LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 381 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League 2013 (vrabbit is the CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by 4ML:
Am I the only one who thinks this trade makes no f**king sense?

does it matter?

I will veto it unless you explain it to me

you're trading away your first rounder for Dan Haren? that's the way I interpret this trade. IT's 1st rounder doesn't come into the equation because that will be used to keep Miggy.

We are swapping 1st round picks and I like how Haren is pitching right now. He gets Turner who is a pretty good young pitcher who he may decide to keep if he continues to pitch at a high level.

I did this trade bc I feel Haren can help me win.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Harvey may be shut down in Sept. I'm just looking for ways to have some experienced pitching on my roster and not bunch of young guys.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
looks like, unless I have a complete meltdown, I'll be hanging on to that #1 seed

Yes. You have been pretty fortunate. But, will you be the #1 team in points scored? That is the true definition of the best team.

I'll be able to sleep just fine if I do win this league

LOL. I will sleep fine either way. I'm just saying that in H2H whether its FB or Baseball ,where you cant control the other team, luck is a major factor. You have been pretty fortunate on playing some teams who have had bad weeks. I mean hell, I have outscored you by over 300 points and you have a FOUR game lead over me. Crazy.

I was down with the luck argument a while ago, but I've been steadily at the top for most of the season now and you're still playing that card. You weren't even the points leader until recently. I'm still 2nd in points anyways.

does it matter?

you're trading away your first rounder for Dan Haren? that's the way I interpret this trade. IT's 1st rounder doesn't come into the equation because that will be used to keep Miggy.

We are swapping 1st round picks and I like how Haren is pitching right now. He gets Turner who is a pretty good young pitcher who he may decide to keep if he continues to pitch at a high level.

so by swapping 1st round picks IT is then not keeping Miggy right?

yeah, that makes sense
looks like, unless I have a complete meltdown, I'll be hanging on to that #1 seed

Yes. You have been pretty fortunate. But, will you be the #1 team in points scored? That is the true definition of the best team.

I'll be able to sleep just fine if I do win this league

LOL. I will sleep fine either way. I'm just saying that in H2H whether its FB or Baseball ,where you cant control the other team, luck is a major factor. You have been pretty fortunate on playing some teams who have had bad weeks. I mean hell, I have outscored you by over 300 points and you have a FOUR game lead over me. Crazy.

I was down with the luck argument a while ago, but I've been steadily at the top for most of the season now and you're still playing that card. You weren't even the points leader until recently. I'm still 2nd in points anyways.

I'm just playing a reality card. Reality is I have had pretty bad luck, 6 losses and 300+ points ahead of the guy who is 16-2. Thats all.

does it matter?

yeah, that makes sense

SO let me get this straight.. You are trading Jacob Turner and your first rd pick for Dan Haren and a 2nd rd pick ( since IT will keep Miggy). Am I correct on this?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

yeah, that makes sense

Why isn't he keeping Miggy? Miggy is tendered for 1st round pick. I'm so confused about what you are saying. As long as ImaMod has a 1st round pick, he can keep Miggy.

does it matter?

yeah, that makes sense

SO let me get this straight.. You are trading Jacob Turner and your first rd pick for Dan Haren and a 2nd rd pick ( since IT will keep Miggy). Am I correct on this?

no. If IT is trading away his 1st he doesn't get to keep Miggy and just give up his 2nd instead, at least that's my understanding of the rules.

and either way it's still a BIZARRO trade. IT shouldn't be trading his picks unless he's getting some pretty damn good players in return, not Jacob f**king Turner
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
It's Dan Haren I'm trading for. If you want to veto it, veto it. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

Turner has an era of under 3 in his first full season.
It's Dan Haren I'm trading for. If you want to veto it, veto it. It doesn't have to make sense to you.

Just trade Haren for Turner and swap picks later in the draft. That will solve the problem.

• 4ML
  • Veteran

Just trade Haren for Turner and swap picks later in the draft. That will solve the problem.

I don't have a problem.

I don't have a problem.

You may be right that there isnt a problem since its simply a flop of first rd picks.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

I don't have a problem.

You may be right that there isnt a problem since its simply a flop of first rd picks.

Exactly. Thank you. Ppl forget that keeping your best players may not be the best strategy. Jacob will be last round eligible. If he pitches well, he can be a potential keeper for someone who doesn't have very exiting pitchers on their roster.

I don't have a problem.

Exactly. Thank you. Ppl forget that keeping your best players may not be the best strategy. Jacob will be last round eligible. If he pitches well, he can be a potential keeper for someone who doesn't have very exiting pitchers on their roster.

I guess my interpretation of the trade was:

IT gets Turner (23th round keeper value) and your 1st rounder (which will be a bottom 6 pick) and you get Haren and IT's 1st rounder (which WOULD be a top 6 pick). But if IT keeps Miggy, which he should, then he's keeping him with a bottom 6 pick. So you get Haren AND a top 6 pick next season for Jacob f**king Turner? 23rd rounder or not, that's not an even trade at all IMO.

Look at the top 6 picks in this year's draft (taking away keepers): Braun, Fielder, CarGo, J-Bats, Longoria, Cliff Lee.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I guess my interpretation of the trade was:

IT gets Turner (23th round keeper value) and your 1st rounder (which will be a bottom 6 pick) and you get Haren and IT's 1st rounder (which WOULD be a top 6 pick). But if IT keeps Miggy, which he should, then he's keeping him with a bottom 6 pick. So you get Haren AND a top 6 pick next season for Jacob f**king Turner? 23rd rounder or not, that's not an even trade at all IMO.

Look at the top 6 picks in this year's draft (taking away keepers): Braun, Fielder, CarGo, J-Bats, Longoria, Cliff Lee.

lol...and those were the only 6 picks in the 1st round. Half the teams will keep their keepers, if not more. Unless you're accusing us of colluding...I'm not going to explain myself after this post. We agreed to a deal which WE thought was fair. At most, I'll move up 1 spot. You acting like it's 6 spots is ridiculous. I'm not giving Jacob f**king Turner for Dan Haren who was available on the waivers last week.

I swapped 2nd round picks with James for a few weeks of Tulo and no one threw a fit.
Share 49ersWebzone