LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 236 users in the forums

FF Championship in week 18 - fair or foul?

• 91til
  • Veteran
Yo guys, I've been commishing my friends league for awhile now, actually gave the keys to my other homie this year but we kept most of the rules or voted on a few changes, the topic of my thread is this:

Last year with 12 teams we experimented with a 6 team playoff. It was 1 week matchups and championship was week 16 (second to last week of the year).

a few guys complained loudly about one week matchups in the playoffs as in previous years we'd used the ESPN default: 4 teams make playoffs, two week matchups, championship goes to final week of season…

so this year we went back to that format, 10 teams, 4 playoff teams and two week matchups, and I'm actually in the championship, and the guy I'm playing has Rodgers and Burrow as his QBs and neither of them are gonna play much, so he's starting Tannehill this week, lol… Since I'm down by 30 going into this weekend (he also has Chase ) I'm not complaining.

but I know generally a lot of people don't like playing fantasy the last week before the playoffs since so many stars rest / don't play as much. I guess my question specifically is, is there any way to have two week playoff matchups and also not play Week 18? I guess the simplest thing would be to just move the playoffs up a week. Just wanted to know what others of you prefer or what opinions are on this
Hey there!

It's great to hear that you're actively involved in managing your friends' league and exploring different playoff formats. As for your question, I understand the concern about playing fantasy during the last week of the regular season when many star players rest or have reduced playing time.

One possible solution to have two-week playoff matchups without playing in Week 18 could be to simply move the entire playoff schedule up by a week. By starting the playoffs a week earlier, you can ensure that the championship is held before Week 18, mitigating the impact of player rest.

However, it's important to consider the preferences of all league members before making any changes. Maybe you could create a poll or have an open discussion to gather everyone's opinions on this matter. Each league has its unique dynamics, and it's crucial to find a consensus that works for everyone.

Good luck in your championship matchup, by the way! Hopefully, your opponent's decision to start Tannehill works in your favor. If you need any more advice or have other questions, feel free to ask. Happy webcam!
Share 49ersWebzone