LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 180 users in the forums

PPR, Custom-scoring, Auction-Style, Keeper League Question... AJ Green or Jimmy Graham

PPR, Custom-scoring, Auction-Style, Keeper League Question... AJ Green or Jimmy Graham

Hey guys,

I play in a league with my college buddies, and this will be the 7th year. It is an auction style draft, with scoring biased to volume pass-catching. Also, big bonuses are given for 100+ yds and 200+ yds (300+, 400+, and 500+ for QBs). I have finished in the top 3 four consecutive times, but haven't been able to get over the top... we play in a PPR league (5pts per 5 catches), and QBs are always the highest scorers (my QB was Stafford, but there will be good QBs available).

My question to you guys is: based on a value perspective, is Jimmy Graham or AJ Green the better keeper? I also have Morris and Sproles, but I due to our league rules, Morris' value is diminished and Sproles may be a good PPR player, but he ranks 12 at the RB position. The player who scored the most last year is AJ, but Graham had the most points above baseline. I defined baseline as the 20th ranked player at the position.

Really, it comes down to AJ vs. Graham... who has more value as a keeper? I think with the loss of Hernandez and the possible injury to Gronk, there really aren't too many elite TEs, but I do see Vernon having a stellar year this year... Should I keep AJ and pursue Graham / Vernon / Gronk / Gonzalez or keep Graham and pursue Calvin / AJ / Dez / Brandon? Remember, it's an auction style, so option B may more expensive...
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Graham no question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by teeohh:
Graham no question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks! because you think AJ is overrated or that his value vs. other elite WR is less than Graham vs. other elite TEs?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I think Graham will produce more than Green. You will be going against dudes that have Rudolph or Finley as their TE, Graham is going to outscore them

Graham is in a contract year
Originally posted by teeohh:
I think Graham will produce more than Green. You will be going against dudes that have Rudolph or Finley as their TE, Graham is going to outscore them

Graham is in a contract year

Share 49ersWebzone