There are 152 users in the forums

Randy Moss thread

Originally posted by 49Fever:
Well randy you're so clever you just missed on your final opportunity to win the SB
What is randy moss right now ? A lost goat without a ring that just spit in the soup

49Fever is speaking the truth and nothing but the truth...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i could care less what he said about jerry rice during super bowl week. jerry rice was a idiot for those two weeks and was trying really hard to make himself a story leading up to the game. In regards to moss not coming back, i am not shocked nor do i really care. For 99 per cent of the year he was a model team mate and was respectable in terms of production, far more than what we would have got from owens and far more than what we got from jenkins. Moss had to pick the worst time to give half an effort in regards to the super bowl but in the end what the hell,, he played like the entire defense did in the game. i am glad they signed him, he was a good coach for the kids, he did not give a good effort in the super bowl, like many of our players, so now he is gone and he means nothing to me. alex is the only x niner i will keep track of moving forward
No point in keeping him. His best days are in the rear view mirror.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows

There's been no talk btw Moss @RandyMoss: Wished we could've finished the job!!thanks for the opportunity an good luck in the future 9ers"

... Between Moss and the 49ers to this point.

I think we all got what most expected out of the signing. His biggest asset to us was as a decoy.
dropsy in SB
Move on down the line. Randy - you're one and done.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I think we all got what most expected out of the signing. His biggest asset to us was as a decoy.

plus he did not start any trouble amongst team mates or with the cafeteria food and he was a good coach for the kids. he did everything well untill the superbowl when he did not give a good effort, kind of like the entire defense of the team
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
Eh, the tone of a lot of the articles out there seems to indicate that even though he was projecting that he turned over a new leaf to the press....he was the same old egocentric Randy behind closed doors. If that's the case...he can feel free to not let the door hit him in the ass on the way out.

Kinda saw his old side coming out during the Super Bowl press week, best to cut ties now before it gets bad
Funny how Moss is considered on his best behavior just because he isn't a pain in the a$$ in general and he treats young players well, like that's something special.
[ Edited by NorthNiner on Mar 3, 2013 at 10:05 AM ]
Does anybody know if he called a local SF radio station to criticize the organization under an assumed name?
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Move on down the line. Randy - you're one and done.

i bet he gets a 1 yr deal with another team

I bet the Seahawks will pick him up
figured this much
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by kap2crab:
If we're not even gonna offer a vet minimum contract to he guy, I wonder why Harbaugh went out of his way to talk about wanting him on team next year.

Harbs also braged about Alex all the time and played golf with him, then benches him, he is good at not showing his hand, he gives you no indication of his motives
Plus I think Harbs also genuinely cares about his players so he normally gives them props whether they are staying on the team or not. I suppose he acts as a reference on thier behalf to give them the opportunity to play elsewhere or perhaps get the contract that the niners aren't willing to give in some instances.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Why is this such a big deal? He's just a #3 WR moving on to another team or retirement. He hasn't been impactful for years... plural. Media acting like it's still 2007.

Teams are not falling over themselves to sign this guy.
Good riddance! Guy is just collecting paychecks.
Share 49ersWebzone