LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 342 users in the forums

Give up Ryan Matthews to get DeMarco Murray?

Give up Ryan Matthews to get DeMarco Murray?

Mathews put up some nice numbers today
It's as though Matthews had read this thread and was motivated by it.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Garcia:
What are you all smoking?

Murray has had 3 good games as an NFL runningback.

He is unproven.

Mathews is a proven top 10 fantasy runningback.... and he is more versatile of a player.

Mathews all day.

Mathews is an injury prone fumbling machine
I know Murray broke his ankle last year but his injuries aren't chronic injuries like Ryan Mathews

I don't think you can go wrong with either one but id take Murray over Mathews in fantasy this year

deja vu

I could've sworn I read this in the warriors thread lol
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
deja vu

DeMarco isnt the receiver that Mathews is. almost 500 rec yards last year for RM....
Hes got over 100+ this year already.

RM Top 10 in all leagues, closer to top 5 in PPR.. .. . IMHO

Avg 4.9 Yards Per Carry in 2011 on par to beat that with 5.1 this year.
Averaging almost 9 YARDS PER Reception this year

Need I say more?
Ok, i'll say more.

DeMarco only had 3 out of 13 games last year where he was 'elite'... and he only scored 2 TDs.
I dont buy DeMarco at all IMO He is a low #2 High End Flex at best.
He has 1 TD this year and really only 1 good game and that was week 1.

In a league where I got Alfred Morris, AP, and Jamaal Charles he is on my bench.
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 8, 2012 at 2:40 AM ]
I have Matthews in one league and was happy with how he ran last night. The problem with him is that the Chargers dont trust him because of the fact that he is the biggest fumbler in the league. Jackie Battle, of all people, gets the goal line carries, and Ronnie Brown is in the game at the end if the game is on the line. That takes away a lot of potential points. New Orleans can't stop anyone on defense so it was a good matchup for him that could have been much better if his coaching staff had trust in him to hold on to the ball.
Well, the way it went down was we made the trade but waited long enough that I would get the Matthews start this week.

So I had a nice swan song with RM and now I'm a proud Murray owner.

It is a little frustrating tho, seeing Matthews finally be the guy I thought I was drafting in the 2nd round, after I've made the trade.

Oh well, I'm still optimistic about Murray. His schedule gets easier late in the year.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

He is unproven.

Mathews is a proven top 10 fantasy runningback.... and he is more versatile of a player.

Mathews all day.

I know Murray broke his ankle last year but his injuries aren't chronic injuries like Ryan Mathews

I don't think you can go wrong with either one but id take Murray over Mathews in fantasy this year

deja vu

Replace Murray with Bogut and Mathews with curry lol

He is unproven.

Mathews all day.

deja vu

Replace Murray with Bogut and Mathews with curry lol

Madlibs! Haha
Why would you trade away Mathews after he's only played 2 games?
Originally posted by dhp318:
Why would you trade away Mathews after he's only played 2 games?

I had Murray ranked right above Matthews before the draft, but Murray went two picks earlier. So going into the year I liked Murray more.

Then after the first few weeks both looked less good than they should, but Murray was still performing better. And had more schedule related reasons for putting up less numbers.

What I wanted was one risk reward RB and one solid RB at the top of the draft. But I ended up with two risk/reward guys with DMC and Matthews. This trade seems like a good way to get back to balance. But then I'm still assuming DMC turns it around....

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I had Murray ranked right above Matthews before the draft, but Murray went two picks earlier. So going into the year I liked Murray more.

Then after the first few weeks both looked less good than they should, but Murray was still performing better. And had more schedule related reasons for putting up less numbers.

What I wanted was one risk reward RB and one solid RB at the top of the draft. But I ended up with two risk/reward guys with DMC and Matthews. This trade seems like a good way to get back to balance. But then I'm still assuming DMC turns it around....

You traded one injury prone player for another.
:/

at least you got a good game from him yesterday. But I think you will regret this trade.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Murray has had injuries since college... all ankle/foot.

Mathews was a top 10 fantasy back last year..... so IMO he is better than Murray. Yeah, he has fumble problems but I dont think thats gonna be a problem - we will see.

Also only lost 2 fumbles last year.

RT @ClaytonESPN: DeMarco Murray missed at start of second half for Cowboys. He has foot injury.
[ Edited by Garcia on Oct 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Well, the way it went down was we made the trade but waited long enough that I would get the Matthews start this week.

It is a little frustrating tho, seeing Matthews finally be the guy I thought I was drafting in the 2nd round, after I've made the trade.

Oh well, I'm still optimistic about Murray. His schedule gets easier late in the year.

still optimistic?
Originally posted by krizay:

still optimistic?

lulz they both suck
Originally posted by krizay:

still optimistic?

lulz they both suck

At least Murray had an excuse.
Share 49ersWebzone