LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 392 users in the forums

Draft strategy

Draft strategy

Obviously you should adjust your approach to how a particular draft is playing out but ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL how would you approach the draft this year given the players and the position depth. For the sake of this poll let's say it's a
12 person 1 ppr
1QB
2RB
3WR
1TE
1flex
I've noticed that picks 7, 8, and 9 are good slots to have this year. I don't like the 1-2 turn this year because you are forced to go 2 WR or WR-TE. Taking a RB at the 1-2 turn puts you most likely at the #8 RB and then you must take and RB at 3-4 turn. At this point, you have a 2nd tier WR, a 2nd tier RB and a big drop-off at RB2 and WR2.

At picks 8-9, you at least get a top tier WR.

I can't ever get myself to pick Kelce that early. Sucks being behind the 8-ball. There's fast drop off at WR after the 3rd round.
Originally posted by Joecool:
I've noticed that picks 7, 8, and 9 are good slots to have this year. I don't like the 1-2 turn this year because you are forced to go 2 WR or WR-TE. Taking a RB at the 1-2 turn puts you most likely at the #8 RB and then you must take and RB at 3-4 turn. At this point, you have a 2nd tier WR, a 2nd tier RB and a big drop-off at RB2 and WR2.

At picks 8-9, you at least get a top tier WR.

I can't ever get myself to pick Kelce that early. Sucks being behind the 8-ball. There's fast drop off at WR after the 3rd round.

yes sir they have been
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I always take best player available first and worry about team need/fit second.

If it comes down to reaching for a second RB or nabbing a more reliable third/flex WR, I will take the WR.

Value, value, value. I feel like this is an easier approach in snake drafts, it gets tougher in Auction drafts. It doesn't always work out that well. Sometimes it pays to pay big on certain players.
Share 49ersWebzone