LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Defense Advice

• Baldie
  • Veteran
I was just curious how many of you keep defenses on your roster that you start week to week or do you drop/add defenses each week based on matchups? I have a dilemma, or maybe its not. I have the SF defense and with their bye, I need to drop them or drop another player on my team to pick up a defense. Some have told me SF defense has been middle of the pack so why count on them the rest of the season but I guess I'm just holding out that all the starters come back soon. What would you do?

My Squad
QB - Brees
WR - Crabs, Welker, Benjamin, Hopkins, Jones
RB - Foster, Morris, Jackson, Matthews, Ivory
TE - Witten, Donnell
Def - SF
D - Bethea, Marshall (I drop/add these guys depending on matchups normally)

I'm currenly tied for 1st in our 10 team league but I should be in solo 1st after this weekend.
Drop Donnell
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Drop Donnell

Donnell puts up more points than Witten. And with Cruz out, that's more targets for him. Witten has had only 1 game where he scored over 8.0. Donnell has had 3, and if he hadn't fumbled twice yesterday it would be 4.
The Niners defense is nothing special. You can easily drop them and play matchups.
Go week to week. This week I took Miami in one league and kc in my other 3 and am a happy man ;) if you need to drop a player I say don't drop donnell bc now that Cruz is out his targets will go up and NYG play from behind so he will get a lot of garbage yards.

Welker should be your dropable player
Let me know who available each week for defense and we can come up with some good matchups. Basically any defense playing jax tb maybe the raiders tenn with a rookie qb or nyj is probably a good one
[ Edited by elguapo on Oct 27, 2014 at 8:30 AM ]
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Yeah....SF right now is a droppable defense. I'm considering dropping them this week for Dallas D.
Share 49ersWebzone