LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 183 users in the forums

Webzone Meh Fantasy League Season 7 Rubber is the Champ

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Still think it would be a miracle. You know you are in trouble when you pick up 3 FAs for the finals and will likely start them all.

lmao.

Honestly, playoffs are a crap shoot. Look at how many teams scored s**t for points the last 2 weeks. Winter football and injuries late in the year just change s**t and ends up not being about who had the best year.

I personally wish all fantasy leagues were league champs over playoffs.

baseball for example: my $ league this year I finished 1st in the league for the season. PLayoffs I ended up finishing 3rd. But the last week it wasn't about who had the better team, it was about who could wake up at 3 am and drop the pitchers who just pitched and pick up the best one starting that day that was a free agent. It was exhausting. Me and this dude battling at 3 am for FAs. f**king intense. And stupid.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Still think it would be a miracle. You know you are in trouble when you pick up 3 FAs for the finals and will likely start them all.

lmao.

Honestly, playoffs are a crap shoot. Look at how many teams scored s**t for points the last 2 weeks. Winter football and injuries late in the year just change s**t and ends up not being about who had the best year.

baseball for example: my $ league this year I finished 1st in the league for the season. PLayoffs I ended up finishing 3rd. But the last week it wasn't about who had the better team, it was about who could wake up at 3 am and drop the pitchers who just pitched and pick up the best one starting that day that was a free agent. It was exhausting. Me and this dude battling at 3 am for FAs. f**king intense. And stupid.

I wont do H2H in baseball at least in money leagues. I prefer roto leagues where the best team in 5 hitting and 5 pitching categories over the entire season is rewarded.

You could do football where half.the pot goes to regular season and half to playoffs. But, the entry fee would need to be raised substantially to make it worthwhile
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

lmao.

I wont do H2H in baseball at least in money leagues. I prefer roto leagues where the best team in 5 hitting and 5 pitching categories over the entire season is rewarded.

You could do football where half.the pot goes to regular season and half to playoffs. But, the entry fee would need to be raised substantially to make it worthwhile

But would it be best regular season record or most overall points? Personally I'm just fine with the way we have it now.
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Im in one league that awards the highest scorer the same as the winner of the league.

Im all for highest scorer getting same amount as 2nd place but the winner should get AT LEAST 50% of the pot.

$1200 pot.

600 winner
250 high scorer
250 2nd place
100 3rd place.

Truthfully id be alright with 3rd place not getting anything.

Here's how i would like it.

1200 pot

600 winner
250 highest scorer regular season
250 2nd place
100 highest scorer any single week (all 17)

This keeps everyone interested all 17 weeks for a chance to get their money back all season.

In my one league im playing in the ship. I had the 11th WW priority. My opponent had 10th. He was a le to land Jamaal Williams. A HUGE advantage to him. As he just had to stream the jackson dude from chargers but now Gordon's back.

Had the other 10 teams had something to play for he likely wouldn't have gotten the free starting RB
hey, I wasn't saying I was going to change it next year. Just stating my opinion that playoffs are whack. But I know I am in the minority on that.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
f**k Odell
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Garce:
f**k Odell

• Jiks
Lol had a dream that after the early games tomorrow we were tied -.5 to -.5.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jiks:

Would be pretty cool if engram and Jamaal combined for-.5
Originally posted by krizay:

Would be pretty cool if engram and Jamaal combined for-.5

Shut up! LOL

Lamar Miller OUT
Aaron Jones OUT
Todd Gurley Probably OUT

Heck, even Garce could probably beat my team this week.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Shut up! LOL

Lamar Miller OUT
Aaron Jones OUT
Todd Gurley Probably OUT

Heck, even Garce could probably beat my team this week.

My team about to score 170 WATCH
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I also cut Odell, because f**k him. Get off my team.
  • Jiks
I think Garce has a point.

My team is playing terrible while NJ's score is going up every time I look. Absolutely brutal.

Gg John! Congrats!

Ohhh and now Chub gets them within the 5 yard line for the second time and they pass. Then Colts run some scrub at the one in.

I gotta go do something lol. Sorry about the rant. This is surreal.
[ Edited by Jiks on Dec 23, 2018 at 11:02 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Not even half time and I got nearly all the points I scored last week.

f**k fantasy football.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I think Garce has a point.

My team is playing terrible while NJ's score is going up every time I look. Absolutely brutal.

Gg John! Congrats!

Ohhh and now Chub gets them within the 5 yard line for the second time and they pass. Then Colts run some scrub at the one in.

I gotta go do something lol. Sorry about the rant. This is surreal.

No, Rubber was right. He called him out in week 5 or 6. Luckiest team of all time.
Share 49ersWebzone