There are 123 users in the forums

Guard Chester Pitts

Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
On Sirius yesterday, they were talking about how Detroit is going to make a BIG push for him. He may never make it onto the plane to come out. Perhaps Carr's call to him will help motivate him? That, and the free oboe autographed by Sing.

Hopefully Carr's call to him will motivate him to come here.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
From Houston beat writers chat today:

If Chester Pitts is healthy, don't the Texans have to re-sign him?

John McClain: Chester isn't healthy. He's visiting the 49ers and Lions this week. He's hoping the Bengals are itnerested. Even though he's a FA, he's the team's player rep, so he's been in Hawaii at the union meetings. He told me recently he should be healthy between May 1 and June 1. As long as he's healthy by July 1, he'll get a good job. I think teams want to kick his tires now, and then they'll return. He says the Texans have shown interest. The Texans have at G right now Studdard, Smith, Brisiel, Caldwell and White.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Does anybody know what day is he going to come in for a visit?

Thursday.

hope he listens to Carr & signs over here we need depth at Guard
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by elguapo:
That doesn't help...el guapo i not pleased

How does he not help?

He had 114 consecutive starts before he got injured last season.

but how good of a starter is he?

Right now middle of the road. However, if the 49ers sign him NT will have him as a perennial pro bowler (at least until after training camp).
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

How does he not help?

but how good of a starter is he?

Right now middle of the road. However, if the 49ers sign him NT will have him as a perennial pro bowler (at least until after training camp).

yep. And after the first TC practice, NT will be calling for him to be cut outright (DOOD! HEZ GARBIGE, NOT BEAST!) and b***hing about the $2M in guaranteed that he got.
when did Carr contact him?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
His nick name would be ArmPitts.
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

Yesterday, IIRC. Carr mentioned it during either his PC or his appearance on the local radio station.

Yesterday, IIRC. Carr mentioned it during either his PC or his appearance on the local radio station.

i wouldnt mind him at LG. hed be an upgrade over bass. but just by a bit.

Only if Pitts fully recovers from micorfracture surgery. We all remember what happened to Jeremy Newberry.
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Mar 16, 2010 at 8:01 PM ]

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

Only if Pitts fully recovers from micorfracture surgery. We all remember what happened to Jeremy Newberry.

exactly what I was thinking

How does he not help?

sorry i'm still your huckleberry....i was referring to Eddie75, he was being vague.

Pitts would be an upgrade over both guards we have....let's hope Carr can convince him to sign with us, along with some $$$ from the niners
He better be healthy. We don't need to be signing any broken down, injured, washed up O-Linemen.
I wonder how this whole McCloughan fiasco is going to impact Pitts' visit. He's scheduled to visit today, right?

I know a free agent guard is small potatoes compared to the loss of a GM, but Pitts may be the best we're going to do this free agency. I hate to see an opportunity squandered...
Originally posted by Zephyr:
I wonder how this whole McCloughan fiasco is going to impact Pitts' visit. He's scheduled to visit today, right?

I know a free agent guard is small potatoes compared to the loss of a GM, but Pitts may be the best we're going to do this free agency. I hate to see an opportunity squandered...

Welcome to the Webzone Zephyr.

Yes, the McCloughan fall out could impart his visit. Although if the niners front office still wants to meet with him they will.

The fact Pitts is still available means either his asking price is too high or teams are shying away and looking towards the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone