LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Help! Beginner, where do I start?

• Kombi
  • Veteran
An Aussie here thanks to Hayne. Have always loved fantasy football with Rugby League but it's so different to the NFL one.
With my brother we have joined an NFL Fantasy draft one.
So what im looking for is a webpage, guide or app that I can use to help with understanding how to play and what's the best players I should go for.
I know I've left it to last minute so not looking for a novel of research. Will use this season to learn it and have fun with but still want to have an idea of what's going on.
Draft is in about 9 hours.
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
I'm starting here at the moment.
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/predraftrankings
I can't speak for everyone else. but I usually draft my starting two RB's and one backup first. then WR's. and usually taking QB in the 6th or 7th round. That's for a standard 10 person league.
Originally posted by Kombi:
An Aussie here thanks to Hayne. Have always loved fantasy football with Rugby League but it's so different to the NFL one.
With my brother we have joined an NFL Fantasy draft one.
So what im looking for is a webpage, guide or app that I can use to help with understanding how to play and what's the best players I should go for.
I know I've left it to last minute so not looking for a novel of research. Will use this season to learn it and have fun with but still want to have an idea of what's going on.
Draft is in about 9 hours.

Welcome!

Don't know if I'm too, late, but you generally want to pick up Running Backs and Wide Receivers in the first few rounds. There is enough depth at the Quarterback and Tight End positions for you to wait, unless you get one of the Top 2-3 guys available. That's very general advice, at least.
If anyone named vrabbit or garcia offers you fantasy advice make sure you do the opposite.,

That is winning advice right there.
LOL John always after Garce
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
If anyone named vrabbit or garcia offers you fantasy advice make sure you do the opposite.,

is that so? because I'm pretty sure I've won more money than you in our money league
Originally posted by vrabbit:

is that so? because I'm pretty sure I've won more money than you in our money league

LOL Mr Sensitive.

LOL Mr Sensitive.

ZOMG! I just shut you up

LOL Mr Sensitive.

ZOMG! I just shut you up

Perhaps by a few bucks. But...its all about the rings. You are still looking for that first title.

LOL Mr Sensitive.

ZOMG! I just shut you up

Perhaps by a few bucks. But...its all about the rings. You are still looking for that first title.

that's more like it
to the OP, I'm too late to give you draft advise but let us know who's sitting out on the waiver wire and we may be able to suggest some good pickups
that's more like it

lol.
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
Thanks people, I was in a bit of a panic as I was at work when my brother asked me to join one. I would of got home and had about two hours to research and get into it. Fortunately the draft was put back 12 hours and instead of 1:30am it's now at 1:30pm.
So last night I did some research and did a mock draft. So glad I did as first one I just let it do auto pick from my rankings and it did not work out well, with to many guys from one team and also to many with same bye week. Lesson learnt. I now have about 4 hours to practice some more mock drafts and do more research.
vrabbit thanks, if you do happen on this thread in the next 4 hours or so tips would be awesome. Otherwise I'll post who I draft up later and look for feedback and you can explain the waiver wire to me lol.
  • Kombi
  • Veteran
Also I'm talking 1:30 pm Australian time for my draft. I think the league manager got his time conversions wrong and why he put it back.
The League I joined is called Haynes Fan Club, I figured it would be mainly Aussies with no idea like me.
Share 49ersWebzone