There are 271 users in the forums

Andre Johnson

• Baldie
  • Veteran
Is he still a WR1 with Shaub out? Should he still be considered a must start each week?
You have to look at match ups and qbs. At this point he isn't a #1 wr and not sure if he was going into the season.

He might be a #3 or flex play IMO because of his retarded qb play
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I traded him before the season starts because hes not a #1.

Tons of yards, but usually in bunches.... has never scored more than 8 TDs in a year..... and especially the last several he has been injury prone. I traded him in a package for Gio Bernard, which has turned out beautiful
not this year
Not a WR1 anymore. WR2 in PPR leagues and WR3 in non PPR.
His ADP is mid 4th round at the moment. He is going in the same round as Cruz, Garcon, Fitzgerald, Welker, and White.

Johnson had 109 catches and 1,407 yards with 5 TDs and that was with Schaub sucking and a few backup QBS, I think Johnson is going to get solid numbers with Fitzpatrick.

I would take Johnson in the 4th round all day. I also like DeAndre Hopkins as a late round flyer this season.
  • JoRo
  • Veteran
Fitzpatrick is a bad NFL QB, but he's not that bad of a fantasy QB. I think that Andre can still be a WR1, assuming his age hasn't caught up to him and that Hopkins doesn't take all of his targets. I think Hopkins is the biggest obstacle to him being a WR1.
  • Jiks
He screwed me 2 years ago, and I will never draft him again.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

he was pretty damn good for me last year in PPR
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Exactly if he is PPR then he can produce but in a standard format league he has not been relevant the last 3 seasons. He has had just 11 TD's during that span.

Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Exactly if he is PPR then he can produce but in a standard format league he has not been relevant the last 3 seasons. He has had just 11 TD's during that span.

Johnson finished 12th among WRs last year in standard scoring leagues, so he was a low-end WR1 or High-end WR2...I expect more of the same as long as he can stay healthy.

Two years ago he got injured and only played in 7 games, that was only the second time in his 11 seasons that he played less than 13 games. The last two years he has played all 16 games and has had 100+ catches and 1400+ yards.
[ Edited by eamjr10 on Aug 8, 2014 at 10:59 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone