i doubt he can find work anywhere else. Keeps us from having to sign Brian Hoyer🙄. If harbaugh had kaep balling then I'm sure shanahan can scheme something up for the kid. Plus kaep and Mahomes share a similar run and gun style. And I feel kaep kneeling is a part of liberal San Francisco culture that Jed York keeps talking about

Eflien is a center!
With all those trades I would've went with

Corey Davis
Derek Barnett/Takkarist McKinley
Patrick Mahomes
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who the hell are the Titans moving up for to give up two firsts?

Last I saw Sutton said he was staying in college, if rather sign Hoyer who already knows the offense and will be cheaper (and less of a headache) then kap.

I made the same mistake with my first mock. Now that I'm thinking about it, the Titans may give up 2 picks to get Mike Williams at WR, but that is a long shot. They could stand pat at 5 and still get him or Corey Davis later at #18.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Who the hell are the Titans moving up for to give up two firsts?

Last I saw Sutton said he was staying in college, if rather sign Hoyer who already knows the offense and will be cheaper (and less of a headache) then kap.

I made the same mistake with my first mock. Now that I'm thinking about it, the Titans may give up 2 picks to get Mike Williams at WR, but that is a long shot. They could stand pat at 5 and still get him or Corey Davis later at #18.

No way they do that IMO, they need secondary help as much or even more than a WR.
Resign: WR Kerley, WR Streeter, OG Tiller, NT Purcell, ILB Hodges, ILB Armstrong, S Cromartie, OLB Rush, QB Ponder

Free agency: Targets should include ILB Zach Brown, OLB Melvin Ingram, CB Trumaine Johnson, OG Ron Leary, (I would pursue WR Pryor, but now if CLE tags him)

Unfortunately our #2 probably will not fetch us much with this years draft class, but I have been looking a different solution. Lets target the Jets at 6. 6 is worth 1600 and 2 is 2600 on the value charts. What if we trade #2 for the Jets #6, DE/DT Sheldon Richardson and a round 2 in 2018. The Jets need to unload some cap space and they could take the top quarterback ahead of the Bears so this could be a good move for them. This would be approximately the same value as #2 if you think Richardson in a 2nd round value. He can fill the void between Buckner and Armstead, since we are unsure about Ian Williams injury history. With #6 we can address either WR with Mike Williams or ILB with Foster. I like ILB Foster at # 6 , WR Schuster or WR Engram at # 34, C Pocic or C Elfein or C Fuller at #66, QB Mahomes or TE Butt at #107, OT Skipper at #144(comp), OLB/SS Harvey-Clemons at #148, WR Rudolph at #158 (Redskins trade), RB Pumphrey at #187, K Gonzalez at #204 (trade with Broncos), CB Moreau at #222 and TE Plinke or WR Etta Tawo at #223.

No big name QB this year. See what Ponder can do with these tools under Shanahan's guidance. Potentially add Hoyer to compete with Ponder.
[ Edited by DOC49 on Jan 23, 2017 at 8:56 PM ]
Originally posted by DOC49:
Resign: WR Kerley, WR Streeter, OG Tiller, NT Purcell, ILB Hodges, ILB Armstrong, S Cromartie, OLB Rush, QB Ponder

Free agency: Targets should include ILB Zach Brown, OLB Melvin Ingram, CB Trumaine Johnson, OG Ron Leary, (I would pursue WR Pryor, but now if CLE tags him)

Unfortunately our #2 probably will not fetch us much with this years draft class, but I have been looking a different solution. Lets target the Jets at 6. 6 is worth 1600 and 2 is 2600 on the value charts. What if we trade #2 for the Jets #6, DE/DT Sheldon Richardson and a round 2 in 2018. The Jets need to unload some cap space and they could take the top quarterback ahead of the Bears so this could be a good move for them. This would be approximately the same value as #2 if you think Richardson in a 2nd round value. He can fill the void between Buckner and Armstead, since we are unsure about Ian Williams injury history. With #6 we can address either WR with Mike Williams or ILB with Foster. I like ILB Foster at # 6 , WR Schuster or WR Engram at # 34, C Pocic or C Elfein or C Fuller at #66, QB Mahomes or TE Butt at #107, OT Skipper at #144(comp), OLB/SS Harvey-Clemons at #148, WR Rudolph at #158 (Redskins trade), RB Pumphrey at #187, K Gonzalez at #204 (trade with Broncos), CB Moreau at #222 and TE Plinke or WR Etta Tawo at #223.

No big name QB this year. See what Ponder can do with these tools under Shanahan's guidance. Potentially add Hoyer to compete with Ponder.

😎😎😎

Share 49ersWebzone