LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 200 users in the forums

crzy's Dynasty Baseball League (49ersMyLife is THE CHAMPION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
John Danks Thanks to whoever dropped him. I've been pretty fortunate to get both him and Morrow. ( Makes up for that crappy Jonathan Sanchez)

At least you can admit - Bumgarner >>>>>>>>>> Sanchez

yep

...ugh, it still doesn't make me feel better about Morrow.
Popping the champagne! Regular season champiionship. Anything else is gravy. Woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Popping the champagne! Regular season champiionship. Anything else is gravy. Woohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Congrats...but it's all about the postseason.

Not for me. My goal is to win the regular reason and be the best team over 22 weeks. One week in a post season where you may have starting pitchers that have bad matchups or just one start doesn't prove who the best team was. That is why the money leagues I play in are only roto where there are no playoffs.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Not for me. My goal is to win the regular reason and be the best team over 22 weeks. One week in a post season where you may have starting pitchers that have bad matchups or just one start doesn't prove who the best team was. That is why the money leagues I play in are only roto where there are no playoffs.

So, were the 2008 Patriots better than the 2008 Giants?

Originally posted by jrg:

So, were the 2008 Patriots better than the 2008 Giants?

LOL Yes they were actually. In freebie leagues like these playoffs are cool. BUT, at the end of the season starting pitchers can be scratched from starts, rested, not have 2 starts in the week, etc etc. A mediocre team ( and we have a couple that might make the playoffs with sub .500 records) can have all their pitchers with 2 starts and easily win. Makes it fun but doesnt prove anything. Quite different from your Pats-Giants example.

Anyway, I'm happy with the results. If my team wins in the playoffs it will be even better
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

The whole thing is more than 22 weeks. Being the best over 22 weeks means little. This league has a post-season, so you're playing it wrong if your goal is to win regular season. The manager who wins it all will be 1st in the final standings.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
NinerJohn is just trying to lower his expectations so he won't be disappointed when my team destroys him in the playoffs.

Regular Season Champion lol

That couldn't mean less.

If NinerJohn chokes he's the 2001 Mariners of fantasy baseball.
Originally posted by crzy:
NinerJohn is just trying to lower his expectations so he won't be disappointed when my team destroys him in the playoffs.

Regular Season Champion lol

That couldn't mean less.

If NinerJohn chokes he's the 2001 Mariners of fantasy baseball.

The whole thing is more than 22 weeks. Being the best over 22 weeks means little. This league has a post-season, so you're playing it wrong if your goal is to win regular season. The manager who wins it all will be 1st in the final standings.

To each his own. Dont get me wrong though. I would still love to have had the best record, compiled the most points AND win the playoffs.

And so it begins.... Nelson Cruz will be out of the playoffs for me.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Aug 29, 2011 at 8:15 PM ]

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
It's a little disconcerting that I got swept in the season series by NinerJohn, 4ML, and Sacrock...all 3 seeds higher than me
Originally posted by crzy:
It's a little disconcerting that I got swept in the season series by NinerJohn, 4ML, and Sacrock...all 3 seeds higher than me

At least you still have a winning record unlike 2 of the playoff teams this year.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
[ Edited by crzy on Aug 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
To each his own. Dont get me wrong though. I would still love to have had the best record, compiled the most points AND win the playoffs.

Hanson is out for me, and Vogelsong is killin' me.

Hanson is out for me, and Vogelsong is killin' me.

Vogelsong is back to reality. Hansen will always have injury concerns in my opinion given his delivery
Share 49ersWebzone