There are 183 users in the forums

Final Mock Until After Combine

• dj43
Some folks do not like Brock, however, he is ranked #26 in the league. He is just behind Josh Norman and Jaylen Ramsey. I don't think you cut him before camp. Just my opinion.
  • dj43
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Armstrong's contract has already been extended.

Zeitler's not a ZBS guy...don't see the fit there. Only guy I can see spending big bucks on is Brandon Williams. He's exactly what we need at NT. I get Bouye's a good CB, but he only started 11 of Houston's 16 games this last season...I doubt the Niners will want to shell out $11M a season for him. That said, why not sign a TE...like Jack Doyle. Our TE corps isn't exactly stellar. In Shanahan's WCO, you need a reliable TE who can get open and move the chains. DeMarco's a good FB, but why not go for the best, Juszczyk? Why not sign a RB...it's a huge part of KS' WCO...maybe Whittaker (to take some pounding from Hyde) or Dunbar, an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

Your trades take us from likely 11 picks to only 7...I don't see the value in that. If our new GM decides to trade down it should be for more picks this draft...there are plenty of needs/positions to fill.

I like Mahomes, too, but he's not a 1st rd pick, IMHO. Again, the value of trading down is to acquire more high picks...I'd say Mahomes is maybe late 2nd/early 3rd. Kamara's been hurt a good deal...another option is McNichols, who's not only a terrific runner, but is an outstanding receiver. Coley's smallish...has speed, but I'd favor Miss. St's Fred Ross, if you're waiting 'til the 4th rd to get a WR. Personally, I wouldn't wait that long...not with the likes of Mike Williams, Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster, et al in this draft. We don't have a big WR who'll fight for the ball. Garcon's a nice addition, but any of the guys I just mentioned would give whoever's our QB much better WR options.

Overall, I surely wouldn't say it's the worst mock I've seen, but I do believe you may want to rethink your draft trades...to garner more high picks. Also, I didn't see an ILB at all...that's a need, since both Bowman & Ray Ray are coming off the IRL. You show Foster on your roster, but where is he in your draft? What about S? Do you believe Reid & Tartt are good enough? I'm not sure they are. If nothing else, after cutting Bethea, Shanahan will need some S depth. Jury's out that Ward is stout enough to play S in this league.

Houston isn't going to let Bouye walk. He was top 5 in the games he played.

I agree ILB is a big need.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Armstrong's contract has already been extended.

Zeitler's not a ZBS guy...don't see the fit there. Only guy I can see spending big bucks on is Brandon Williams. He's exactly what we need at NT. I get Bouye's a good CB, but he only started 11 of Houston's 16 games this last season...I doubt the Niners will want to shell out $11M a season for him. That said, why not sign a TE...like Jack Doyle. Our TE corps isn't exactly stellar. In Shanahan's WCO, you need a reliable TE who can get open and move the chains. DeMarco's a good FB, but why not go for the best, Juszczyk? Why not sign a RB...it's a huge part of KS' WCO...maybe Whittaker (to take some pounding from Hyde) or Dunbar, an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

Your trades take us from likely 11 picks to only 7...I don't see the value in that. If our new GM decides to trade down it should be for more picks this draft...there are plenty of needs/positions to fill.

I like Mahomes, too, but he's not a 1st rd pick, IMHO. Again, the value of trading down is to acquire more high picks...I'd say Mahomes is maybe late 2nd/early 3rd. Kamara's been hurt a good deal...another option is McNichols, who's not only a terrific runner, but is an outstanding receiver. Coley's smallish...has speed, but I'd favor Miss. St's Fred Ross, if you're waiting 'til the 4th rd to get a WR. Personally, I wouldn't wait that long...not with the likes of Mike Williams, Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster, et al in this draft. We don't have a big WR who'll fight for the ball. Garcon's a nice addition, but any of the guys I just mentioned would give whoever's our QB much better WR options.

