LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

2013-14 "Who should I start?" Thread

Who should I start for week one at tight end?

Fred Davis vs the Eagles
Dwayne Allen vs the Raiders
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Who should I start for week one at tight end?

Fred Davis vs the Eagles
Dwayne Allen vs the Raiders

Davis. Oakland was 5th in the league last year against TE and the Eagles were 26th. I also think Davis is the "Safer" option, because of his history versus Allen's. Dwayne Allen has good upside, but has only one year under his belt. Davis sees plenty of targets each week.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Davis

Pats d or Colts d
Need help with my flex position. 0.5 PPR

Montee Ball vs BAL - I am really high on Montee Ball and think he will be the eventual bell cow back in Denver, but I am pretty adamant that I take a wait and see approach with him. He probably has the best matchup, but he's listed behind Ronnie Hillman on the depth chart, so I'd like to see a game or two in order to determine the carry distribution.

Eddie Lacy @ SF - He is the most likely to be in this spot this most on a week to week basis, but week 1 is a brutal matchup . Odds are high that he does get some red zone carries, and this big fella could punch one in. Even against SF I think he has the highest ceiling this week. Unfortunately, he also has the lowest floor.

Jordy Nelson @ SF - He has been medically cleared and WILL play. The downside is over his career against the 49ers, he's managed these outputs each game:

Playoffs of 2012:5 Rec, 46 Yards, 0 TD
Week 1 of 2012: 5 Rec, 64 Yards, 0 TD
Week 13 of 2010: 2 Rec, 15 Yards, 0 TD
Week 11 of 2009: 3 Rec, 21 Yards, 1 TD

On the plus side, a lot of those games saw Greg Jennings get a majority of the production, so that might bode well for him. I think he has the highest floor and lowest ceiling this week.

Sidney Rice @ CAR - My least favorite option because of that lingering injury, but he'll operate as the #1 this week.

Thoughts?
[ Edited by KaeptainCrush on Sep 4, 2013 at 9:07 AM ]
Originally posted by teeohh:
Davis

Pats d or Colts d

Colts against the Oakland. Terrelle Pryor is their starter, none of their WR is anything special, and Daren McFadden could get injured.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Davis

Pats d or Colts d

Colts IMO
Originally posted by KaeptainCrush:
Need help with my flex position. 0.5 PPR

Montee Ball vs BAL - I am really high on Montee Ball and think he will be the eventual bell cow back in Denver, but I am pretty adamant that I take a wait and see approach with him. He probably has the best matchup, but he's listed behind Ronnie Hillman on the depth chart, so I'd like to see a game or two in order to determine the carry distribution.

Eddie Lacy @ SF - He is the most likely to be in this spot this most on a week to week basis, but week 1 is a brutal matchup . Odds are high that he does get some red zone carries, and this big fella could punch one in. Even against SF I think he has the highest ceiling this week. Unfortunately, he also has the lowest floor.

Jordy Nelson @ SF - He has been medically cleared and WILL play. The downside is over his career against the 49ers, he's managed these outputs each game:

Playoffs of 2012:5 Rec, 46 Yards, 0 TD
Week 1 of 2012: 5 Rec, 64 Yards, 0 TD
Week 13 of 2010: 2 Rec, 15 Yards, 0 TD
Week 11 of 2009: 3 Rec, 21 Yards, 1 TD

On the plus side, a lot of those games saw Greg Jennings get a majority of the production, so that might bode well for him. I think he has the highest floor and lowest ceiling this week.

Sidney Rice @ CAR - My least favorite option because of that lingering injury, but he'll operate as the #1 this week.

Thoughts?

Monte ball
Davis, Pats, and Nelson.

Lacy or Lance Moore in PPR?
Lacy or Mendenhall in standard?
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Davis, Pats, and Nelson.

Lacy or Lance Moore in PPR?
Lacy or Mendenhall in standard?

That's a tough one. I go with Moore in a PPR this week against Washington. They gave up the 2nd most points to WR last year.

Honestly, I probaly go with Lacy against SF, but I have what is probably an irrational disdain for Mendenhall. I just have 0 confidence in him.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Flex -

Eddie Lacy @ San Francisco

Or

Emmanuel Sanders vs Titans

• Dino
  • Veteran
That's a tough one. I go with Moore in a PPR this week against Washington. They gave up the 2nd most points to WR last year.

Honestly, I probaly go with Lacy against SF, but I have what is probably an irrational disdain for Mendenhall. I just have 0 confidence in him.

Against Washington? Eagles play Washington.
Originally posted by Dino:

it's against Atlanta but I'm still leaning towards Moore. What I'm really struggling with is Lacy(SF) vs Mendenhall(STL)
Flex -

Eddie Lacy @ San Francisco

Or

Emmanuel Sanders vs Titans

Sanders
New England DEF @ BUF

Tampa Bay DEF @ NYJ

No, I looked at my matchups wrong. I still go with Moore against PHI.
Share 49ersWebzone