There are 205 users in the forums

Jalen Hurd-IR-Baylor is waived

Originally posted by kezar49er:
Too many other needs, don't understand the pick. Another KS love fest that won't work out.!

A little early to say it won't work out man.
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by bud49:
I watched this young man in high school and in college while at UT. Very good athlete not blazing speed but good. One problem I had with him he quit on his team while at UT it started in the Georgia game, he transferred from UT and went to Baylor. I hope he has matured since then.

He wanted to play receiver, Butch Jones wasn't having it.

I remember he was show boating going into the end zone and got ear holed by a Georgia defender, then refused to go back in the game when asked. Like I said I hope he has grown up, personally I don't like the pick. But then again that doesn't matter anyway.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers fans wanted a BIG WR, they got one now. This dude spent most of his career as a RB, was a pretty good one, had a really good year as he transitioned WR, kind of an odd pick but there is a lot for Kyle to work with.

Wow,no wonder. When I was looking at the highlights, was thinking,hey he's pretty shifty after the catch. Former RB.

s**t, add some weight, dude could be a TE

Or not. He's fine at that size for every role Kyle needs.
Originally posted by PassRush:
This pick is awesome great versatility and will be schemed love it plays multiple positions. Trade Goodwin for a later pick now.

Goodwin's days are numbered.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by kezar49er:
Too many other needs, don't understand the pick. Another KS love fest that won't work out.!

So when do you start working for an NFL team?

Kyle knows what he is doing.

No one is perfect at drafting. You do your best.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Not sure what to think about this pick. Seems like too much of a luxury to take a project WR in the 3rd, especially when our CB and S corps are in absolute shambles.

Played ONE year at WR, has been injured multiple times, and had knee surgery in december. No way he should have been picked top of the third.
Hope it works out. But wf are we doing. Throwing 3rd rd picks at projects like dollar bills in a strip club.
[ Edited by FastEddyD on Apr 26, 2019 at 7:00 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
49ers fans wanted a BIG WR, they got one now. This dude spent most of his career as a RB, was a pretty good one, had a really good year as he transitioned WR, kind of an odd pick but there is a lot for Kyle to work with.

Wow,no wonder. When I was looking at the highlights, was thinking,hey he's pretty shifty after the catch. Former RB.

s**t, add some weight, dude could be a TE

Or not. He's fine at that size for every role Kyle needs.

I still think Goodwin has a place in this offense.
Just needs to play a full year, unfortunate that he has had so much personal tragedy. You have to feel for the guy.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by KittleSkittle:
Not sure what to think about this pick. Seems like too much of a luxury to take a project WR in the 3rd, especially when our CB and S corps are in absolute shambles.

Played ONE year at WR, has been injured multiple times, and had knee surgery in december. No way he should have been picked top of the third.

Ghost of Baalke is real
I guess people can't say they didn't address the WR position.

Great pick. He can used as a TE on passing downs to create match up issues and as jump ball pass catcher in the red zone. If he develops, he can be a match up nightmare for teams. He can run and catch. He can do so much, potentially.
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by NTeply49:
I hate this pick. Where the f**k does he fit in? 4th or 5th wide out? 3d tight end? H back? Practice squad? Fml

End zone threat. He is a natural hands catcher, and runs like a rb. But is 6-5. My favorite pick.

Better fullback than Juice?
Better tight end than kittle?
Good back up tight end?
Starting wide receiver?
Starting RB?

My answer is no to all of these. f**k this noise
https://fansided.com/2018/07/13/jalen-hurd-on-track-2019-nfl-combine-workout-warrior/

Hurd squatted more than 500 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash consistently in the 4.4-second range, posted a 40-inch vertical jump and ran 20-yard shuttles of 3.8 and 3.9 seconds. For some context, as cited by Hayes, the best vertical jump at this year's NFL Combine was 41.5 inches and the recent best at the combine in the 20-yard shuttle was 3.81.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Might be trying to replicate the two TE sets like in NE for Garoppolo (Gronkowski/Hernandez).

You can flex this guy out everywhere. Teams won't know if it's a run or pass.

Deebo will be inside a lot too.

I was wondering if they are thinking of using him in 2 tight end sets. They may feel he can add another 10 or 15 lbs. At that size with 4.65 speed he could be a real weapon opposite Kittle.
10 and a half inch hands.....

y'all see the trend yet?
Share 49ersWebzone