Overall, I surely wouldn't say it's the worst mock I've seen, but I do believe you may want to rethink your draft trades...to garner more high picks. Also, I didn't see an ILB at all...that's a need, since both Bowman & Ray Ray are coming off the IRL. You show Foster on your roster, but where is he in your draft? What about S? Do you believe Reid & Tartt are good enough? I'm not sure they are. If nothing else, after cutting Bethea, Shanahan will need some S depth. Jury's out that Ward is stout enough to play S in this league.

Thanks for your opinions, aftet the combine and pro days I really think Mahomes will be a late 1st rd pick..I also think Williams and Davis are gone in the top 15 picks..I like Ross too out of Miss state, as for ILB I trade Washington a pick for Foster bc Cravens is ready to start with Compton..trading for him and resigning Hodges gives great depth..as for S idk what the plan is for Ward but if him and Reid start then Tartt backs up both, maybe resign Cromartie but in no way do they keep Bethea, he was responsible for a lot of missed tackles and beat a lot too..Oh yeah I like Doyle a lot and would love to have him and McDonald at TE..I also feel Zeitler can make the change to ZBS, he's athletic for a big man..and other then Gilmore Bouye is the youngest and best CB out there, plus cutting Brock's and his almost 5 million can go towards that 11 million Bouye gets..so basically signing him for 6..fact is there are so many ways to go which is not a good thing, just means there are so many needs and holes to fill its difficult to cover them all lol but again thanks for your opinions
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 19, 2017 at 6:08 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Some folks do not like Brock, however, he is ranked #26 in the league. He is just behind Josh Norman and Jaylen Ramsey. I don't think you cut him before camp. Just my opinion.

Last year Brock and bethea were beat every week..years before last he played a lot better, so maybe your right he just had a bad year but it changed my mind about him..
[ Edited by jersey49er on Jan 19, 2017 at 6:11 PM ]
Kamara looks like Jamaal Charles. Beast.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Kamara looks like Jamaal Charles. Beast.

Yeah man, he's going to be good..good comparison too..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
ok well again I was wrong, I think I'm done guessing coaches bc I'm forever wrong..so Shanahan is the coach and I'm not guessing his staff, but I'm expecting and hoping the defensive scheme stays in a 3-4..so he we go again until after the combine..

Cuts

KAP
Brooks
Brock
Bethea

Resign

Streater
Hodges
Armstrong
Dorsey
Harris
Kerley

Free Agents

NT Brandon Williams- 5 YRS 40 MILLION
OG Kevin Zeitler- 4 YRS 40 MILLION
WR Pierre Garcon- 2 YRS 16 MILLION
QB Brian Hoyer- 1 YR 4 YR MILLION
CB AJ Bouye 4 YRS 44 MILLION
FB Patrick Dimarco 2 yrs 3 MILLION
OG Tom Compton 1 yr vet min

TRADES

49ers trade their 2nd, 4th (comp), 6th and next yrs 5th rd pick to move back into the late 1st round
49ers trade their 5th round pick to the redskins for ILB Mason Foster

2017 NFL DRAFTS

Round 1- OLB Myles Garrett
Round 1-QB Patrick Mahomes
Round 3-RB Alvin Kamara
Round 4-WR Stacy Coley
Round 5-OT Dan Skipper
Round 7-K Zane Gonzalez
Round 7-CB Howard Wilson

not a 53

Hoyer-Mahomes
Hyde-Kamara-Harris
Dimarco
Mcdonald-Celek-Bell
Garcon-Smith-Kerley-Coley-Ellington-Streater-
Staley-Skipper
Zeitler-Compton
Beadles-Kilgore
Garnett-
Brown-Theus

AA-Dial
Williams-Dorsey
Buckner-Blair
Lynch-Tank
Bowman-Hodges-Skov
Foster-Armstrong
Garrett-Harold
Bouye-Robinson-Redmond-DJ-Reaser-Wilson
Ward-
Reid-Tartt

Nelson
Pinion
Gonzalez

Wished people would get Myles Garrett out of their head. He's getting picked number one overall all in the draft
Originally posted by okieniner:
ok well again I was wrong, I think I'm done guessing coaches bc I'm forever wrong..so Shanahan is the coach and I'm not guessing his staff, but I'm expecting and hoping the defensive scheme stays in a 3-4..so he we go again until after the combine..

Cuts

KAP
Brooks
Brock
Bethea

Resign

Streater
Hodges
Armstrong
Dorsey
Harris
Kerley

Free Agents

TRADES

49ers trade their 2nd, 4th (comp), 6th and next yrs 5th rd pick to move back into the late 1st round

2017 NFL DRAFTS

Round 3-RB Alvin Kamara
Round 4-WR Stacy Coley
Round 5-OT Dan Skipper
Round 7-K Zane Gonzalez
Round 7-CB Howard Wilson

not a 53

Hoyer-Mahomes
Hyde-Kamara-Harris
Dimarco
Mcdonald-Celek-Bell
Staley-Skipper
Zeitler-Compton
Beadles-Kilgore
Garnett-
Brown-Theus

AA-Dial
Williams-Dorsey
Buckner-Blair
Lynch-Tank
Bowman-Hodges-Skov
Foster-Armstrong
Garrett-Harold
Ward-
Reid-Tartt

Nelson
Pinion
Gonzalez

Wished people would get Myles Garrett out of their head. He's getting picked number one overall all in the draft

It's not crazy there is a chance Hue falls in love with a QB.. The man has to feel the pressure to win and the QB play on the roster still doesn't win games..
Originally posted by okieniner:

Cuts

KAP
Brooks
Brock
Bethea

Resign

Streater
Hodges
Armstrong
Dorsey
Harris
Kerley

Free Agents

TRADES

2017 NFL DRAFTS

Round 3-RB Alvin Kamara
Round 4-WR Stacy Coley
Round 5-OT Dan Skipper
Round 7-K Zane Gonzalez
Round 7-CB Howard Wilson

not a 53

Hoyer-Mahomes
Hyde-Kamara-Harris
Dimarco
Mcdonald-Celek-Bell
Staley-Skipper
Zeitler-Compton
Beadles-Kilgore
Garnett-
Brown-Theus

AA-Dial
Williams-Dorsey
Buckner-Blair
Lynch-Tank
Bowman-Hodges-Skov
Foster-Armstrong
Garrett-Harold
Ward-
Reid-Tartt

Nelson
Pinion
Gonzalez

It's not crazy there is a chance Hue falls in love with a QB.. The man has to feel the pressure to win and the QB play on the roster still doesn't win games..

For the Browns and both of their 1st round picks will pick him no matter what. Garrett is a sure bet. Hue is smarter than that. Give up on the doubts...... be realistic . Browns have enough ammo with cap space and draft picks.. They won't pass up talent that would be so beneficial.
I think we need to concentrate on 1 or 2 top flight free agents. Like Poe and Perry! If we could get them guys we could go heavy on offense. Then we can try to hit on a few middle free agents.

Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
I think we need to concentrate on 1 or 2 top flight free agents. Like Poe and Perry! If we could get them guys we could go heavy on offense. Then we can try to hit on a few middle free agents.

Poe would be great but he should be more expensive then Williams..and Perry had a great year but I think hes definitely going to be resigned, Packers wont lose both Peppers and Perry..but say if its Williams and Ingram then I agree go heavy on offense..
Originally posted by valrod33:
This should be your last mock ever. I've seen a lot of mock drafts and this might be the worst I've ever seen

Chill brah

I would be pumped if this came true. Well done
Originally posted by ChipKelly:
Originally posted by valrod33:
This should be your last mock ever. I've seen a lot of mock drafts and this might be the worst I've ever seen

Chill brah

I would be pumped if this came true. Well done

Thanks
Pat mahomes😎😎😎
Share 49ersWebzone